Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20.9.2014 West Brom

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

golfball37 wrote: »
    Its the dead Sunday atmosphere more than anything else that kills us. I'd like to see an analysis of our results at WHL on a Saturday compared to a Sunday. I have a feeling there could be a world of difference.

the only home league game in the first half of the season that could be a saturday 3pm kick off is Palace in December - and this game could still be moved !

what the hell happend to football ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

West Brom Starting 11:

Llories, Dier, Kaboul, Chriches, Rose, Capoue, Dembelle, Chadli,Lamela, Erikson, Adeboyor.

Partizan Belgrade Starting 11:

Llories, Naughton, Fazio, Vertongin, Davies, Lennon, Bentalib, Paulinho, Stombo, Townsend, Kane.

Lloris plays two full games in 4 days. ok granted the prep for the Sunday game might not be 100% but it West Brom not Bayern Munich that Spurs were playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Glebee wrote: »
    The point they made on MOTD 2 last night is a good one about Europa League syndrome. 10 changes to the team that played on Thursday night from yesterday. Europa League syndrome can not be an valid reason..

I don't think Danny Muprhy and JFL are experts in the field, nor am I.

In fact we left a few players at home last week, Adebayor, Rose, Kaboul, Dembele & Chadli. So why were they off the pace yesterday? Might training alone while the squad is away have a lethargic effect?

Travelling to Belgrade on a Tuesday, training in Belgrade on a Wednesday, playing a game in Belgrade on a Thursday and travelling home from Belgrade on a Friday is not the same as taking a 2hr bus ride to Nottingham on a Wednesday, playing a match in Nottingham on a Wednesday and getting the bus back that same evening. Seriously?

The point is, looking at our stats from previous season a Sunday morning kickoff after a Thursday night always seems to have a bad effect on the squad overall. So, I'm willing to scratch this result off and give Pochettino a chance to figure it out.

We played some great football last weekend too.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Nobody is travelling to Nottingham..;)
    But, i know what you mean, but shirley be to jaysus they cant be "tired"..
    terrible excuses....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Where are the Enic/DL defender squad today? Awfully quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Better off forgetting EPL and top4 now. Concentrate on Europa League and the domestic cups.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Better off forgetting EPL and top4 now. Concentrate on Europa League and the domestic cups.

Yeah. Says it all when we are already writing our epl season off in mid sept.

Just for a change in pace I'd like to see us take the cups seriously. Blue in the face with repeatedly been disappointed with league game performances and results. A cup final day on the lash in Tom Mayes would be the craic...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Yeah. Says it all when we are already writing our epl season off in mid sept.

Just for a change in pace I'd like to see us take the cups seriously. Blue in the face with repeatedly been disappointed with league game performances and results. A cup final day on the lash in Tom Mayes would be the craic...

Cup final day at wembley on the lash would be better, think it was called the green man or something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Its almost like there's a segregation of Spurs fans. This **** pisses me off. Any ounce of club doing bad and people will post stuff like this. Its really not needed, either way.

You'll get your wish soon enough. New owners might bring out the 'I told you so' brigade though!

irishmover wrote: »
    Any ounce of club doing bad and people will post stuff like this.

Any ounce? I've made my opinions on DL/ENIC known in good times and bad. It's been consistently the same since I started posting in here 3 or 4 years ago.

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »

You'll get your wish soon enough. New owners might bring out the 'I told you so' brigade though!

I'm sure they will be out...If and when that happens.. probably as soon as we drop 6 points on the trot. But sure that the way things go... life would be dull otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I still love Daniel, his bald head and cool glasses.

Seriously I am in shock as to how bad we were against WBA. I think we had one shot on target, and where is Ericson gone?

I did expect some improvement on last season but Sunday our midfield, defence and attack all seemed equally dismal. If we improve by 100% for the Arsenal game we will still lose by at least two goals.

There is at least on positive I see and that is that we cant play any worse than this again this season unless our team gets infected with ebola.

Lads, if we had beaten WBA we would be 2nd......
    Then the outlook would be..
    Handy game v Forest and get ready for the Arsenal and i think we'll beat them....

Just try and sit back and enjoy the ride...

could be worse..

#lolpool, #manu

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Lads, if we had beaten WBA we would be 2nd......
    Then the outlook would be..
    Handy game v Forest and get ready for the Arsenal and i think we'll beat them....

Just try and sit back and enjoy the ride...

could be worse..

#lolpool, #manu

That would be papering over the cracks though.
    Didn't expect us to be pulling up trees this year but our defence hasn't improved, our passing hasn't and we're not free flowing attacking wise.
    We fell apart again in our 1st real test, weren't clinical in the Sunderland game and the last 2 matches have been like last year all over.
    Hard work and a will to win should be necessities but some of our players are allergic to it

Wheres all the new players??
    Plus Walker and Vertonghen has yet to play..
    Big Players for us!!!!!

Advertisement