Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity pay

Options
  • 19-09-2014 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Can anyone tell me if I will get my lone parents back dated I got a letter to say I've been awarded it from the 1st may however I was gettin maternity pay so I don't think it gets back dated??? Just don't understand why they said from 1st may

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

When was your baby born and when did you apply? You might be entitled to half rate Opfp but I'm not 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ncj

January wrote: »
    When was your baby born and when did you apply? You might be entitled to half rate Opfp but I'm not 100%

He was born the 1st may I applies start July but on the letter it says I'm awarded it from 1st may thanks for getting back 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭FTroydon

Ncj wrote: »
    He was born the 1st may I applies start July but on the letter it says I'm awarded it from 1st may thanks for getting back 😊

Surely you can't claim lone parents for before 1st May if you only became a parent on 1st May?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ncj

FTroydon wrote: »
    Surely you can't claim lone parents for before 1st May if you only became a parent on 1st May?

No I put the claim on July but I receive a letter to say I was awarded it from 1st may maybe they got it wrong I don't know I'll have just wait and see

Advertisement