Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting a month for Phone and Broadband

Options
  • 19-09-2014 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I rang yourselves on the 27th August to switch to yourselves from smart.  Gave all my details including bank account details and confirm the order was told it would take up to 5 working days for the order to be processed which was fine.  We still hadn’t switched after 2 weeks to I rang yourselves and got speaking to a lovely chap called Alex who check your system and saw that the order was placed on the 5th Sep but hadn’t been completed for whatever reason when he tried to complete it he couldn’t as your system had go off line for the day.  He told me to ring back the next day to ask them to complete the order.  When i rang back the lady on the phone told me there was a problem and they couldn’t complete the order she took my details and told me she would call back which never happened.  Up until this point we could make calls but couldn’t receive calls.  On Thursday 11th we lost phone and broadband I rang yourselves Friday morning and she put in a request for a technician to come out.  On Friday evening a technician arrived and fixed the phone and we were able to make and receive calls under our old e.ircom number but still no broadband.  I rang on Friday after the technician left to see how long before broadband was up and running and was told its takes 24/48 hrs after the phone line becomes active before broadband can be ordered.  On Saturday we lost both phone and broadband and when I contacted yourselves I was told that there was no record of the technician coming out and the orginal request is still open so it will take up to 10 working days for someone to coming out.  I contacted yourselves again to explain that my husband starts his online college course on Monday and needs broadband and phone asap but was still told that it could be up to 10 working days.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am extremely annoyed it is unacceptable that an order the should take only 5 working days has taken nearly a month and left us with out a phone for over 3 weeks or broadband for the past week.  Can someone please look into to this asap as at this late stage i’m tempted to cancel the order and find another provider[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

abellew wrote: »
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I rang yourselves on the 27th August to switch to yourselves from smart.  Gave all my details including bank account details and confirm the order was told it would take up to 5 working days for the order to be processed which was fine.  We still hadn’t switched after 2 weeks to I rang yourselves and got speaking to a lovely chap called Alex who check your system and saw that the order was placed on the 5th Sep but hadn’t been completed for whatever reason when he tried to complete it he couldn’t as your system had go off line for the day.  He told me to ring back the next day to ask them to complete the order.  When i rang back the lady on the phone told me there was a problem and they couldn’t complete the order she took my details and told me she would call back which never happened.  Up until this point we could make calls but couldn’t receive calls.  On Thursday 11th we lost phone and broadband I rang yourselves Friday morning and she put in a request for a technician to come out.  On Friday evening a technician arrived and fixed the phone and we were able to make and receive calls under our old e.ircom number but still no broadband.  I rang on Friday after the technician left to see how long before broadband was up and running and was told its takes 24/48 hrs after the phone line becomes active before broadband can be ordered.  On Saturday we lost both phone and broadband and when I contacted yourselves I was told that there was no record of the technician coming out and the orginal request is still open so it will take up to 10 working days for someone to coming out.  I contacted yourselves again to explain that my husband starts his online college course on Monday and needs broadband and phone asap but was still told that it could be up to 10 working days.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am extremely annoyed it is unacceptable that an order the should take only 5 working days has taken nearly a month and left us with out a phone for over 3 weeks or broadband for the past week.  Can someone please look into to this asap as at this late stage i’m tempted to cancel the order and find another provider[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hello abellew

I'm very sorry to hear of these recent issues and apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please feel free to PM me your account details and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks

Al[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 37 abellew

I have sent a PM to you Alan with all the information

Is there any update on this as I keep getting text message claiming that the fault in the line has been restored but the phone line is still down.

Any update on this at all do we are now into our second week of waiting for a technician do you have any idea when he will be available

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭GSBellew

Nearly a week on and no update.

To say that I'm getting frustrated with the abysmal apparent lack of any form of customer service would be an understatement.

To compound my frustration a work colleague rang Eircom on Tuesday of this week to order phone / broadband and has an engineer out tomorrow to install it, they were able to tell him there and then when the engineer would be out.

I want to know how one person can be given a firm date for an engineer to install and another in the same area can be left dangling waiting for any sort of update as to when I can expect any sort of service.

I need to have a proper stable working broadband connection in place, if you are unable or unwilling to provide this please just tell me so I can assess the available alternatives for my home and mobile service.

• Advertisement

The saga continues.

Todays story is that somebody allegedly cut through a phone line in my area & that is why its not working.
    Amazing story, seeing as somehow it caused me to loose the ability to receive calls but I was able to make them
    no problem and then to loose everything completely before briefly working on my old eircom number before yet
    again stopping working completely. 

Supposedly it will be working again by Monday and then I will be able to place yet another order which I will no
    doubt have to wait x amount of days to be processed.

I look forward to updating this with the next installment, it may be a while though, as I obviously still have no broadband.......

GSBellew wrote: »
    The saga continues.

Todays story is that somebody allegedly cut through a phone line in my area & that is why its not working.
    Amazing story, seeing as somehow it caused me to loose the ability to receive calls but I was able to make them
    no problem and then to loose everything completely before briefly working on my old eircom number before yet
    again stopping working completely. 

Supposedly it will be working again by Monday and then I will be able to place yet another order which I will no
    doubt have to wait x amount of days to be processed.

I look forward to updating this with the next installment, it may be a while though, as I obviously still have no broadband.......
    Hi GSBellew

I do apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you. I am awaiting clarification from efibre operations surrounding a solution and as soon as I have this I will let you know right away.

Al

Alan I'm not sure if this matters or not but we are going for standard broadband not the efibre we were told there would be no interruption to our service if we got the standard 

Can i please have someone look into this.  Finally we got our phone lines sorted on the the 27th on September after a month of nothing and have been able to make and receive calls.  An eircom engineer came out to the house on Monday and checked the line and we were told the we have no DSL signal on the line and to contact eircom and they will activate the line so I called on monday evening and told the rep this and that was fine they said it would take up to 24hrs for it to become active which was fine.  I rang again on tuesday and was told that broadband and phone was up and running and they would send a modem out to us and we should receive it by the latest on thursday which was fine as well. We didn’t receive anything this morning in the post and i’ve have no deliveries as of yet but just to make sure everything is still ticking along i contacted customer care just to be on the safe side only to be told that there was a problem connecting our line and the order was cancelled by the engineer and reordered and we wont be up and running until Thursday 9th october.

I am finding this totally unacceptable the fact the i place the order at the end of august and we still haven’t working broadband. I have explain to everyone involved that my husband is doing a college course online and needs broadband to complete lectures and the reason we didn’t go with fibre broadband was so we wouldn’t have a break in service. I can’t understand why someone couldn’t phone us and explain the that there was a problem or why when i was speaking to your reps the didn’t mention a problem.

I’m also finding it mystifying as to why there is such a problem we have had working phone and broadband service with smart/digiweb without hassle for the last 7 years. I do understand that issues arise but to be over a month on and still no broadband make me wonder if i wasn’t better off staying were i was

Can someone look into this as soon as possible

As above, this has been ongoing now for 38 days and counting which for what should be a straight forward swap of service from one network to another.

I have been through the process several times with our lines in work & it has always been a seamless transition with no downtime on either voice or DSL, the only difference is we have never gone back to Eircom & judging by this experience I don't think your "win back" team will have much luck the next time they give me a call to ask that question.

So Eircom, 38 days later, now with a predicted fix scheduled at a laughable 45 days later, which I'm not going to hold my breath for, lets see if I can be pleasantly surprised.

• Advertisement

i would appreciate someone getting back to me on this.  

To add insult to injury I receive a bill today totalling 27.67.  I have also been charged for a modem which I have not yet received.  I like to think that I have been quite clam about this and understand that these things happen but in all fairness this is take the biscuit.  I don't understand why if the engineers cancel the order for what ever reason and then replaced it is it not been rushed through because we have been waiting so long we are now heading into our 4th week of no broadband and with a teenager who is sitting his leaving cert and needs the internet for homework and study and 3 younger kids who like to play games not to mention again my husband own course work have all been affected.  We are out a small fortune putting credit into my husbands phone so he can use his mobile data to try and work around the problem never mind the fact that he has to go to other members of the family to log onto their broadband.  Can someone please look into this 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

To add insult to injury I receive a bill today totalling 27.67.  I have also been charged for a modem which I have not yet received.  I like to think that I have been quite clam about this and understand that these things happen but in all fairness this is take the biscuit.  I don't understand why if the engineers cancel the order for what ever reason and then replaced it is it not been rushed through because we have been waiting so long we are now heading into our 4th week of no broadband and with a teenager who is sitting his leaving cert and needs the internet for homework and study and 3 younger kids who like to play games not to mention again my husband own course work have all been affected.  We are out a small fortune putting credit into my husbands phone so he can use his mobile data to try and work around the problem never mind the fact that he has to go to other members of the family to log onto their broadband.  Can someone please look into this 
    Hi abellew

Can you send me a PM with the Account no. and I will look into this for you.

thanks
    Colm

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭macmurph

Hi abellew
    Any luck yet?
    I understand your frustration, I have an ongoing problem with Eircom that just simply will not go away.
    My advise is get out as soon as you can. The customer service is beyond belief. Only when you've had the misfortune of trying to sort a problem with Eircom  can you really appreciate how bad they are and how frustrating it can get.
    No amount of phone calls will help, anything they do tell you, you cannot take as reliable/truth - they are a law unto themselves and the worst customer service you will ever encounter.
    Dont take my word for it, look through as many other posts as you can and you will see the same pattern emerge.

Good luck
    PS frankly, luck is what you need when dealing with these people.

This whole thing has turned into disaster.  I phone eircom yesterday to check on the order for broadband and was told that order was active and all up and running and i was put onto tech support to check why it isn’t working.  Tech support told me it can take up to 24hrs for line to be active which is fine and i should be up and running tomorrow (today) so i put on the modem this morning and no broadband so i left it till i got home from work this evening and still no broadband so I waiting till 5pm just to make sure it didn’t come on and i contact customer service again only to be told that the bloody order has been cancelled again and we weren’t going to have broadband until the 16th October to say that i’m annoyed is an understatement this has been going on far too long this is the second time an order has been cancelled on us and put back again without anyone contacting us and the person i was speaking to couldn’t even guarantee that the order wouldn’t be cancelled again and put back another week.   Rang eircom back to see if by going with efibre would we get a technician out quicker but by going by efibre on the phone we can’t get the online offer which is E24 a month even tho we are a new customer and not an existing customer.  I have put through the order for efibre as our only real other option is to hope that the order for standard goes through and we really can’t wait.  I was told to ring back tomorrow and they should be able to tell me the date and time that a technician out.  Lets hope we can get a technician out before the weekend but in all fairness given our pass problems I’m not going to hold my breath.  If this can’t be done i would be preferred to be told so we can organize another provider to supply us.

So day 44 and a pattern appears to be emerging whereby they promise to have it active, then cancel the order, submit a new one & reset the clock to day one again.

From a message that one of the reps sent I gather that the issue is that Eircom does not have the capacity on the exchange to take the connection, amazing in 2014 in a first world country 50 miles from the capital that this can be the case.

I fail to understand why the order was accepted in the first place if the capacity is not there?
    The acceptance of the order for the provision of services denotes the creation of a contract, a contract which Eircom have thus far failed to fulfil & at this point I'm not sure if they have the capability to honour.

I would at this point just like to know what Eircoms stance is on the matter & if it is normal policy for Eircom to accept orders they will not be able to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭macmurph

Hi.
    From my experience it could easily be an administrative issue rather than one of capacity or capability. My on going problem is simply just a matter of hitting the correct buttons on the keyboard. 100+ phone calls plus Twitter and Boards and It's just been lies after lies.
    I'm not bothering anymore with contacting them they can just keep sending the bills. I know I rant a bit on this subject but its just astonishing how bad their customer service is.
    Something else to consider is if they ever do get you up and running and you have a fault at some point - it's this same circus that you'll have to deal with again.
    For me its not worth it, I'd give eircom a wide berth for at least 10 years. If they're still around at that point maybe they'll have sorted out their problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Oh dear god don't get me started ....

I placed a order in June .. Yes June .... And although we have never had interruption to our phone line , our internet wit the previous provider was ceased and we still have no internet from
    Eircom ...

As of today I've clocked up just over 20hours phone time to eircom , have had technicians out 3 times and have spoken to 48 different people in eircom , some of those twice or 3 times ... 2 times in all these months is all anyone had the courtesy to return my call .....I can not begin to explain how incompetent eircom are ... It's absolutely shocking !! Once all is resolved I will be billing them for my
    Time wasted on telephone calls to them
    ... 20 hours of my life on the phone straight is just a ridiculous waste of my time ...

At this stage I don't really care what type of broadband I get just once I have internet access my husband is nearly 2 weeks behind on his online lectures and has online assignments at the weekend he can't keep going around to different peoples houses we need this sorted ASAP

• Advertisement

Thursday bump.

Still here, still very much offline.......................

Regretting leaving Smart / Digiweb constantly now.

Absolute shambles of a company this.

GSBellew wrote: »
    Thursday bump.

Still here, still very much offline.......................

Regretting leaving Smart / Digiweb constantly now.

Absolute shambles of a company this.
    Hi GSBellew

As Discussed with abellew this afternoon your efibre installation is due for this coming Tuesday the 14th of October (PM timeframe) - I have asked for your installation to be arranged earlier should any cancellations appear.

Thanks
    Al

Thank you Alan for all your help :-)

Thank you Alan for all your help :-)
    No worries abellew

I will monitor this over the next few days

Al

Alan, Just to let you know that the eircom tech has just left and we are now up and running with our broadband. Can you confirm that we have the efibre unlimited with off peak calls for E24.   Thanks a million for all your help.  

Advertisement