Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6/6+ First Impressions

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I'm upgrading from the iPhone 4S, is there a noticeable difference on the camera considering it's still only 8MP?

MP doesn't make a picture, you can have all the MP in the worlds, but if the sensor is sh1t then it don't matter. But yah, the camera should be way better :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

I'm upgrading from the iPhone 4S, is there a noticeable difference on the camera considering it's still only 8MP?

Yup, it's a fair bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lm01

Went from a 4S to a 6+ and the difference was incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The 100mb download limit is really annoying. Is there anyway round this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

The 100mb download limit is really annoying. Is there anyway round this.

Not without jail breaking, unfortunately. At least it's gone up from the original of I think 20mb...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

What download limit is this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Dades wrote: »
    What download limit is this?

From the App Store if not on WiFi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Had my hands on the 6 for an evening and to be honest wouldn't dream of swopping my 5s for it, the size and lightness of it really put me off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

rodento wrote: »
    Had my hands on the 6 for an evening and to be honest wouldn't dream of swopping my 5s for it, the size and lightness of it really put me off

It's heavier than the 5s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

FourFourFM wrote: »
    It's heavier than the 5s
    Sorry your right but it feels lighter or more flimsy than the 5s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

naasrd wrote: »
    I got my 6 on the Saturday after launch in Belfast and still can't put it down. I thought the 6+ was huge but now I'm thinking I should've bought the + instead! At times the 6 seems the size of the 5 in my hands. Weird

I went for 6plus just in case I did regret getting a 6!!!

I have got so used to the size of the 6plus that I don't think its too large at all, fits in all my pockets,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

cramp wrote: »
    I went for 6plus just in case I did regret getting a 6!!!

I have got so used to the size of the 6plus that I don't think its too large at all, fits in all my pockets,

I fully agree.I've had the 6+ now for nearly two weeks and I'm fully adjusted to the size.I only notice when someone is using a for example 5s in my proximity:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Got my iphone 6 64gb gold and case setup now :)

Overall very happy with it cant really think of any downsides to the device

+ Gold Is Awesome
    + Reception on 3 is much better than my nokia on O2
    + Device is very fast compared to my ipod 4g
    + Screen Is amazing rivals any oled screen I've seen
    + Bigger size is great, plus was too big for me the 6 is just right
    + 6 rows of apps is godly
    + Battery Life seems very good so far
    + Wifi performance is better than my ipad & ipod
    + Doesnt seem to get hot under gaming like my ipod did though the case might be disapating it

- Touch Id doesnt work to authorise updates

The Spigen Ultra Hybrid Case is perfect for the gold model it gives great protection and allows you to see the awesome design aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Got my iphone 6 64gb gold and case setup now :)

Overall very happy with it cant really think of any downsides to the device

+ Gold Is Awesome
    + Reception on 3 is much better than my nokia on O2
    + Device is very fast compared to my ipod 4g
    + Screen Is amazing rivals any oled screen I've seen
    + Bigger size is great, plus was too big for me the 6 is just right
    + 6 rows of apps is godly
    + Battery Life seems very good so far
    + Wifi performance is better than my ipad & ipod
    + Doesnt seem to get hot under gaming like my ipod did though the case might be disapating it

- Touch Id doesnt work to authorise updates

The Spigen Ultra Hybrid Case is perfect for the gold model it gives great protection and allows you to see the awesome design aswell

Something not right there.

Do you not have auto update set up? So that they go automatically? I couldn't be bothered authorising updates? That came in iOS7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

murpho999 wrote: »
    Something not right there.

Do you not have auto update set up? So that they go automatically? I couldn't be bothered authorising updates? That came in iOS7.

I had the same, default iTunes purchase setting (require password after 15min) means no password is required for updates. If you change this to require immediately all of a sudden updates require password as well but it won't accept touchID then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

flyguy wrote: »
    I had the same, default iTunes purchase setting (require password after 15min) means no password is required for updates. If you change this to require immediately all of a sudden updates require password as well but it won't accept touchID then.
    ah ok may need to look at the settings :) when i went to update the OS it asked for my passcode like on the lock screen but wouldnt accept touch id instead which was odd, only a tiny thing anyway overall very happy with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

How is the battery life on iPhone 6, do you get a full days usage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

How is the battery life on iPhone 6, do you get a full days usage?

With mid-heavy use I get 1 day. But usually left with 20-30% at the end of the day with light usage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

DubDJ wrote: »
    With mid-heavy use I get 1 day. But usually left with 20-30% at the end of the day with light usage.

Would the 6+ make a big difference in terms of battery life?

Would the 6+ make a big difference in terms of battery life?

Yeah definitely, a lot of people claiming to get 2 days battery with light usage, 1.5 days with heavy. It's definately a big difference though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

DubDJ wrote: »

Sounds like something is eating your battery life. I've gotten 2 days out of my 6 with light usage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Also getting 2 days with light usage.

Delighted, so much better than the 4s.

Just wondering if it deterioates over time like other iPhones I have had.

I usually have everything turned on. Wifi, Bluetooth, gps, location services, background app refresh. But I'm happy with battery life, usually get 1.5 days without a charge so that's still impressive stuff with light usage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Ordering the 64GB 6 this morning through work plan.....silver or space.....silver or space.....silver or space!!!!!!! I dont know :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

My last phone and iPad were both White for iOS 7, but I've jumped ship back to black. I think it just looks better...

dodzy wrote: »
    Ordering the 64GB 6 this morning through work plan.....silver or space.....silver or space.....silver or space!!!!!!! I dont know :confused:

Get silver I had the same decision to make always had black iPhones and went for silver/white this time. Very pleased with the decision it looks so good in this colour and the space grey looks a little plain now when I see one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Get silver I had the same decision to make always had black iPhones and went for silver/white this time. Very pleased with the decision it looks so good in this colour and the space grey looks a little plain now when I see one.

I hear ya, but i'm definitely gonna case it, and white covers..... for a guy.... hmmmm...dunno !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It's funny, I have the opposite opinion. :D

I had a silver 5s and got the space grey 6. Looking at the 5s makes me think the silver looks plain. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

dodzy wrote: »
    I hear ya, but i'm definitely gonna case it, and white covers..... for a guy.... hmmmm...dunno !

I used a clear Spigen Ultra hybrid Case on my white/silver 6 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Is the BMW bluetooth issue resolved with the latest patch of IOS ?

Advertisement