Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20.9.2014 West Brom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

forest midweek id fancy us to get hammered against them and arse too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Absolute muck - total rubbish

I got hassle when I slated the team for not finishing out the game against Sunderland but here we are again today . A group of spineless mercenaries who just want to get rich

No point in this 'poch needs time ' rubbish - he can't even see that the squad has no leader - bloody fell its a fairly basic requirement in any competitive sport .

Sandro for all his faults was an inspirational type of player - poch gets rid of him and now we have no one

And don't get me started on adebayour or I might have to bring up the comment someone made a few weeks back calling him one of the best finishers in the league and possessing a killer instinct

And we Will get destroyed next week as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

I'm very worried about next week. We're gonna get destroyed.

Totally agree there are no leaders. Kaboul was the only real option and he is beyond poor. It is going to be a very long season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Play Europa league on Thursday, lose on the Sunday. Same old crap every season. Hope they go out of league cup midweek to cut down on fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Sandro is injury plagued Mick, hence him being sold. Can't see the lad completing a full season unscathed. Midfield as a whole are an embarrassment. Dembele goes retreating back to his old self. Bench Eriksen. Players go through 90 minutes without receiving a bollockin. Twilight fan club.

Lamela showed some creative initiative. Strikers currently on or books, the worst we've had in a while. Fans constantly bítched about Defoe, yet he never gave apposing defenders an easy time, always probing, the very least giving defenders a worrying time. I don't think the WB back four broke a sweat.

The defense needs fúcking sorting out, Vlad playing today was a massive mistake, hasn't the foggiest. Where was our captain today? I would drill these wánkers all day, ever day.

Need a performance on Wednesday, before we play those poofters up the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Sandro is injury plagued Mick, hence him being sold. Can't see the lad completing a full season unscathed.

Need a performance on Wednesday, before we play those poofters up the road.

Don't forget players with bad injuries at spurs usually seem to have miracle recoveries when they move on :-)

mickman wrote: »
    Don't forget players with bad injuries at spurs usually seem to have miracle recoveries when they move on :-)

Suppose we'll find out as the season progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Our owners are cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

We are far too easy to defend against.

Opposition teams know we have very little or no threat up front.

Our defenders got no cover from midfield.

Scott Parker and Sandro use to do a lot of mopping up, not pretty but crucial.

A lot of money spent on players the past few seasons.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/tottenham-hotspur-transfers.html

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

mickman wrote: »

Such as? Sandro has played once for Qpr and is now injured again. Probably right to get rid of him, as good as he could be he is no use when he is in the physio room.

• Advertisement

WB won't earn an easier three points. There were no battles so to speak of. A team of soft boys with no spine. Looked to me that there jerseys were ultra white at full time. I can imagine them face booking each other. "You okay hun" PM Me!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

We are far too easy to defend against.

Opposition teams know we have very little or no threat up front.

Our defenders got no cover from midfield.

Scott Parker and Sandro use to do a lot of mopping up, not pretty but crucial.

A lot of money spent on players the past few seasons.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/tottenham-hotspur-transfers.html

We've spent £165 million in 21 years. Not a whole pile of money. Transfer fees are going up and up. We don't have that kind of money. Or at least we don't spend that kind

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We can still put a good run together and finish an impressive 7th or 8th. A bit of luck and 6th isn't beyond us. Lots to look forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

I'd be more concerned if we were getting wins while not paying well like we were under AVB. Hopefully the manager can see the wrongs in playing a single striker at home against a team in the bottom three. We should have gone all out with 2 up front and aimed to have them a few goals down in the first half. It's just too easy to defend against us with a solid back 4

Defence is a shambles, don't ever want to see Vlad again, he's an accident waiting to happen. Poch needs to go back to the drawing board, hopefully he sees the weaknesses now after some competitive losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

good point mayo yid and welcome to the forum bud:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

We played some brilliant football against Sunderland but failed to be clinical enough.

Todays result bangs of Europa League syndrome. Our stats from post Europa league last season were atrocious too.

I'd say Poch will move a few of these misfits on in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

If we had beaten Sunderland last week which we should have and beaten WBA today we would be in a really good position in the League table tonight after this weekends results,we're just not good enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Come to the conclusion that this is going to be a very long and frustrating season.

tippspur wrote: »
    If we had beaten Sunderland last week which we should have and beaten WBA today we would be in a really good position in the League table tonight after this weekends results,we're just not good enough though.

If's, ands and buts mate. Last season was a dead rubber as soon as AVB was shown the door and TS announced as in intermediate manager.

This season isn't much better. Another year of transition. .. what's that about 10 in the last 13.

Hopefully Poch gets beyond one season. I think he will but I wouldn't be very confident about him still been there next November.

Todays result bangs of Europa League syndrome. Our stats from post Europa league last season were atrocious too.

Yeah but this season at least we have a manager who is rotating 85% of the team.

Still and all, a trip to belgrade is 2 or 3 days less to prepare for the next epl game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Utd lose Liverpool lose everton lose well why don't we follow suit??hashtag bottlers.com

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Not gonna blame Pochettino.the fraud squad are still alive and not kickin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

The point they made on MOTD 2 last night is a good one about Europa League syndrome. 10 changes to the team that played on Thursday night from yesterday. Europa League syndrome can not be an valid reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

During preseason, we thought that Poch was giving all players a chance to impress before he made new signings....
    He sells a few and buys Vorm, Dier,Fazio, Davies, Stambouli and Yedlin..
    Dier is the only one who has featured.... Sums us up really.
    Under Dim Sherwood i hadnt got a clue what team we would put out or formation we'd apply...but under Poch he has played the exact same team and formation in the last 2 premiership fixtures and yielded 1 point, personally i think we should have got 6 points , obviously before a ball was kicked i thought this.

I still think Soldado should be starting ....why?? i dont know TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Glebee wrote: »
    Europa League syndrome can not be an valid reason..

Yes it can be. The team only has one day of preparation before a Premier League game - pathetic.

Fly out Wednesday. Play the match Thursday. Fly home late on Thursday night. Rest Friday morning. Warm down session Friday afternoon. Saturday start preparing in earnest for your match on Sunday. Sh*t preparation for an important match.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Yes it can be. The team only has one day of preparation before a Premier League game - pathetic.

Fly out Wednesday. Play the match Thursday. Fly home late on Thursday night. Rest Friday morning. Warm down session Friday afternoon. Saturday start preparing in earnest for your match on Sunday. Sh*t preparation for an important match.

Match Wednesday night home to Forest,
    Thursday, massage and stretching ie day off.
    Friday prepare for Huge game on Saturday.
    Difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Its the dead Sunday atmosphere more than anything else that kills us. I'd like to see an analysis of our results at WHL on a Saturday compared to a Sunday. I have a feeling there could be a world of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Would playing in the champions league midweek not result in the same thing? So i wouldnt be one to complain about midweek fixtures if we really want to be a top team.

Surely we can prepare much more efficently if it is the case, maybe leave the matchday squad at home and work with them.

Match Wednesday night home to Forest,
    Thursday, massage and stretching ie day off.
    Friday prepare for Huge game on Saturday.
    Difference?

I agree, hence no big team takes the Carling Cup serious any more.

Though you're not going to tell me that travelling to Nottingham is just a tiring a travelling to Belgrade?!

• Advertisement

oppiuy wrote: »
    maybe leave the matchday squad at home and work with them.

I agree with this. Poch should leave all the players who'll be playing at the weekend at home. Let them work on something specific with one of the coaches while the young lads/second team players play in Belgrade!

Advertisement