Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipad or tablet

Options
  • 19-09-2014 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Thinking about getting the OH a tablet or iPad for Xmas. Which is better and whats the pros and cons?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

*Grabs popcorn and takes cover...*

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Does OH have iphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

biko wrote: »
    Does OH have iphone?
    She had å HTC one touchscreen phone

• Registered Users Posts: 20,060 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

And now?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

cnocbui wrote: »
    And now?
    Sorry i meant she still has a HTC one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Perfect, Nexus 7 2013 edition - job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Well an iPad is a tablet, but I'm guessing you're comparing it to an Android or Windows tablet.

Personally, I can't stand Apple software. I won an iPad mini last year and tried to put up with it for a couple of months before selling it to buy a Samsung Android-based device. On the Android tablet I can simply drag and drop media to it in my operating system's standard file manager, whereas with the iPad I seemed to have to faff about with iTunes or other software to get anything on the thing. I'm also familiar with Android from using Android phones, so there were tons of apps I liked that I couldn't use on the iPad.

Seeing as your missus already has an Android phone, I'd highly recommend an Android tablet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

If she's already invested in the Android ecosystem, stick with it and buy an Android tablet, the apps she buys on one will be available for both as they'll be tied to her Google account. HTC are making the next Nexus tablet

Advertisement