Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT 2015!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mahoncj

Hey Stitch09 or anyone who has advice. I'm from an Arts background and considering doing the GAMSAT in March in Dublin. I've heard the Gradmed courses are excellent and have a very high success rate. Would anyone recommend these or does anyone have notes from the course they'd like to sell? I'm currently doing a masters so I think the Gradmed course might be a bit pricey and I might not be able to attend all the onsite days.
    Can anyone recommend good material for more self-directed study that are geared toward the GAMSAT? I have The Gold Standard book but find it so vast. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Stitch09

Hiya mahoncj,
    I used the Griffiths gamsat notes, they were 30 / and you can download them, quick google search will get you to them. I found them to be very good, directed, and concise. Again, for the sciences, leaving cert style revision books will cover the majority of the stuff perfectly well.
    I've heard good reviews from some of the guys for the Gold Standard notes but have no experience with them, and tbh haven't heard of anything about the review courses, though others here might be able to help out a bit.
    If you are doing them in march and start into the study now, you should be absolutely fine. If you can afford the courses, they may help focus you on certain areas, or maybe form a study group either if thats an option.
    If theres anything else or anything more specific, sure let us know.
    All the best,
    Stitch

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mahoncj

Thanks for the advice Stictch09. How are you getting on with Grad Med yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Stitch09

No worries! Its great, zero regrets about coming back to do it. The course is, genuinely, super interesting. Its busy and demanding at times, and exams are never a particularly pleasant experience, but its worth it. The intensity is a lot higher than the direct entry 5 yr course, but its just a case of falling back into good study habits and trying to keep a healthy balance. Speaking for our course anyhow in UCC theres a good attitude, people get on with each other and try help each other out so its a nice atmosphere! I really can't recommend it highly enough!

Advertisement