Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lusk Housing Estates

Options
  • 19-09-2014 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi, might be in the wrong place. Feel free to move! Looking at possibly buying in Lusk. Seem to be some properties on offer on Daft. Have read through Googling that some of the estates or houses in the estates may have pyrite issues? Anyone any info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Split from Burglary thread.

tHB

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Split from Burgulary thread.

tHB

Unless he meant Pirate issues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Arrrrrrrrr, Ferg lad! Especially for the day that's in it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Chapel Farm and Lusk Village are the worst affected. I don't know of any houses in Dun Emer. The new estate at the ring road was built after the pyrite issue happened, and was built by the same builders as Dun Emer

Orlynn park was built long before the boom and is fine

Chapel farm houses are getting fixed by the management company insurance

Lusk Village is also under a management agency, while Dun Emer is taken in charge by FCC, and almost all the houses are freehold

• Registered Users Posts: 38 itsoktobehappy

Chapel Farm and Lusk Village are the worst affected. I don't know of any houses in Dun Emer. The new estate at the ring road was built after the pyrite issue happened, and was built by the same builders as Dun Emer

Orlynn park was built long before the boom and is fine

Chapel farm houses are getting fixed by the management company insurance

Lusk Village is also under a management agency, while Dun Emer is taken in charge by FCC, and almost all the houses are freehold

Thanks for info. Very helpful. Estate agents seem to know very little of the issues - but I'm not convinced!

Should I be concerned about pirates in the area, also?!!! :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Peckham

Worth noting that Lusk Village was built in phases and only one or two of the phases that may be affected, so only some houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭RORY O CONNOR

Chapel farm has largely been repaired by the insurance company.

Advertisement