Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help me decorate my bedroom- Its so uninviting

• 19-09-2014 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi, My bedroom in 'new' house is North facing but has plenty of light with 2 windows. Its a decent sized room with a king size bed, fitted wardrobe and plenty of space around bed.
    The walls are a disaster with layer upon layer of wallpaper underneath the current painted wallpaper..The wall is bumpy after failed wallpaper stripping..hence the painted wallpaper at moment- We will be getting walls stripped and re-plastered in 2 years but I cant look at this mess in the meantime...
    I think a textured wallpaper would be only solution to disguise the bumpy walls...correct me if I am wrong...
    The current colour is Magnolia, wooden floors and the Egyptian collection furniture from EZ living..http://www.ezlivingfurniture.ie/bedroom-collections/1684-egyptian-bedroom-collection.html
    Can anyone suggest a colour scheme wallpaper pattern to use, I would like to warm up the room and make it cosy..It also needs curtains. :)
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions..or any tips of shops that give good advice on picking colour schemes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I would just paint it with the matt paint. That will make the bumps a lot less obvious.

Putting up wallpaper is just a waste of time and money if you are going to redo it in 2 years. And it wouldn't really cover up the bumps that much.

Honestly, any colour scheme other than the Magnolia will make it look much better. Even white or grey will look better. I would suggest though that you try a 'strong' colour. If you are afraid to paint the whole wall in such a dark colour, I would just paint one or two walls, and leave the other walls a light colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Jimmy_M

Id say - plaster it now and dont waste money on a job you probably wont ike in the end.
    Get a few plastering quotes - youd be surprised how cheap it can be to plater a single room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

Hi thanks for replies- All the walls in the house will need plastering.Don't have the budget to do them all at moment...they are all wallpapered which definatly disguises bumps a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭wandererz

If you look at it as a whole house project then it will probably never get done.
    Take one room at a time. Start with this one and get it plastered and painted first. I have 2 bedrooms which have recently been plastered and are still unpainted until i decide on a colour.

Advertisement