Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why an I paying for Banking Online

Options
  • 19-09-2014 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Why am I paying fo Banking Online?It's €15 per month. All the other banks seem to offer this as a free service. Changing my small business account to another bank and saving €180 per year seems like a no brainer.
    Why am I still being charged for something free everywhere else????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi daveknowsbest.

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to Boards.ie.

You mentioned in your post above that you are a small business customer. If you're registered as a sole trader or as a trading as company (your own name trading as a business name), it may be possible to view the account on 365Online for free. 
    Please contact Bank of Ireland365 on 0818 365 365 / 003531 4044000 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

If we can assist you with anything further, please don't hesitate to contact us.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 2 daveknowsbest

I'm familiar with Banking 365 for my personal a/c. 
    As my business is a Limited Company I have used Banking Online almost since it started. At the time it was a great additional resource to me. With all business banking now being conducted online it is no longer an additional resource but an essential tool. I doubt if it is now even possible for a company to have a bank a/c  without online banking.
    My question is: Why am I paying for it?? when anyone opening a business a/c with any other bank is set up with online banking as a matter of course and not charged.
    Correct me if I am wrong but I believe I can change to any other bank and immediately save my company €180 per year.
    Please give me a reason not to do so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

We appreciate your comments daveknowsbest and will forward them on to our Business Online Team.

If you would like to send us a PM, we will arrange for a representative to give you a call and discuss this in detail with you. Please include your name, address, branch and contact number and you'll receive a call from us shortly.

Thanks again,
    Laura

Advertisement