Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6/6+ First Impressions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Got my 6 on Thursday, all good apart from Bluetooth which won't connect to anything.
    Replacement coming tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Finding the call volume very low on the Plus. At full volume it was still hard to hear in busy environments. Seems fine with hear aid mode switched on, so I'm guessing it's a software issue.

I agree 100%. Coming from Samsung galaxy note 3 i find the volume of a call from the earpiece very pow even at maximum. Struggling to hear a person when in a busy/crowded environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    I agree 100%. Coming from Samsung galaxy note 3 i find the volume of a call from the earpiece very pow even at maximum. Struggling to hear a person when in a busy/crowded environment.

It's way lower than a iPhone 5 i've just checked it against. Going to see what the wife's one is like in a bit. Seems to be fairly common issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Finding the call volume very low on the Plus. At full volume it was still hard to hear in busy environments. Seems fine with hear aid mode switched on, so I'm guessing it's a software issue.

Yeah same issue here on plus even the keyboard click sound is very low compared to wife 5s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Dades wrote: »
    The problem is in order to press either the volume up or the sleep button you need to grip the phone and the buttons are opposite each other. I guess everyone has their own way of holding the device but for me its a design flaw.

Rest your fingers thusly;

Thumb test by the power button.

Middle finger rest just below the volume down button.

Index finger rests behind the phone. Pointing to where the old location of the headphone jack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Putting a screen protector on such a gorgeous display is criminal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

mad muffin wrote: »
    Rest your fingers thusly;

Thumb test by the power button.

Middle finger rest just below the volume down button.

Index finger rests behind the phone. Pointing to where the old location of the headphone jack.
    All my one-handed phone operation is done with my left hand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Dades wrote: »
    All my one-handed phone operation is done with my left hand!

Ah… that is a bit of a pickle.

What kind of battery life have you been getting on the 6?

Here is mine after first full discharge. Died off around the 8 hour usage mark.

Wifi always on.
    Mostly Safari, Facebook, Texting.
    Email set to push.
    No Bluetooth and rarely have any location apps in use
    Screen brightness 50%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Been using the default podcasts app and it seems to drain the battery very fast.

30 minute podcast takes 10% battery

Is it just the apple app or are they all like this

Spotify & Snapchat need to push some new iPhone optimised updates soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭BMmeow

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Do you guys all have the massive CE 0683 marking on the back of the 6?

yep its horrible. seems to be on a lot of european ones

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭BMmeow

anyone having issues with bluetooth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

BMmeow wrote: »
    anyone having issues with bluetooth?

Tried AirDrop today and it wouldn't work. Couldn't see other phones and they couldn't see mine.
    Had read there's a Bluetooth bug but thought it only related to connecting hands free devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

ShaneU wrote: »
    Been using the default podcasts app and it seems to drain the battery very fast.

30 minute podcast takes 10% battery

Is it just the apple app or are they all like this

Wow I have the complete opposite experience. I listen to off the ball ball podcast most mornings on the way to work. And do far when I finish my 50 minute drive the battery had still been on 100% when I got to work. This is using it connected by Bluetooth to my parrot hands free. It's a 6 plus.
    I thought it was an error and the battery hadn't settled but a week on and it's still the same after a number of power cycles.
    Very happy.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Tried AirDrop today and it wouldn't work. Couldn't see other phones and they couldn't see mine.
    Had read there's a Bluetooth bug but thought it only related to connecting hands free devices.

AirDrop fine for me, to other ios8 devices anyway.

Having problems with bluetooth connection to my parrot car kit. It works now after resetting all setting on both the phone and kit but from what Ive read it will stop working again and will have to be reset again which is annoying as it erases loads of settings.

Parrot are saying its an iPhone 6 issue and apple will need to modify something in the bluetooth as its something they have done differently with the 6 thats causing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I was using BT stereo headphones with my 5S on ios7-8.0.2, no issues. With the 6 Plus, the headphone just randomly get disconnected, sometimes after an hour, sometimes after 10 mins. Luckily, I just have to hit play on the headset and they will reconnect. But, would obviously prefer if they didn't disconnect for no reason. Supposedly 8.1 fixes the bluetooth issues. Here's hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Having problems with bluetooth connection to my parrot car kit.

Same here with the parrot Mki9100/92100, will connect but after non use won't re-connect automatically.
    As I said before it haven't been able to connect it to BMW idrive Bluetooth at all... 6+ as well, 5s worked fine on both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

BT issues should be fixed - update to iOS 8.1

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ParaDara

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    When can the 6 be ordered from apple here and how long would the delivery time be?

Ordered iPhone 6+ from Apple on 26th September and received on 10th October.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Col_30

Got my iphone 6 space grey this morning from eMobile. Ordered it yesterday at lunch time from their call centre. Great service. I must say I am very impressed with the phone so far. It's a huge step up in build quality from my old iPhone 5. The battery is amazing compared to iPhone 5 also (would not be hard!). The size will take a bit of getting used to. Just need to pick the right case for it now. It definitely needs a case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Col_30 wrote: »
    Got my iphone 6 space grey this morning from eMobile. Ordered it yesterday at lunch time from their call centre. Great service. I must say I am very impressed with the phone so far. It's a huge step up in build quality from my old iPhone 5. The battery is amazing compared to iPhone 5 also (would not be hard!). The size will take a bit of getting used to. Just need to pick the right case for it now. It definitely needs a case.

Bit early to comment on the battery, no?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have an iPhone 5 and an iPad 3.

For the 6+ owners, you think the device is a good go-between - I could sell both and buy the 6+!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Col_30

jenno86 wrote: »
    Bit early to comment on the battery, no?

I've been using it non-stop since about 10:30 and only used 20%, so no.
    I'm really comparing to my 5. The battery was terrible, I had to charge it twice per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lm01

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have an iPhone 5 and an iPad 3.

For the 6+ owners, you think the device is a good go-between - I could sell both and buy the 6+!

Probably not but it depends on what you use the iPad for. The screen on the 6+ is great but I would prefer the bigger one for movies and there are quite a few apps and games that are iPad only and won't run on the iPhone no matter what size it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I got my 6 on the Saturday after launch in Belfast and still can't put it down. I thought the 6+ was huge but now I'm thinking I should've bought the + instead! At times the 6 seems the size of the 5 in my hands. Weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

I'm upgrading from the iPhone 4S, is there a noticeable difference on the camera considering it's still only 8MP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

The camera is night and day from the 5S so, yes.

Advertisement