Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish heads & bones?

Options
  • 19-09-2014 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭

Wanna make some fish stock from scratch at the weekend so I need to find a few kilos of fish heads and bones. I'm living in Finglas and tried the fishmongers inside Supervalue and also Connolly fishmongers nearby too, no joy as neither place fillet fish on the premises, its just delivered already cut. So I know I'll get what I need in Howth but am wondering if anyone knows of a traditional fishmonger closer to the Finglas area who would have what I need. Failing that its town I'll go, the Moore St fish stalls seem to be sporadic some days but is there also a fishmonger shop along the street somewhere?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Kish fish Smithfield? I don't know they do it. But they are a proper fish monger so I imagine they might

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

will try there. Dont suppose there is a fishmongers in Phibsboro or Glasnevin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Wanna make some fish stock from scratch at the weekend so I need to find a few kilos of fish heads and bones. I'm living in Finglas and tried the fishmongers inside Supervalue and also Connolly fishmongers nearby too, no joy as neither place fillet fish on the premises, its just delivered already cut. So I know I'll get what I need in Howth but am wondering if anyone knows of a traditional fishmonger closer to the Finglas area who would have what I need. Failing that its town I'll go, the Moore St fish stalls seem to be sporadic some days but is there also a fishmonger shop along the street somewhere?

Not been in a while, but the Asian shop at 59 Capel Street used to sell Salmon head, at least they did last time i was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

There is a fishmonger on Dowth Avenue in Cabra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

There is also a fish monger at the shops on the Cabra Road You could give them a ring before travelling ; http://www.mffreshfish.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

There is/was? a fishmonger's on Phibsborough Rd, on the left about 100m past NCR when heading for the quays.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

The shop on the New Cabra Rd and Phibsborough Rd are closed a few months now

Advertisement