Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6/6+ First Impressions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Got it working on mine. Both parrot 9100 and bmw idrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

dodzy wrote: »
    I hear ya, but i'm definitely gonna case it, and white covers..... for a guy.... hmmmm...dunno !

Alpha males make white covers work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 alex69

For me.Iphone 6 is the best phone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

s8n wrote: »
    Is the BMW bluetooth issue resolved with the latest patch of IOS ?

It has worked perfectly on my E60 since the 6 was released. What was your issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Is the loose screen on the 6 a common issue ?
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=iphone+6+loose+screen

• Advertisement

Flaccus wrote: »

2 phones in our house. Both fine. I've heard about it though, only on the Internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Currently having a problem with the Facebook app on my iPhone 6 plus. When I post something onto Facebook it normal always would automatically post the location "near XXXXXXXX" on the post. Now since I've switched from iPhone 4s to the 6 this has happened. I checked my location setting and facebook is set to use location and the share my location is also enabled. I tried deleting the app and re-installing it and changing the location setting on and off and still not posting the location. Any help on this would be appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

No. The first I've heard of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Not having go at you Flaccus but I don't get these videos.

Millions of iPhones sold and sometimes things go wrong with manufacturing but does not mean it's a bad product or common place throughout the whole product line.

Apple would replace something like that straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

murpho999 wrote: »
    Not having go at you Flaccus but I don't get these videos.

Millions of iPhones sold and sometimes things go wrong with manufacturing but does not mean it's a bad product or common place throughout the whole product line.

Apple would replace something like that straight away.

That's good to know as I am thinking of moving from android and considering the 6. The last premium phone I had was a HTC One m8 and that had the loose volume rocker and a camera cover which scratched. A lot of people had this issue. I'm sure iphones have their own issues which crop up, like the clicking screen. I posted on here to see how common it it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Can anyone recommend a good quality iPhone 6+ case that doesn't make the phone bulky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Can anyone recommend a good quality iPhone 6+ case that doesn't make the phone bulky.

The genuine Apple leather one fits great, as you would expect, and adds very little to the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Got the 128 GB iPhone 6 yesterday.

I thought the protruding camera and antenna lines would bother me, but they're a non-issue.

The phone is nice, but the iOS 8 bugs are really annoying. So many things don't work properly. And I cannot figure out how to get the iCloud Drive to work. I've copied books there but they aren't appearing in iBooks.

The phone is slightly too large for my hand (I have to shuffle a bit sometimes) - I never had this problem with the 4S. And I do feel like my chances of dropping this phone are much higher (due to it not really fitting in the hand snugly), but I hope I get used to it.

Battery life seems to be roughly the same as the 4S.

I know discussion on this has died down but has anyone noticed their 6 bending slightly?

I was cleaning the case there and when I left the phone down with out the case on the table I noticed it wasn't sitting flush to the table and was able to "rock" back and forth. Looking side on it does appear to have bent slightly :(?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

The camera protrudes...

miralize wrote: »
    The camera protrudes...

Screen down or leaving a ruler across one side its not flush with the phone

Its slight and not like a lot of the pics online but it does appear to be slightly bent and confirmed by a second set of eyes here at work.

If its gets no worse its not that much of a deal but if it bends more it will become quite noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭laurenhiggins

I think once again this product was over-hyped like a lot of Apple products. None of there devices are value for money in my opinion and they ain't even close . I wonder were the price of €999 for the 128gb iPhone 6+ came from. I do like Apple but am always left staggered by there prices.

I think once again this product was over-hyped like a lot of Apple products. None of there devices are value for money in my opinion and they ain't even close . I wonder were the price of €999 for the 128gb iPhone 6+ came from. I do like Apple but am always left staggered by there prices.

Like for like prices are the same as the Galaxy S5 etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

kceire wrote: »
    Like for like prices are the same as the Galaxy S5 etc etc

Exactly. And what do you get for your money?

iPhone - Sapphire covered Touch ID button

S5 - imitation Touch ID button that is universally derided

iPhone - iOS 8

S5 - touch wiz that is universally derided

iPhone - metal body

S5 - plastic body which is universally derided…

You can see where I'm going here. Compared to the 5S the new iPhone are practically a steal. Plus, your iPhone will hold its value the 5S? Not so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

mad muffin wrote: »

5S - imitation Touch ID button that is universally derided

iPhone - iOS 8

5S - touch wiz that is universally derided

iPhone - metal body

5S - plastic body which is universally derided…

You can see where I'm going here. Compared to the 5S the new iPhone are practically a steal. Plus, your iPhone will hold its value the 5S? Not so much.

You could have a case of dyslexia there :D

• Advertisement

DubDJ wrote: »
    You could have a case of dyslexia there :D

Oh… I think you might be right :eek::o

*hastily fixes post*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

S5 - imitation Touch ID button that is universally derided

iPhone - iOS 8

S5 - touch wiz that is universally derided

iPhone - metal body

S5 - plastic body which is universally derided…

Please don't make it into a S5 versus 6/6+ thread....

jca wrote: »
    Please don't make it into a S5 versus 6/6+ thread....

It was a price comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

It was a price comparison.

I understand that but that's how it spirals out of control.

jca wrote: »
    I understand that but that's how it spirals out of control.

I'm sure we're all mature adults here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Noticing my home button to be a slight bit loose now after just over a week having the phone.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Noticing my home button to be a slight bit loose now after just over a week having the phone.

In what way? I've had my 6 for over a month now. Just lightly thumbed it in all directions and there's no movement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

In what way? I've had my 6 for over a month now. Just lightly thumbed it in all directions and there's no movement.

It's intermittent but sometimes you go to press it and you feel like it's moving ever so slightly. Had it with the 5s too and they replaced it no problem. It's a minor thing but something I notice a lot since before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

I do like Apple but am always left staggered by there prices.

Why? Production can't keep up with demand, so if anything they're underpriced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Is anyone having issues with logging into xbox music app?

Advertisement