Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Chelsea, Sunday, k/o 4pm Sky Sports 1

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I changed my mind, I like Lampard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Wowsers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Go on Lawmps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

c'mon city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

You think Chelsea are down to 10 men they way they are playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Fu#k sake frank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

We're holding on now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Milner has been the best player on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

nealry so close to a 2nd there for super frank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Schurrle showing why he doesn't start, great goal but doesn't do half the work Willian does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Johner wrote: »
    Hazard is the best player in the league.

Gotta be consistent to be the best player in the league, Hazard goes missing for months at a time. Aguero for me, when he's fit, he scores.

4mins of squeakybum time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Early days yet, but it looks like Di Maria is the best player in the league. Matic is heavily underrated too.

close by drogs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

That's so sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Turtwig wrote: »
    Early days yet, but it looks like Di Maria is the best player in the league. Matic is heavily underrated too.

Ah here. If you're gonna go down that line then Costa and Costa only is the best player in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Based on what exactly. A decent 20 minutes against QPR.

Ill take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Delighted we got something from that as Chelsea didn't deserve three points at all. It's a shame though. We really should have won that. On another day we would have scored a few

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »

Nope, 3 very high quality games for Utd. His past seasons at Real Madrid, plus his recent form for Argentina. As long as he doesn't pull an Ozil. He'll be up there, if not there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

niallo27 wrote: »

Some people watch football outside the Premier League?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Fair result

bad2dabone wrote: »
    That's so sweet.

It is. Top of the league by 3 pts. I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Thought we deserved to win in the end, City didn't look dangerous enough.

Still a great result, Matic and Ivanovic were very good

Disappointed with Chelsea's negativity there. 10 minute City were temporarily unbalanced and they didn't go for the jugular. Very conservative play. A draw's good for them, but the win was there. They didn't deserve it though, but I'm surprised they didn't turn the screw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Somewhat disappointing to only get a point considering City were down to 10 but overall you have to say City were the better side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Width of a post undoes us robbed

Costa hitting the post a few mins before thetly scored was heart breaking. A draw at the etihad is good though.....unless youre stoke :pac:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    It is. Top of the league by 3 pts. I agree.

Yep fair play, think the title is going to Chelsea this season. Still loving the Frank. And there I was thinking I'd never celebrate a lampard goal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I'll accept that. Would have gladly taken a draw at the start to maintain the 5 point gap between us and City but, given how the game developed, can't help but feel disappointed. Schurrle offers so much menace going forward, certainly more than Willian, but much less defensively. Lampard hasn't looked so good in a couple of seasons.

5 points ahead of City, definitely could have been 8, I suspect Mourinho will be annoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Good result all round...

Takes the sting out of yesterday for us 'pool fans...

Yep fair play, think the title is going to Chelsea this season. Still loving the Frank. And there I was thinking I'd never celebrate a lampard goal!

Being top in september means feck all, weve a huge 3 games ahead of us. Arsenal liverpool utd in the next 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Typical, Lamps coming back to bite , happy with a draw though.

Being top in september means feck all, weve a huge 3 games ahead of us. Arsenal liverpool utd in the next 6.

I'd be certain arsenal will not be able to stop Chelsea.

We'd all have taken a draw at the start so not to disappointed.

We werent good enough apart from a few patches here and there. City deserved a point.

Anyway, nothings won in september so not getting ahead of myself at all.

I'd be certain arsenal will not be able to stop Chelsea.

Impossible to tell, yere our first game in that run so it eill set the tone for that run.

That is our hardest game out of the way undefeated and top. Disappointed not to have 100% still we deserved the win but slack marking for a few seconds.

That is our hardest game out of the way undefeated and top. Disappointed not to have 100% still we deserved the win but slack marking for a few seconds.

I think city deserved a point if im honest. A draw is grand though. We havent lost going into a very difficult period

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Disappointed with the draw, to be honest. I thought we deserved the win. More possession, more efforts on goal, more efforts on target, two penalties not given. Ah well; c'est la vie. I think Chelsea will win the title this season; they've been frightening up to today. Better than us so far this season, and streets ahead of everybody else in the league. I'd imagine they'll be happier with the draw than us, I'd imagine.

Both are decent sides far and away best teams in the PL anyway. Matic and Toure are demons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

would have taken a draw before a ball was kicked its only September

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Some people watch football outside the Premier League?

The post said the best player in the premier league though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Will be weird and interesting seeing Lampard line up against Chelsea if he starts, even more so if he scores.

Well this is awkward...

would have taken a draw before a ball was kicked its only September

Yup, even if either had won id have said the same.

Its only September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Disappointed with Chelsea's negativity there. 10 minute City were temporarily unbalanced and they didn't go for the jugular. Very conservative play. A draw's good for them, but the win was there. They didn't deserve it though, but I'm surprised they didn't turn the screw.
    You're joking, right? City fouled Chelsea every time they tried to play the ball out of their own area. Willian shipped an inordinate amount of fouls. City tried to impose their physicality. They didn't succeed.

McDave wrote: »
    You're joking, right? City fouled Chelsea every time they tried to play the ball out of their own area. Willian shipped an inordinate amount of fouls. City tried to impose their physicality. They didn't succeed.

Yea City are an awful side they would never play 11v10 in training. Sometimes the prospect of using park the bus or such like phase is too much temptation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement