Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6/6+ First Impressions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I payed £619 for my 6 64gb and am now on Tesco's €25 pm unlimited (10,000 any network and landline calls 10,000 any network texts 15GB data) 30 day plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

F34 wrote: »
    It warms up but nothing I'd be worried about tbh.

Ah maybe just noticed it coz I was using it outside of wifi today for the first time. Hopefully its normal.

On the subject of the thread - 16gb 6 space grey and I love it. Perfect size for me, 3gs was my first and i always preferred that shape as opposed to the 4/4s so nice to go back to similar. Upgrading from a 5 - it was a bonus to leave the dodgy battery behind which wasnt included in the recent apple program. Paid €150 for upgrade on vodafone on 55 pm plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

This post has been deleted.

Comparable to Vodafone. I live in Laois, so depending on the mast. Some places are faster. Some are slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lm01

How much did everyone pay for their iphone 6's?

64GB 6+ on Vodafone RED was €350 for the phone, €55pm. Unlimited calls and texts, 3GB data, 100 international mins and texts.

Ridiculous data allowance but most of the family are on Vodafone prepay so its easier for everyone if I stick with them and the coverage is solid enough. Internet speeds are pretty decent as well even on 3G.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

€149 meteor upgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

325 for 64gb 6+ 40pm on o2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

How much did everyone pay for their iphone 6's?

708 from Apple (after sterling exchange rate) -330 from sale of iPhone 5 worked out at 378.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

Are these new iPhones worth it?

I'm willing to sell an iPad Air and and Samsung Galaxy S4 just to get one!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    My brother is going to New York at the weekend, if he got me the iPhone 6 plus would it work back in Ireland? Also how much would I save?

Get the Sim free price in the USA, add 8.75% Sales Tax, convert to Euros, add 23% for VAT in Ireland if declaring it for Customs. Take that figure from the sim-free price on the Irish website. You'd need to check availability from T-Mobile as the queues were mental last week in all Apple Stores. If there is a problem you will have to send it back to the US for warranty repair.

Do a search you will find the same questions being asked repeatedly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

lm01 wrote: »
    64GB 6+ on Vodafone RED was €350 for the phone, €55pm. Unlimited calls and texts, 3GB data, 100 international mins and texts.

Ridiculous data allowance but most of the family are on Vodafone prepay so its easier for everyone if I stick with them and the coverage is solid enough. Internet speeds are pretty decent as well even on 3G.

Same price as me with VF - but I am on their Super Red Business package, their highest package @ €100 P/M. This gives me full world wide calling and roaming etc w/8GB of data. Would have hoped for better phone price..

The iPhone's are always very pricey on VF but when the new Note 4 comes out it will probably be about €150 and I got the SGS5 for €99.

Only have a few of our mobiles on this plan but basically it means we can call anywhere and roam fairly much anywhere too at all times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

6+ 64gb @ €249 on vodafone €75 p month , 10gb free text and calls , free sky sports and spotify ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

379 with O2 on a loyalty discount contract of 34 euro a month. Unlimited data

I Think I am on the same plan as you. Did you just upgrade online or instore or tru an agent?

I was told if I try to upgrade online I would lose my discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lm01

Same price as me with VF - but I am on their Super Red Business package, their highest package @ €100 P/M. This gives me full world wide calling and roaming etc w/8GB of data. Would have hoped for better phone price...

Do you have a daily roaming charge or is that all inclusive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

6+ 64gb @ €249 on vodafone €75 p month , 10gb free text and calls , free sky sports and spotify ;)

Any chance you could send me a link to that deal you got with vodafone, 75 euro for 10gb, with the 64gb plus for 250 euro?

I'm a vodafone customer and can't find that deal!

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

You are paying €75 a month (€1800 over a 24 month contract) and you really think your texts, calls , Sky Sports and Spotify are free?

A marketer's dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

murpho999 wrote: »
    You are paying €75 a month (€1800 over a 24 month contract) and you really think your texts, calls , Sky Sports and Spotify are free?

A marketer's dream.

€75 a month is crazy money to be spending on a phone contract - regardless of what comes free with it. My opinion of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

murpho999 wrote: »

A marketer's dream.

Plus 250 for the phone = €2050 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

lm01 wrote: »
    Do you have a daily roaming charge or is that all inclusive?

They now give a monthly allowance and then over that they charge a few € daily to give me all the plan minutes when roaming. Has been modified a few times since I first took it on. Main thing I want is to be able to call anywhere without worrying about extra charges and I have 1000 mins per month for that. UK unlimited is included too for calling to and roaming.

New phone every year too.. but at a price, especially on the iPhone 6's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Really can't make up my mind on the 6 or the 6 plus.
    Had a Note 3 from Christmas to the start of August and then switched back to the iPhone 5 for a couple of reasons:
    1: Thought it would be easier to carry around the 5 on holidays instead of the note (true in certain situations if short pockets were shallow)
    2: Much preferred using the IOS mail app with work email over the mail app on the Note 3
    3: Kind of preferred the way IOS worked (locking the device while son was watching videos, etc)

Any recommendations since some of you have them now for a couple of weeks?
    Will be going 128GB if the Vodafone site will ever allow me to get one on my bill upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Had a play around with both today and as a device I really liked the plus. My reality is that I would need to be able to just throw my phone in my back pocket as I'm still rocking tshirts where I am so no coats or hoodies or bags.
    The ordinary 6 would the size limit for me. As a loyal 4s user the lightness of these phones is impressive for what they are packing.

Anyone having issues with it dropping wi-fi and then being unable to see networks until restarted running 8.0.2 on it?

Ok so seems this wasnt a once again off and has now happened a number of times, only way to reconnect is to do a hard reset or switch off and then switch on the phone. I see its also been reported all over the apple forums etc. anyone else on here having same issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭needinghelp

fifi28 wrote: »
    Ok so seems this wasnt a once again off and has now happened a number of times, only way to reconnect is to do a hard reset or switch off and then switch on the phone. I see its also been reported all over the apple forums etc. anyone else on here having same issues?

Is this phone or latest iOS update issue??

It has done it a number of times to me today and I noticed when I woke up this morning it was an my network data instead of wi-fi so worried it's going to blow my data allowance now

Is this phone or latest iOS update issue??

I think it's an ios issue will be very pissed if it's a phone issue tbh.

I think it's an ios issue will be very pissed if it's a phone issue tbh.

The worrying thing is my oh is running the same ios on a 5 and we also have an ipad 2 and neither seem to be suffering from the issue!
    Hoping it is an iOS problem and that they will issue a fix asap - tho it seems the last 2 were rushed and caused the problems so who knows!!

The worrying thing is my oh is running the same ios on a 5 and we also have an ipad 2 and neither seem to be suffering from the issue!
    Hoping it is an iOS problem and that they will issue a fix asap - tho it seems the last 2 were rushed and caused the problems so who knows!!

Same here running a 5s and ipad3 and neither are having the issue. I know apple will send me a refurb if I send it back to them :(

Same here running a 5s and ipad3 and neither are having the issue. I know apple will send me a refurb if I send it back to them :(

Hoping it wont come to that! From reading all the reports of it they would be replacing a hell of a lot of phones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Just spotted a 128GB 6 Plus available this eve as upgrade so pulled the trigger. It's Gold but sure I'll get used to it. The Note 3 I had for most of this year was white.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

How is everyone else finding the battery life on the 6? I'm at 27 hours without a charge and still 38% left.

Really loving the phone so far!

Advertisement