Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

game stop loyalty question?

Options
  • 19-09-2014 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

I rang gamestop there and he said i would get 44e store credit for ghosts, gta 5, fifa 13 & 14, skyrim , saw and mw3 all for 360 xbox. Then he said if i used that credit to pre order the xbox one/fifa 15 bundle and sign up to a loyalty card he would give me 25% extra credit?? Is there a catch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Have a look on CEX website if your close to one will get a lot more money for your games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Have a look on CEX website if your close to one will get a lot more money for your games

I know but with the extra 25% it would come to 55euro and pay that off the xb1 . 2Nd hand xb1 in cex is 405 without kinect . Game stop is 399 brand new with fifa 15 . Just wondering is there any catch with the loyolty thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I know but with the extra 25% it would come to 55euro and pay that off the xb1 . 2Nd hand xb1 in cex is 405 without kinect . Game stop is 399 brand new with fifa 15 . Just wondering is there any catch with the loyolty thing

You would probably get more then 55e cash off cex. Then pre order in gamestop with it.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    You would probably get more then 55e cash off cex. Then pre order in gamestop with it.

Checked the cex website. I would get 45 cash for the games, so gamestop the better option in this case i reckon. Is any one a loyalty member?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Wait,
    you'd only get €45 for 7 games?!??!!?

• Advertisement

Wait,

Yep on cex website

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Wait,

The Fifas, Saw, and MW3 are worth very little

maximoose wrote: »
    The Fifas, Saw, and MW3 are worth very little

True. But with ghosts and gta5, 45 is such a rip off. Ahh it's been discussed on here before about the trade in prices. what can you do I guess.
    Yep on cex website

Normally I would say stick them up on adverts. but the 25% off the xbox one and fifa bundle does sound tempting.

Op, ring up another GameStop store and ask them. The last thing you want is to get shafted and be told that the 25% loyalty card bonus cannot be used against consoles purchases, and or console bundle purchases.

You picked me up wrong man. I get 44euro store credit from gamestop for the games , if i join the loyalty and preorder the xbox then he will give me 25% extra for the trade in . So id be gettin 55 instead of 44, and id get 25% extra for future trade ins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Once you don't mind annoying emails from GS about their offers them go for it
    In fact, do it then cancelled the loyalty card after you get the game by unsubscribing from their mailing list.
    Job done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Once you don't mind annoying emails from GS about their offers them go for it
    In fact, do it then cancelled the loyalty card after you get the game by unsubscribing from their mailing list.
    Job done

For someone as Techno davy as you I would have expected you to have Rules set up on your e-mail provider to shoo these pesky mails along :P

You picked me up wrong man. I get 44euro store credit from gamestop for the games , if i join the loyalty and preorder the xbox then he will give me 25% extra for the trade in . So id be gettin 55 instead of 44, and id get 25% extra for future trade ins.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry dude. I did pick you up wrong pacman.gif
    55 tho? it's not great is it. It's better than a kick in the balls ( :p ) But you still have to fork out 345 for the bundle. A fair bit of change.

I'd stick them up on adverts first. If that fails trade them in.

Its done nw lol so f#ck it. 55 is sht i knw but il be glued to fifa 15 anyway so wont need those games. Have 30 bluerays to trade in aswel so hopefuly thats another 40

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have 30 bluerays to trade in aswel so hopefuly thats another 40

You'd definitely be better off selling those privately than trading in!

maximoose wrote: »
    You'd definitely be better off selling those privately than trading in!

I know but id be waiting a while for them to sell tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Have 30 bluerays to trade in aswel so hopefuly thats another 40

You'd probably bag a hefty six, or maybe even seven, euro for them in Gamestop... and that's not per disc either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

You should definitely take the blu rays to cex, you'll get pennies for them in Gamestop.

Ya i changed my mind bout bringin them to gamestop , wil just keep them f i dont get 2euro each in cex

Advertisement