Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

13 Bikes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭quinnp

Also, loads of road crud would be thrown up on to the front caliper, far more than a conventionally mounted one I'd imagine.

Nice bikes though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭joey100

Is this not where a lot of TT bikes and aero road bikes put the brakes though? Wouldn't have thought there would have been much of an issue, except to make it a bit more awkward to work on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Lovely bikes. The top tube graphics are cool. Give the bike a nice line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

quinnp wrote: »
    Also, loads of road crud would be thrown up on to the front caliper, far more than a conventionally mounted one I'd imagine.

Nice bikes though...

Looks like the rear caliper is under the BB too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

These look just like the Giant Revolt bike which ended up in the ugly thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭lennymc

the cross bike looks like it could be a great value 2nd bike. 700 ish euros minus axa discount. That's cracking value.

13bikes-2015-100911.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

I know we're not meant to like Halfords, but those bikes look absolutely gorgeous. The top-range one (the Intuition Gamma) is one of the only bikes I've ever seen that actually looks understated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

So where does this leave Boardman Bikes? Seeing as Halfords bought them out a few months ago it seems a bit odd to launch a new range of bikes in direct competition to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

lennymc wrote: »
    the cross bike looks like it could be a great value 2nd bike. 700 ish euros minus axa discount. That's cracking value.

I was just thinking that........found myself looking at the Boardman CX last week as a potential 'second' bike but this looks like a potentially good alternative.........and it's in stock in Newry.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Daroxtar wrote: »
    So where does this leave Boardman Bikes? Seeing as Halfords bought them out a few months ago it seems a bit odd to launch a new range of bikes in direct competition to them.

They wouldn't be the first company to buy out another brand/company only to kill it off and create their own brand.

They look nice. I'm not sure about the front caliper behind the fork normally the caliper is at least a bit aero looking or integrated these look like they've just been put on the wrong way round.

Nice price point on them and graphics are cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Ryath

Jawgap wrote: »
    I was just thinking that........found myself looking at the Boardman CX last week as a potential 'second' bike but this looks like a potentially good alternative.........and it's in stock in Newry.....

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bikes/road-bikes/boardman-cx-comp-bike-2014#tab2

I'd prefer the boardman better spec and lighter for the same money. Was considering it earlier this year.

The next model up looks to be very good value with sram apex 10 speed
    http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bikes/road-bikes/boardman-cx-team-bike-2014#tab2

I'd check around a few shops Liffey Valley earlier this year had the 2012/13 model for under €800 I was very tempted but I'm going to hold of getting a disc cross bike I think till hydraulic disc brakes come into my budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Ryath wrote: »
    http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bikes/road-bikes/boardman-cx-comp-bike-2014#tab2

I'd prefer the boardman better spec and lighter for the same money. Was considering it earlier this year.

The next model up looks to be very good value with sram apex 10 speed
    http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bikes/road-bikes/boardman-cx-team-bike-2014#tab2

I'd check around a few shops Liffey Valley earlier this year had the 2012/13 model for under €800 I was very tempted but I'm going to hold of getting a disc cross bike I think till hydraulic disc brakes come into my budget.

I was looking at the SRAM equipped one. They had a sale a couple of weeks ago and had 10% off them - I dithered and they're back up to full whack at the moment. I think I may hang on for the moment and see if they start discounting in the run up to Christmas to clear space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

That 13 CX bike is 12.2kg claimed. Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shadow Dragon

But what are the chances of Halfords over here ever getting them in stock?

Advertisement