Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Swiftkey/Swype - give it a chance!

• 19-09-2014 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

While I understand that this idea to swipe words are new to iphone users it's been around years for android users and frankly is a fantastic feature.

I am reading in the ios8 thread how people are hating it but tbh you need to give it a chance. It is in my mind the best single feature of ios8 and used, and loved, on both droids and windows phone for a long time.

Swiftkey is free and the others are around a dollar.

How to use it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Col_30

Swyping still takes me a lot longer than using typing/predictive. I hated it on Android, I still hate it. I guess it's down to individual preferences though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

SwiftKey is immediately installed on any Android device I have. It's an excellent keyboard, great prediction too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I have been using it a lot since last night, and it does take a little bit of getting used to, but I am really enjoying it now.

The old style keyboard seems very antiquated now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Swyping keyboards were the sole reason I updated my ipad. Once you get a feel for it you'll wonder how you ever even considered typing or tapping on a touch screen.

For anyone using an ipad it's worth noting that SwiftKey have not enabled swipe typing for their ipad app so your only option right now is to use the app Swype. It's an excellent app though and has a high level of accuracy.

Advertisement