Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iOS 8 problems? (5s)

• 19-09-2014 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

Installed iOS8 when it came out (48hrs ago?) and since it seems my iPhone 5s has 2 problems;
    It seems to "eat" data; 65mb since this morning with only light browsing (no video) and some news apps (with "load images" set to off while on cellular). No new apps installed. 65mb doesn't seem much, but I'm roaming on a 100mb daily limit (which I normally never reach).
    2nd problem is the battery is down to 4% (from full this morning @5am) phone has been on flightmode for at least 4hrs as well....
    Reset done (twice) background app refresh off. Can't restore as not near pc.
    Anyone? Did any settings change automatically with iOS 8?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It does sound like you need to do a restore. You could try the reset all content and settings options and don't bother with an iCloud restore if you're short on data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Was thinking that too, probably will do restore when I get back home.
    May have found reason for the data usage, seems icloud drive has "use mobile data" set on by default (fairly sure I had that off before) so documents and data were being transferred on 3G (may account for some battery usage too).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Today I've been having a strange problem...I can't make calls! As In, I'm going into contacts...into the person...pressing the number...then nothing happens. Restored phone and it fixes itself...but it's VERY buggy

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kittytwister

I have a problem also updated to ios 8 yesterday Sunday and nlw find I cannot access the internet or receive mails. Have reset the settings for cellular but it still does not work and it was working fine, couold get emails and internet using 3G when away from home. Tesco with whom I am with gave me details to log in but still not joy anyone out there in the same boat. Maybe should have left it as it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kittytwister

I have a problem also updated to ios 8 yesterday Sunday and now find I cannot access the internet or receive mails. Have reset the settings for cellular but it still does not work and it was working fine, couold get emails and internet using 3G when away from home. Tesco with whom I am with gave me details to log in but still no joy anyone out there in the same boat. Maybe should have left it as it was? Have also copied settings from my wife's phone but to no avail. Curious and furious!!

• Advertisement

I was having a few issues with iOS 8 on my 64GB 5S and just decided to downgrade back to 7.1.2 for the time being. It's still possible but may not be for much longer.

Advertisement