Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 6 cases ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I never use a case as it ruins the iPhone's sleek design. Even more so with the 6's edge glass.

But when I travel, I like my iPhone's to travel in an Ikonic Edge leather pouch. I've been using them since the iPhone 4 and have ordered one this year too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Apple spend millions designing a fantastic new phone with emphasis on how it feels and handles and you guys spend money to put your phones into rough boxes. Would you ever use the phone as it was intended FFS. Just get a slip case for your pocket but use the phone as it was intended, life is for living!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

jpfahy wrote: »
    Apple spend millions designing a fantastic new phone with emphasis on how it feels and handles and you guys spend money to put your phones into rough boxes. Would you ever use the phone as it was intended FFS. Just get a slip case for your pocket but use the phone as it was intended, life is for living!!

Take it you don't have kids? I don't either but if I did, my phone would be wrapped in 100 layers of bubble wrap.

Some people need cases as they're just too clumsy, like the feel of one or just want to be safe.

What is odd however is why you feel the need to leave the comment above in a thread specifically about iPhone cases.

If someone wants a case, let them be, it's no sweat off my ball sack (insert genitalia of choice here) it shouldn't be off yours either.

Anyone go for the official apple silicone cover? They look very tidy from the pics but are on the steep side Price wise.

I haven't had a case for any of my previous iphones but think I will go for something this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Anyone go for the official apple silicone cover? They look very tidy from the pics but are on the steep side Price wise.

I haven't had a case for any of my previous iphones but think I will go for something this time.

I bought one for the 6plus it added very little bulk to the phone but I didn't like the feel of it so I have gone for the black leather Apple case for the 6. Oh and the silicone case is a lot more rigid than it looks.

• Advertisement

I received the Apple leather case for the iPhone 6 it's a beauty, fits really well and feels great. It's not as rigid as the 5s leather cover its a quality case I would definitely recommend this case.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

jpfahy wrote: »
    Apple spend millions designing a fantastic new phone with emphasis on how it feels and handles and you guys spend money to put your phones into rough boxes.
    Apple also design and sell cases to put their slippery phones into in case you hadn't noticed.

Cases are like condoms. Not everyone needs one, but the stakes are high if you don't have one on and you drop the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

ANyone know anywhere in the City Centre that I can pick up the leather wallet case for the 6?

Ordering online isn't available until Oct 30th :/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

SantryRed wrote: »
    ANyone know anywhere in the City Centre that I can pick up the leather wallet case for the 6?

Ordering online isn't available until Oct 30th :/

Try :

CompuB : Graftin Street
    Arnotts : Henry Street
    Both are apple resellers (not iPhones though).

Or check adverts.ie some may be selling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

Is there anywhere in dublin that sells sleeves/pouches for the iPhone 6 plus ? I'm not a fan of cases. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

medic087 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in dublin that sells sleeves/pouches for the iPhone 6 plus ? I'm not a fan of cases. Thanks

At this early stage it will be a case (pardon the pun) of going shop to shop to find something you like. Even the likes of dealz or the €2 shop make small slivers and one might just suit you.

I chanced one of the chepo ones of amazon initially. A transparent silicone one was 3 pounds (free delivery in UK and I have loads of parcel motel credit to use up). Will report back on it when it arrives.

There was a very nice case one similar to the official one on mobilefun for 12 incl delivery but it sold out very very fast. Will try out the cheap one initially anyway and try to pick up some screen protectors in a shop some where.

Will be keeping my eye out for a decent heavy duty cover also like an otter box defender but cheaper if possible as I will only use it when out on the farm at weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I chanced one of the chepo ones of amazon initially. A transparent silicone one was 3 pounds (free delivery in UK and I have loads of parcel motel credit to use up). Will report back on it when it arrives.

There was a very nice case one similar to the official one on mobilefun for 12 incl delivery but it sold out very very fast. Will try out the cheap one initially anyway and try to pick up some screen protectors in a shop some where.

Will be keeping my eye out for a decent heavy duty cover also like an otter box defender but cheaper if possible as I will only use it when out on the farm at weekends.

I bought a cheap one on eBay ahead of buying the 6 so had it just on time. It's a excellent and will certainly get me by untill a bigger selection comes available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Bought this case. Something a bit different. Bought TEMPERED GLASS GENUINE Ebay Item # 351173590725. Looking forward to getting the phone and these yokes.

Will comment on the case when I get everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Anyone found a shop in Cork or Killarney selling cases for the 6 plus? Need something to keep me going until Incipio start shipping...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

i ordered the official leather case for my 6+

It arrived today and the tidy fit is really nice - adds very little bulk to the phone.

But I'm not sure I like the cover over the power / sleep and volume buttons. I find I need to press quite a bit harder on the cover to get to the button beneath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Branoic wrote: »
    i ordered the official leather case for my 6+

It arrived today and the tidy fit is really nice - adds very little bulk to the phone.

But I'm not sure I like the cover over the power / sleep and volume buttons. I find I need to press quite a bit harder on the cover to get to the button beneath.

From what I've read the buttons become easier to press after a bit of use. They need to loosen up.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Col_30

Branoic wrote: »

I think that's actually a positive, as when I had a Samsung GS3, I was constantly hitting the power button by accident.

I much prefer having a cover that isn't missing chunks on every side much better than one leaving open spaces for all the buttons.

Of course in terms of aesthetics and using a black case it doesn't help that apple keeps making their dark model iPhone lighter every release. I actually had to double-check I had a space grey last week as frankly it's far more silver than grey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I got the leather Apple one today too and I like it a lot. I had the equivalent on my old 5 too and it protected the phone very well without adding any bulk... but for anyone new to these "leather" cases, don't be surprised if they start looking a bit frayed and worn after 6-8 months.

The one on the 6 doesn't cover the bottom of the phone like it did on the 5 though... so I expect the bottom will be prone to some scuffing over time.

• Advertisement

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I got the leather Apple one today too and I like it a lot. I had the equivalent on my old 5 too and it protected the phone very well without adding any bulk... but for anyone new to these "leather" cases, don't be surprised if they start looking a bit frayed and worn after 6-8 months.

The one on the 6 doesn't cover the bottom of the phone like it did on the 5 though... so I expect the bottom will be prone to some scuffing over time.

It's a pity it doesn't cover the bottom but the home button is so close to the edge but its a lovely case and feels great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭CFC007

Does anyone know if the Currys at the airport have 6 plus cases? Dreading putting my phone in the security box tomorrow!

Just picked up an as-new Apple leather case in box from Adverts for €20. A very sound lad in Waterford stuck in the post for me and now it's on my 6 for good. No issue with the buttons... lovely case.

It pays to shop around, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just received my leather plus case. Really synthetic feel to it to. Seems a long way from the old ipod leather cases they used come in the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I got my i-Blason clear case this morning I like it despite it adding a small bit of bulk to the case it doesn't take away from the phone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Given that I destroyed 2 iPhone 5S's in the last 6 months and the 2nd time it was in an otter box I bought a Griffin Survivor for my 6. Its nice and clim but bulked out on the 4 corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

Anyone find the Apple cases anywhere in Dublin? I haven't seen a shop since the weekend so haven't had time to look. Hoping Compub might have some tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Bought the verus iron shield

81VqjjBVsTL._SX425_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

^^how is it?

Advertisement