Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sad puppy

• 19-09-2014 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭

I brought Lola to the vet today to be spayed. She's home now with me, and is so sad. She won't eat or drink and every so often, and every so often whining sadly. She looks so annoyed with us and whe we try to feed or soothe her, she just looks away. I'm broken hearted.

Is there anything I can do to make her feel better? :(

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I brought Lola to the vet today to be spayed. She's home now with me, and is so sad. She won't eat or drink and every so often, and every so often whining sadly. She looks so annoyed with us and whe we try to feed or soothe her, she just looks away. I'm broken hearted.

She's probably still a bit spaced out from the anaesthetic, keep her warm and make sure she's plenty of water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Got my puppy Jovi neutered 2 months ago he was exactly the same very off and sad,he wouldn't eat or drink but after about 5 days he was back to himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yeah she's just drugged up!! Leave her to sleep it off! Bailey was the same the other week - they gave him an 'opiate' sedative before I collected him and he was spaced out for the evening - wouldn't lie down, pacing etc...he was fine the next day! Funnily enough he DID want to eat lol! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Thanks all. I know I'm being a wuss, but she looks so sad. At least she'll be back to her old self in a few days.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Thanks all. I know I'm being a wuss, but she looks so sad. At least she'll be back to her old self in a few days.

Aww :o
    You should find her in far better form by the morning... the effects of the anaesthetic tend to hang around for many dogs for 2-3 days, and though she looks sad, chances are she's actually feeling a bit dopey and sleepy. I bet she's delighted to be home, she just can't show it right now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VickieVexed

Awww, poor Lola. Our baby girl was exactly the same after her spaying, I was in bits hearing her give little cries of discomfort. All we could do was keep her comfy, telling how much we loved her..and how brave she was.
    The next morning she was almost back to normal.
    Gentle hugs to your brave baby girl....and to you. x

Advertisement