Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DCU clubs/socs questions

• 19-09-2014 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Does anyone know how active the poker soc is? Anything I can find from google is from 2010 and before but it's still listed on the Soc list, the website is down though. Also noticed it doesn't seem to have a chairperson anymore, so how would one go about becoming the chairperson?

Also wondering if it's ok to join a club having never done the sport before. Do people teach you or what?

Any other good clubs/socs that would be recommended?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭Duffman K

The poker soc is pretty active, They play a game once a week. I went 2 or 3 times last year but I am planning to go a lot more often this year. They played every week on a monday night, usually a €10 buy in with about 30 ish people. Definitely a fun one to join if you like poker. Here's a link to the facebook page where they post about games.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DCU-Pokersoc/121589071229768?fref=ts

Other good ones are pool and snooker, snowsports, karting, surf and sail etc just whatever you're interested in there's something for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Tesco TripleChicken

Duffman K wrote: »
    The poker soc is pretty active, They play a game once a week. I went 2 or 3 times last year but I am planning to go a lot more often this year. They played every week on a monday night, usually a €10 buy in with about 30 ish people. Definitely a fun one to join if you like poker. Here's a link to the facebook page where they post about games.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DCU-Pokersoc/121589071229768?fref=ts

Other good ones are pool and snooker, snowsports, karting, surf and sail etc just whatever you're interested in there's something for everyone.

They're exactly the ones I was thinking of joining! Do you know anything about the second part of my question though? I've never surfed or anything and I'd like to join Judo or MMA club but have never done them before

Also that FB link isn't working, do you have to be invited to the group or something?

Yeah all the clubs and societies usually welcome beginners in whatever it is you wanna do. Clubs and socs day is usually the 2nd week of lectures I think so you'll be able to have a look at all of them and ask questions to whoever.

Em I dont think so just facebook search DCU Pokersoc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭Aarong9224

The pokerscoc wasnt there on clubs and socs day did you find them ?

Aarong9224 wrote: »
    The pokerscoc wasnt there on clubs and socs day did you find them ?

Yeah look at the facebook page above and like it. They said there should be a game next wednesday just go and you can sign up then

• Advertisement

Yeah look at the facebook page above and like it. They said there should be a game next wednesday just go and you can sign up then

The facebook page above just links to my fb homepage ?

Aarong9224 wrote: »
    The facebook page above just links to my fb homepage ?

Yeah you're prob under 18, change your DOB on FB

Yeah you're prob under 18, change your DOB on FB

Oh i get it now haha im 18 tomorrow so ill just wait

DCU Poker society is restarting this week

First game Wednesday 11th of February, 5pm in the old bar. €10 buy in

Advertisement