Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6/6+ First Impressions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Facebook are really slow at getting stuff updated it seems. Still waiting on Instagram being updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

so this orientation prob seems to be common!!!

I also have an issidu since this 6+ on ios8 and viber

When iam in chat/messages the screen flickers/vibrates and cannot scroll up to start of chat

i ahve emailed viber and they have siad
    "Thank you for contacting Viber support.
    We are familiar with this issue and are currently investigating it."

i emailed them because they brought an update only a few days ago which didnt fix the issue!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

cramp wrote: »
    Anyone find orientation a bit slow to react or does not work sometimes on iphone 6 +

Yes definitely. Was actually gonna start a topic on this. Sometimes mine even freezes in the wrong orientation. Had issues with pics taken sideways as well and I always give it time to adjust if I change orientation.
    Have done a few resets, the last one seems to have sorted it, for now.
    Bluetooth doesn't seem great either, slow to connect to one Carkit and haven't been able to successfully connect it to idrive yet (f10 5series)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

So Facebook updated looks smart

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anybody having issues with trying to activate permanent caps?
    You know when you double tap the arrow button for caps. Mine done work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

I've just started having the WiFi issue with my 6. Twice tonight it dropped and wouldn't re-connect until after a reboot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

Come on Whatsapp!

whatsapp took an absolute age to update for ios7 flat design, they are incredibly slow to update their app, could be waiting :(

kceire wrote: »
    Anybody having issues with trying to activate permanent caps?
    You know when you double tap the arrow button for caps. Mine done work.

Settings->general->keyboard->enable caps lock?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've experienced a few freezing issues in the past couple of weeks. Non responsive home or sleep button. Always resolved with a full reboot (a wise habit anyway).

Also, though I'm not sure if I'm imagining it, my volume controls seem to be somewhat unpredictable. Both using the headset and without, I'm never sure if the volume is actually changing when on a call. They just seem unresponsive sometimes.

Hoping 8.1 is going to sort some sh*t out.

Oh, and the side-mounted sleep button is still a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Dades wrote: »
    I've experienced a few freezing issues in the past couple of weeks. Non responsive home or sleep button. Always resolved with a full reboot (a wise habit anyway).

Also, though I'm not sure if I'm imagining it, my volume controls seem to be somewhat unpredictable. Both using the headset and without, I'm never sure if the volume is actually changing when on a call. They just seem unresponsive sometimes.

Hoping 8.1 is going to sort some sh*t out.

Oh, and the side-mounted sleep button is still a disaster.

I have no issues with this.

I saw you wrote earlier that you keep confusing it with the camera function on the volume up button.

I don't understand how you confuse this as when you take a photo the volume button is on the right hand side but turn it around the sleep button is on the left. Do you know what I mean?

• Advertisement

flyguy wrote: »
    Settings->general->keyboard->enable caps lock?

Much appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Has anyone with the iPhone 6 had any issues with the lightning connector, mine keeps connecting/disconnecting when i move my phone when its connected to my macbook. So if I move the iPhone it opens iTunes and iPhoto again and starts to sync all over again. I've tried a couple of different lightning cables and it happens when plugged in the wall charger too, (makes the charging noise if moved).

If you ruled out the cable must the the connection. Tried other usb ports to rule that out?
    If it's not usb must be iPhone, check for dirt in port.
    After that I'd call apple...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

I'm talking to them on 'chat' now, looks like its going to be going back for service,
    thanks flyguy

I checked the deal with a replacement phone too, apparently the phone they send you was specifically made as a replacement phone, and is completely new, it just doesn't have the packaging etc. Can anyone confirm that this is the case,

also, the replacement is only if they can't fix mine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Kagawa wrote: »
    I'm talking to them on 'chat' now, looks like its going to be going back for service,
    thanks flyguy

I checked the deal with a replacement phone too, apparently the phone they send you was specifically made as a replacement phone, and is completely new, it just doesn't have the packaging etc. Can anyone confirm that this is the case,

also, the replacement is only if they can't fix mine...

You just send the phone back, keep the box and everything else. They fix it or replace it, you'll get back a phone that looks new if it is a replacement, but in a normal plain box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭finno

Kagawa wrote: »
    Has anyone with the iPhone 6 had any issues with the lightning connector, mine keeps connecting/disconnecting when i move my phone when its connected to my macbook. So if I move the iPhone it opens iTunes and iPhoto again and starts to sync all over again. I've tried a couple of different lightning cables and it happens when plugged in the wall charger too, (makes the charging noise if moved).

I had that problem before check the connector on the phone where you plug the lighting connector into there could be something in there as was with mine.
    i got a paper clip and pulled out a bit of dirt (fluf) and phone was grand again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Can't complain, nearly getting 2 full days of use on 6+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Do you guys all have the massive CE 0683 marking on the back of the 6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Enough having a few little problems with reactions, going into portrait mode, the keyboard not popping up, sometimes the WiFi not picked up, trying to copy and paste can be awkward and not picked up. Little things like that. An updated needed I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Jofspring wrote: »
    Enough having a few little problems with reactions, going into portrait mode, the keyboard not popping up, sometimes the WiFi not picked up, trying to copy and paste can be awkward and not picked up. Little things like that. An updated needed I imagine.

8.1 is out on Monday. Hopefully it will fix all this… and not introduce more bugs

• Advertisement

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Do you guys all have the massive CE 0683 marking on the back of the 6?

No...mine says CE 0682 ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Zcott wrote: »
    No...mine says CE 0682 ;-)

And is yours abnormally big?

Ask his girlfriend!

Ah well now I don't want to brag, but my shoes are pretty big...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

How are yere screens holding up, to get screen protector or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

ussjtrunks wrote: »

After a month my screen is a ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Finding the call volume very low on the Plus. At full volume it was still hard to hear in busy environments. Seems fine with hear aid mode switched on, so I'm guessing it's a software issue.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't understand how you confuse this as when you take a photo the volume button is on the right hand side but turn it around the sleep button is on the left. Do you know what I mean?
    The problem is in order to press either the volume up or the sleep button you need to grip the phone and the buttons are opposite each other. I guess everyone has their own way of holding the device but for me its a design flaw.

Dades wrote: »
    The problem is in order to press either the volume up or the sleep button you need to grip the phone and the buttons are opposite each other. I guess everyone has their own way of holding the device but for me its a design flaw.

I would have rather they keep the lock button on top too.
    So awkward to take a screen shot now!

• Advertisement

ussjtrunks wrote: »

No screen protector and no case, no scratches or dings so far.

Advertisement