Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovered videos from phone help.

Options
  • 19-09-2014 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place but long story short -

I'd been using and old Nokia N91 up until a few years ago when I switched to Android. I went back to my old Nokia to get all the photos and videos I'd on it to put them onto my Macbook but somehow deleted them. I downloaded a picture/video recoverer on my Mac and managed to recover the pictures and the videos. However, the videos won't play on any software that I have. They're in the format .3gp and even players that say they support that format won't play them. Any ideas or is it a lost cause?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I can't google it because i'm in work, but I remember I used a video software called "gspot" (yeah, i know, its a bit weird) that would check your video file for issues and report the different codecs used. It could even do some repairing, if I remember correctly.

Try looking for something for that or something similar.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

VLC should play 3gp no probs. It's possible the videos might be corrupt?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

Yeah, I fear they are corrupt. Shame.

Advertisement