Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 6 cases ?

• 19-09-2014 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭

wondering whether to go for silicone or the leather , did anyone who made the trip up north get one

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

is there anywhere to get one tomorrow?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Got the leather, it feels and looks nicer to me. Both look good though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

sena cases all the way

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I held both in my hands. Thought the silicone felt better but it's going to be personal choice. Either way, I bought my Spigen Hybrid Ultra on Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I had the leather cover for 5s so went for the silicone for the 6plus feels and looks great adds very little to the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Does anybody know anywhere in town that will sell an iPhone 6 case tomorrow ? 3 are delivering my phone and would like to put it straight into a case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

I got the black leather case. Feels amazing on the phone and fits like a glove. Highly recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

peteeeed wrote: »
    Does anybody know anywhere in town that will sell an iPhone 6 case tomorrow ? 3 are delivering my phone and would like to put it straight into a case

Compub have a selection - they're just down from Grafton Street, beside American Apparel. I'd imagine the networks will have a few too.

O2 usually have a good selection for launch day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Compub have a selection - they're just down from Grafton Street, beside American Apparel. I'd imagine the networks will have a few too.

O2 usually have a good selection for launch day.

thanks, i'll try there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

is there anywhere to get one tomorrow?

CompuB, Grafton St, have some in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ogruairi

Was on to CompuB today and they have a small selection in at the moment but over the next two weeks they expect it to expand exponentially.

I'm personally going to hold on until they get the Speck CandyShell in stock - best case I ever owned. Ordered a cheap silicone case and a screen protector to keep it safe until they come into stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

peteeeed wrote: »

All the Carphone Warehouses will have Otterboxes from tomorrow morning I believe. Possibly other covers too.

And if you are that keen Carphone Warehouse on Grafton St is open from midnight tonight.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    And if you are that keen Carphone Warehouse on Grafton St is open from midnight tonight.
    This has changed.

I talked to one of the guys there about 4:30 this afternoon and the midnight launch isn't happening. I think they're opening at 7am instead. He didn't elaborate but I'm guessing it might be due to lack of stock. No point in opening at midnight to sell a dozen phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Dades wrote: »
    This has changed.

I talked to one of the guys there about 4:30 this afternoon and the midnight launch isn't happening. I think they're opening at 7am instead. He didn't elaborate but I'm guessing it might be due to lack of stock. No point in opening at midnight to sell a dozen phones.

Cheers for the heads up. I was slightly toying with the idea of heading in for a cover as Im just 7 or 8mins drive away. I'll stay put so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

i can't decide what case to get.

Do the cases negate the whole "touch screen all the way to the edge" feature of the of the new phones?

Toying with the idea of forgoing a case and getting phone insurance for the first time instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

Anyone in the vodafone stores this morning know if they have any in stock?

Cheers,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Branoic wrote: »
    i can't decide what case to get.

Do the cases negate the whole "touch screen all the way to the edge" feature of the of the new phones?

Toying with the idea of forgoing a case and getting phone insurance for the first time instead.

ive been using my Spigen Ultra Hybrid for a week now.

I have to be honest, the case ruins the new sleek design of the phone, but theres no way im going without. I tend to drop my phones from sofas, chairs, desks etc so im not taking the risk.

Ive had one on all my previous phones so not stopping now.

Now, if i was a lotto winner and money no object, i would 100% not use a case as the new design feels so good to hold but its actually quite grippy too.

Does anyone know if the Express Replacement Service is free with Applecare?

I've used it under warranty before and it costs €30 or so unless you want to send off your iPhone and wait for a repaired/replacement one.

Unless ERS is free, considering there's already a €69 excess fee it would be nearly a 100 quid to get something repaired/replaced WITH Applecare - which seems like a pretty crap deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Does anyone know if the Express Replacement Service is free with Applecare?

I've used it under warranty before and it costs €30 or so unless you want to send off your iPhone and wait for a repaired/replacement one.

Unless ERS is free, considering there's already a €69 excess fee it would be nearly a 100 quid to get something repaired/replaced WITH Applecare - which seems like a pretty crap deal.

ERS is free with it and very very handy

F34 wrote: »
    ERS is free with it and very very handy
    Great, thanks.

Thinking I'm gonna go with this rather than paying monthly insurance and dealing with some random insurance company who'll do anything to get out of settling a claim in the event of a break.

EDIT - another question: Does buying Applecare extend your standard warranty to two years? i.e. Any defect in the phone is covered for an extra 12 months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

MobileFun put up a good video on Youtube reviewing quite a few iPhone 6 cases if you search for it.

Lets you see what they're actually like rather than relying on photos & reviews on websites.

(I don't work for MobileFun or have any connection with them, before anyone asks)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

I got a nice slim cygnett from compub. Nice fit, good quality, no bulk, protects phone, matt black finish with good grip. €14.29 good value

Great, thanks.

Thinking I'm gonna go with this rather than paying monthly insurance and dealing with some random insurance company who'll do anything to get out of settling a claim in the event of a break.

EDIT - another question: Does buying Applecare extend your standard warranty to two years? i.e. Any defect in the phone is covered for an extra 12 months?

Yes it does also gives you software support for two years I've had apple care on my last two phones and it's paid for itself with avoiding the ERS.

The only problem with cancelling insurance is if the phone is stolen you're snookered without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

Gekko wrote: »
    MobileFun put up a good video on Youtube reviewing quite a few iPhone 6 cases if you search for it.

Lets you see what they're actually like rather than relying on photos & reviews on websites.

(I don't work for MobileFun or have any connection with them, before anyone asks)

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/cat/iPhone-6-Cases.htm

i got the otterbox defender..love it.
    ive had the defender on all my iphones over the years,and when i go to sell them on, this case pays as the phones are spotless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

eirlink wrote: »
    http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/cat/iPhone-6-Cases.htm

i got the otterbox defender..love it.
    ive had the defender on all my iphones over the years,and when i go to sell them on, this case pays as the phones are spotless.

The only problem is your phone looks like a brick in them. Horrible looking case ,I've never liked otter box cases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

The only problem is your phone looks like a brick in them. Horrible looking case ,I've never liked otter box cases

yea, but they are some job when it comes to protecting the phone. im out and about all the time and i need this level of cover....excuse the pun :D

Ordered myself the Crystal clear bastion case from Amazon just hope it doesn't add too much bulk to the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Anybody interested in a temporary case Dealz are stocking cheap hard cases for the 6 and had a good few screen protectors as well. I was in the Talbot street one and picked up a screen protector.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Anybody interested in a temporary case Dealz are stocking cheap hard cases for the 6 and had a good few screen protectors as well. I was in the Talbot street one and picked up a screen protector.
    Good shout. Neither of my eBay cheapies arrived so I'm bricking it I'll drop it or something before they do...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Good shout. Neither of my eBay cheapies arrived so I'm bricking it I'll drop it or something before they do...!

Cases were small in supply but there was plenty of iPhone 6 screen protectors. Seems like manufacturers are still designing/redesigning their current cases and screen protectors for the curved edges of the new screens. These will do me for now.

Check their website here you can get an idea of that they're like.

Advertisement