Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6/6+ First Impressions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I upgraded from a 5 to a 6 about two weeks ago and I love it.

It's a huge step up from the 5. For me, the size is perfect. Fits nicely in my hand, not too big - not too small. The battery life is fantastic as opposed to my 5 which was absolutely dire. I'm easily getting two days usage out of a charge. The standout feature is the camera, it takes some wonderful shots, especially in low light and the slow-mo feature is very cool.

Thankfully I have had no hardware issues like some on this thread. I sent back 3 iPhone 5's as they were defective so I'm delighted I didn't have any problems with the 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

jca wrote: »
    My son has one and he loves it. I like it myself tbh. How much are you looking for it? Is it locked to a network?

I have it advertised for €835, I bought it straight from Apple so it is sim free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Anyone have a 6 plus and not use a screen protector on it? hows it holding up?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Simply Red wrote: »
    Anyone have a 6 plus and not use a screen protector on it? hows it holding up?

I've had a 6 plus since day one. No case, no screen protector. No scratches front or back. Not even the slightest bend. It lives alone in my pocket though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

my 6+ 64gb is on it's way at last...

Have been using an iPhone 5 for about 6 months so I'm looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I love my iphone 6 plus. I had the case bought for it before the phone arrived.
    Last phone I bought was the iphone 4s and the day I bought it had it in a protective case which was good, it fell out of my shirt pocket unknown to me while doing farm work, I drove the tractor over it unknowingly. So I got someone to ring the number and found it, the ground was muddy and the tractor pressed it into the ground, but it worked fine just scratches on the protective case.

Finding the iPhone 6 plus is a great phone. I love the size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Got my sister's 6 plus for her yesterday. It looks amazing. The screen resolution is awesome - she's big into her photos and loves it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Thinking to myself, aloud, if I go down the 6+ road am I going to have to change my wardrobe and or clothing ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Twelve south just released the bookbook case for the iPhone 6/6+.
    Have ordered one so will post back with a review.
    From looking at it they're definitely heard some of the complaints from the last one and now it's actually 2 cases in one. The slim case clicks into the wallet so no more wearing the tabs away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

I have a brand new Spigen tough armor case for the iPhone 6 which I won in a competition that I do not want. New in box.

Anyone want it for a tenner + postage? Satin Silver in colour. Shoot me a PM.

Same as this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-iPhone-Series-Silver-SGP10971-Tough-Armor-Satin/dp/B00JH88NHI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419017560&sr=8-1&keywords=satin+silver+spigen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Finally got my 6plus. Jailbroken at last. The phone seems limitless! Some amazing features. Much better than my old iPhone 5.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Finally got my replacement 6 back, switching back from the plus and it seems tiny and delicate in comparison. Have to say I think the plus is great for actual static use, the 6 is much better for carrying in your pocket, using when walking, using for calls. Will be sticking with the 6 and getting rid of the plus I think..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I'm very tempted by the iPhone 6 but the front facing camera misalignment issue is giving me pause. I took a spin around the shops today pawing at them and found one on display that had the issue. So I'm wondering how common it is. So far there have been no complaints of issues with image quality but it would be a pain to get one and have it happen.

Have many here had that issue with their phones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

I have a 6.

Like a lot of people, when I pick up a 5 or 4 now, I can't believe how small the screen is. I thought I would dislike the larger screen but it feels very natural now.

It makes me wonder would I get used to the 6+ screen size too!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hrududu wrote: »
    Have many here had that issue with their phones?
    Have the odd camera placement but it has no effect on the functionality. Ignoring it happily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I have the issue but my wife's phone doesn't and it's from a new batch I think. I'm tempted to get a replacement because it's all I can see now...

~Turns out I have it and never noticed it from taking pics..
    oh well..must send it back to Apple :), only because I had a faint scratch on the bottom of the glass..only ever notice it on white backgrounds.
    Even better I have the applecare+ so I won't even be without a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Blazer wrote: »
    ~Turns out I have it and never noticed it from taking pics..
    oh well..must send it back to Apple :), only because I had a faint scratch on the bottom of the glass..only ever notice it on white backgrounds.
    Even better I have the applecare+ so I won't even be without a phone.

what does this misalignment look like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Joziburg wrote: »
    what does this misalignment look like?
    There are some pictures here:
    http://uk.businessinsider.com/crescentgate-problem-with-the-iphone-6-selfie-camera-2014-12?r=US

Interestingly I've only seen this on black phones. Might be just coincidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Is the misaligned camera a big deal? I've noticed it on my 6 but don't know whether I'd go to the bother of repairing it. If it's not damaged or having any effect on the camera is it really a problem?

• Advertisement

Hrududu wrote: »
    There are some pictures here:
    http://uk.businessinsider.com/crescentgate-problem-with-the-iphone-6-selfie-camera-2014-12?r=US

Interestingly I've only seen this on black phones. Might be just coincidence.

mine is the white one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

DubDJ wrote: »
    Is the misaligned camera a big deal? I've noticed it on my 6 but don't know whether I'd go to the bother of repairing it. If it's not damaged or having any effect on the camera is it really a problem?

It might affect the value of it when you go to resell it or it might be harder to sell :o

I'm down at the Apple Store now and asked them about my front facing camera looking misaligned. The genius said he'd never seen that issue before but instead of offering a replacement phone he offered to replace the display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Zcott wrote: »
    I'm down at the Apple Store now and asked them about my front facing camera looking misaligned. The genius said he'd never seen that issue before but instead of offering a replacement phone he offered to replace the display.

I've had my display replaced twice because of it. And looking at it again now it looks like it's moved again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I usually keep my phone for a year. Mine is shifting already after 2 months. Camera still works ok. I won't bother with it until the warranty is nearly up before i sell on. I'm not too worried about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Hi
    Could you recommend a good reasonable priced car holder (vent, focus) for iphone6 with otterbox ?

Kenu Airframe. I lost mine and didn't even bother looking for a different kind; straight onto Amazon for a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Zcott wrote: »
    Kenu Airframe. I lost mine and didn't even bother looking for a different kind; straight onto Amazon for a new one.
    Thanks a mil zcott, I ordered one from Amazon (the phone is to arrive next week!)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Have the 6 Plus a week now and must say I am truly impressed!

Last iPhone I had was a 3GS (had an iPad too and still have Apple TV) so was familiar with the Apple ecosystem before I moved to Android (HTC One x, HTC One (M7) and the Oneplus One).

Reason I changed was for the camera - expecting our first child next month and wanted something which would document the first couple of years in style. Have to say I am not dissapointed. Coming from large phones anyway the size of the 6 Plus is something I am comfortable with but the finish, both exterior and interior has surprised me. I would highly recommend getting a cover for it though - it's like holding ice in your hand at times!

All in all very happy with my move - biggest problem is not brining over old SMS's and stuff like that. Battery life is comparable to the Oneplus One but not as good. Neither does it charge as fast. But for me the camera was the thing and the 6 Plus tramples all over the Oneplus there (But it should given the price difference!!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Mr. TTime wrote: »
    Battery life is comparable to the Oneplus One but not as good. Neither does it charge as fast. But for me the camera was the thing and the 6 Plus tramples all over the Oneplus there (But it should given the price difference!!).

afaik the iPhone 6&6+ can be fast charged. The supplied charger however does not support this. If you use your iPad charger you'll find it will fast-charge (as long as it's not a ipad mini charger which is same as iPhone). You could also just buy a 2.1mA USB plug.

Advertisement