Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6/6+ First Impressions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

BDJW wrote: »
    Delivery doesn't take too long. I ordered one tonight and expected delivery is Thursday

If he orders on up until around 2pm today he will prob have it tomorrow as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Iconnect on Henry Street sell unlocked iPhone 6 I think give them a bell.

http://i-connect.ie

What's the advantage of doing it this way rather than from Apple?

Thanks.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Dinarius wrote: »
    What's the advantage of doing it this way rather than from Apple?

Thanks.

D.

Only that you don't have to wait on it to be delivered you can buy in store.

Only that you don't have to wait on it to be delivered you can buy in store.

Thank you.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I bought an iPhone 6 this week. Started using it last night. I had my iPhone 5 for 2 years previous to this and I'm absolutely delighted with the new phone. Even after 12 hours of use, there is no way I could go back! I absolutely love the screen (and that's even with a screen protector on it). It's so snappy compared to the 5. I definitely made the right choice :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

BDJW wrote: »
    I bought an iPhone 6 this week. Started using it last night. I had my iPhone 5 for 2 years previous to this and I'm absolutely delighted with the new phone. Even after 12 hours of use, there is no way I could go back! I absolutely love the screen (and that's even with a screen protector on it). It's so snappy compared to the 5. I definitely made the right choice :D

Nice one, I just found out that I´m getting an iPhone 6 for free from work ... so looking forward to trying it out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I could get the iphone 6 now but can't convince myself to buy it. I keep telling myself my iphone4 is fine.

What is the camera like on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    I could get the iphone 6 now but can't convince myself to buy it. I keep telling myself my iphone4 is fine.

Lets just say. Your iPhone is an MX5 and the 6 is a Ferrari.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

The iPhone 4 is rubbish compared to the 5-5s never mind the 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Would it be worth waiting out for the next model at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Not really, unless you are interested in a 4-inch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Not really. It's halfway through the lifecycle, so not as if the next model is right around the corner, but the 6s looks like it's only set to get force touch and the usual 's' camera and speed upgrades. Grand upgrades to an already solid phone. I'd say if you want the 6, just make the jump now.

I'll be upgrading in September to replace my 5s, though I'm hoping I can trudge on until the iPhone 7. Being on the s cycle is anticlimactic to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭xabi

Id wait fot the 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

xabi wrote: »
    Id wait fot the 8

Surely the 8s would be the one to hold out for :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Bought an iPhone 6 directly from Apple on launch day and got the apple care + for it...love it but kinda wondering about the 6+.
    I'm eligible for an upgrade on 3 which I was skipping but the missus's iPhone 5 is now actually up so I'm wondering should I give her the 6 and get the 6+ for myself. hmm decisions decisions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Davexirl

How's everyone's battery holding up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Great here. All day without much bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Strong. Like bull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Davexirl wrote: »
    How's everyone's battery holding up?

I got 49 hours out of mine.

Was using it during that time for email, Facebook, WhatsApp, twitter, safari browsing, some Spotify and some YouTube watching!

Not a gamer.

Delighted with the battery. So glad I went for iPhone 6 plus.

Regards,
    BobbyT28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    I got 49 hours out of mine.

Was using it during that time for email, Facebook, WhatsApp, twitter, safari browsing, some Spotify and some YouTube watching!

Not a gamer.

Delighted with the battery. So glad I went for iPhone 6 plus.

Regards,
    BobbyT28

Just to add to this,

Did a 45 minute run this morning with endmondo and Spotify running. Used 2% ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Battery life still great on the 6 as well, I can get two full days with light use, a day and a half with normal and a full day if I use it a lot with stuff like gaming etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Anyone have the half moon front camera thing going on....almost certain it wasn't there before and appeared today. Now I can't keep my eyes from it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Joziburg wrote: »
    Anyone have the half moon front camera thing going on....almost certain it wasn't there before and appeared today. Now I can't keep my eyes from it :/

Best disable that, it's do not disturb mode you will find your contacts won't be able to reach you its like silent mode .. scroll up from bottom of screen you should have a toggle to disable this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Best disable that, it's do not disturb mode you will find your contacts won't be able to reach you its like silent mode .. scroll up from bottom of screen you should have a toggle to disable this

No, this is different. On black models the grey insert that keeps the camera in place moves over the camera, creating a crescent effect. Apple replaced the screen on my iPhone 6 twice with this and they didn't even hesitate. Give them a call and they might offer to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BandofBrothers

I chose the  iphone 6 Plus because of its screen size as I use the Internet heavily and for its larger battery capacity.

Purchased sim free from my local  store after trying out both iPhone 6 models.

Moving from the iPhone 5s the iPhone 6 didn't bring much in way of larger screen albeit it does have more under the hood than the 5s.

I also like the keyboard layout on the 6 plus when turned to Landscape Mode.

Very happy with my 6+ 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Joziburg wrote: »
    Mine is there awhile. I will be sending it back before warranty is up. Just need my phone at the moment.
    Do we still have to pay for a replacement phone if you don't opt for the repair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I bailed out of buying a 6.

After a long think, I figured my biggest crib with the 4S was battery life. So, I bought one of these.....

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/H9439ZM/A/mophie-juice-pack-plus-battery-case-for-iphone-4s4

It arrived yesterday. Truly gorgeous piece of kit. Exquisite design and functionality - wouldn't surprise me if Mophie have won design awards.

It's also a lot cheaper than the €1000 128Gb 6Plus that I would buy - though I can fully understand why those of you who bought one have done so. I just can't justify it right now - and I'd get the VAT back, so it would cost a little over €800.

With what I've saved, I've also bought a pair of these...

http://www.bowers-wilkins.net/Headphones/Headphones/Headphones/P7.html

They will blow your mind. Transforms both music and radio on the iPhone.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Dinarius wrote: »
    I bailed out of buying a 6.

After a long think, I figured my biggest crib with the 4S was battery life. So, I bought one of these.....

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/H9439ZM/A/mophie-juice-pack-plus-battery-case-for-iphone-4s4

It arrived yesterday. Truly gorgeous piece of kit. Exquisite design and functionality - wouldn't surprise me if Mophie have won design awards.

It's also a lot cheaper than the €1000 128Gb 6Plus that I would buy - though I can fully understand why those of you who bought one have done so. I just can't justify it right now - and I'd get the VAT back, so it would cost a little over €800.

With what I've saved, I've also bought a pair of these...

http://www.bowers-wilkins.net/Headphones/Headphones/Headphones/P7.html

They will blow your mind. Transforms both music and radio on the iPhone.

D.

Those headphones look pure class, where did you buy them and dare I ask but how much did they cost?

• Advertisement

jca wrote: »
    Those headphones look pure class, where did you buy them and dare I ask but how much did they cost?

Got them from Cloney's in Blackrock, Dublin. List is €399. I haggled - I always do, so I saved a few €. They are truly astonishing. I tried 7 pairs there - the P7s left all of them in their wake. A nice touch is that unlike most headphones, they come with a short 1m cable, with volume control and iPhone mic, for walkabout. Of course they also come with a second long cable for home use.

Also, it is really worth asking what a replacement cable costs for a pair of phones before you buy them. For some it can cost up to €80 plus. For the P7 it's €18. A point worth noting coz you will need one at some stage.

If you're in Dublin, go to the Cloney concession in Tower Records on Dawson Street. You can try the P7 there along with a few others, including the P5 as well as a few Sennheisers.

I recommend that you set the equalizer in your iPhone (if that's what you have) to Flat.

Happy listening! ;)

D.

Advertisement