Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom house move. Eircom (house move team) will not assist me. Please help.

Options
  • 19-09-2014 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am moving house, and I rang Eircom today to request my E-Fibre to be moved to the new apartment.

I was told that this cannot be completed, as there is another active connection with another provider on the line at present.

The previous tenants have moved out, and no contact details have been left for them.

I was told by the agent that I need to connect a phone to the socket in the apartment, and dial 19800. This will give me the provider's details so I can call them and cancel the existing service.

I cannot cancel someone else's service, as I am not the account holder.

I cannot wait the advised 3-4 weeks for Eircom to do this for me by me sending in a copy of my tenants agreement.

Please advise what the best option to do here is, as I am a happy customer and want to keep my service.

Regards,

Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

I am moving house, and I rang Eircom today to request my E-Fibre to be moved to the new apartment.

I was told that this cannot be completed, as there is another active connection with another provider on the line at present.

The previous tenants have moved out, and no contact details have been left for them.

I was told by the agent that I need to connect a phone to the socket in the apartment, and dial 19800. This will give me the provider's details so I can call them and cancel the existing service.

I cannot cancel someone else's service, as I am not the account holder.

I cannot wait the advised 3-4 weeks for Eircom to do this for me by me sending in a copy of my tenants agreement.

Please advise what the best option to do here is, as I am a happy customer and want to keep my service.

Regards,

Michael

Hi RoyalMarine

I'm sorry to say that I cannot suggest an alternative route to follow. There will be no way eircom can close this account even if they have a copy of a tenant agreement - ultimately it's the responsibility of the account holder to contact the other provider to close their account although I do recommend contacting the landlord to arrange this.

Eircom will be able to assist with the move once there the service is closed by the other provider.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Thanks Alan, however this does not make sense.

What happens if the previous tenants decide not to cancel, or if the landlord cannot contact them?

Does this leave the account open for the next few months while it's in dispute and eventually goes to a debt collector?

Where does this leave me then? I'm locked out of obtaining broadband for the next few months.

Thanks Alan, however this does not make sense.

What happens if the previous tenants decide not to cancel, or if the landlord cannot contact them?

Does this leave the account open for the next few months while it's in dispute and eventually goes to a debt collector?

Where does this leave me then? I'm locked out of obtaining broadband for the next few months.
    Hi RoyalMarine

You also gave the choice of closing your existing account and opening up a new account when the service with the other provider is closed. To arrange this please contact the cancellations team on free phone 1901 - [font=Calibri","sans-serif]When asked please enter your landline number then choose option 2 when prompted and then choose option 4 to move house or cancel a service and then option 2 to remove a service.

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

Cheers Al,

I'm still confused. I can now close my account, but I will still have to wait x amount of months for the issue to be resolved with the other provider?

Cheers Al,

I'm still confused. I can now close my account, but I will still have to wait x amount of months for the issue to be resolved with the other provider?
    Hi RoyalMarine

Unfortnately eircom will be uable to assist with the matter at the new house as it's with another provider, normally they can close the account once a tennancy agreement is submitted to them but that's ultimately up to them to follow up.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

great news for me...... :(

Thanks for clarifying this for me Al, much appreciated!

great news for me...... :(

Thanks for clarifying this for me Al, much appreciated!
    No worries RoyalMarine

I'm sorry I can't offer you more assistance on this

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

@RM

I think what Alan was hinting at, was that you might just cancel your eircom account, while waiting for the existing account at the new address to to close. In the mean time, you might be able to use the account at the new address until it is closed. That way, you will have broadband access (at a very low rate :D )

Advertisement