Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

amps for busking-any advice?

• 19-09-2014 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi everyone,
    Did any of you ever use the "Thin" busking Amp? It is on sale in county Mayo for
    €179 new....nice and light, easy to transport. It is 10 W.
    I sing my own songs on a semi-acoustic steel string and wonder if this amp would be powerful enough.

I am after something that is not too heavy to be dragging around, with good sound quality and for €200 or less if possible. I think buying something new is a good idea, but would like to hear your advice on buying second hand, or safe sites to buy from.

any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭themountainman

People seem to love those Roland Cube amps for busking so maybe one of those. Come in 15 and 30 watts. Even Seasick Steve uses one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,371 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Best amp for busking = no amp. They're bloody annoying. They impose a performance on the street. If you're crap (even if you don't know it), you'll become crap and loud. It flies in the face of any spirit of street performance. Your audience isn't invited to stop and listen. They're shouted at. You avoid the necessity of learning to project and engage. It makes a pseudo gig out of something entirely different.

I know it's become the norm in recent years, but it shouldn't. If, as a street performer, you can't just turn up and do it, you shouldn't be doing it.

Advertisement