Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 6 cases ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Dades wrote: »
    Just picked up an as-new Apple leather case in box from Adverts for €20. A very sound lad in Waterford stuck in the post for me and now it's on my 6 for good. No issue with the buttons... lovely case.

It pays to shop around, too.

So it was you who got it!! I saw it the other day and said I'd wait until I had the phone in hand before making an offer... Got the phone last night and went to look for the case, and its gone! :(:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Blazer wrote: »
    ^^how is it?

Haven't got the phone yet

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Lardy wrote: »
    So it was you who got it!! I saw it the other day and said I'd wait until I had the phone in hand before making an offer... Got the phone last night and went to look for the case, and its gone! :(:o
    Sorry! :o

I was on the Apple site on Tuesday to buy that case... but at €45 + shipping I thought the least I can do is do a quick check around to see if there's one out there for less. Saw that one on Adverts and made an offer immediately. He who hesitates is lost!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Im getting used to the leather case I got. Button covers are loosening up a bit as people said they would, and I agree now it looks nicer not having cut outs for every button.

BUT, the little flecks of dust and dirt gathering in the little groove where the glass and cover meet is driving my OCD nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Anyone find the Apple cases anywhere in Dublin? I haven't seen a shop since the weekend so haven't had time to look. Hoping Compub might have some tomorrow.

I might be wrong but I think Apple are keeping these for their own stores only ... which means they only way to get it in Ireland is to order online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

I ordered these two for myself and herself. Ordered on Tuesday. I knew I should have ordered a week ago....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MAWSV0M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JH889MM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Will let ye know when they arrive etc

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Bob24 wrote: »
    I might be wrong but I think Apple are keeping these for their own stores only ... which means they only way to get it in Ireland is to order online.
    Earlier this week CompuB reckoned they'd have them to sell at some point. I'd be skeptical, myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Considering the thee stores have the 5/5s leather cases I can see them making an appearance at some stage somewhere else outside of Apple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Bob24 wrote: »

Was in CompuB today and they were pushing Otterbox i think..some big mad tank looking thing, had no Apple Cases at all

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

Got a folio case in Carphone today for my 6+, very flimsy but wouldn't let me open it before hand and wouldn't let me return it cos it was open!

Will do me until I find something more suitable!

• Advertisement

Was in CompuB today and they were pushing Otterbox i think..some big mad tank looking thing, had no Apple Cases at all

Yeah unless you work on a construction site or like juggling with your phone, not the nicest type of case :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Three on Shop street in Galway had Apple original cases for both the 6 and 6+ - looked very nice!

Has anyone tried a tempered glass screen protector on the 6/ 6+ yet? Had one on the 5s and it was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Lardy wrote: »
    Has anyone tried a tempered glass screen protector on the 6/ 6+ yet? Had one on the 5s and it was great.

I've bought one, just waiting for the iPhone 6 to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Ordered a Flexishield clear silicone type case from MobileFun and it arrived today.

Happy enough with it for €13. Was tempted to get the Otterbox Commuter but will see how I get on.

I've noticed that initially the screen has gathered a bit of dust easily enough that then sort of piles up at the edge or in the corners of the screen against the lip of the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I got the attached one today. I originally wanted a Spigen but the black went out of stock and never came back. Only paid around €10 for this, great feel and really high quality. Haven't got the phone yet but it looks perfect for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

I find the iPhone 6 so smooth I can't get a good grip on it. Any of you got a case that makes it more stable in the hand?
    I read the silicone case just ends up with all the dirt from your pocket sticking to it so looking for something different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Got a good silicone one in deals for 1.50

Fairly thin and tight to the phone. Does what i want it to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Bought the manwood-iphone-6-wooden-case-miss-match and I'm delighted with it. I have the silver iphone and the white just blends in witht the white front like it have no case!

It adds no bulk and it's a tight fit. I'm not too sure about protection as in if I drop it on a corner! Touch wood!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I just got my Spigen Thin Fit from Amazon this morning for the 6 plus. It was only around a tenner plus postage, but it's just to do me until MonCarbone start shipping their carbon-kevlar cases.

Still waiting for the phone :p

• Advertisement

Been using this one now for two days. http://www.amazon.co.uk/APPLE-IPHONE-SILICONE-SKIN-COVER-TRANSPARENT-CLEAR/dp/B00NGJQ4UW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412776020&sr=8-1&keywords=APPLE+IPHONE+6+4.7%22+TPU+SILICONE+GEL+SKIN+CASE+COVER+-+IPHONE+6+TRANSPARENT+%28CLEAR%29

It fits well and looks ok, I wasnt sure about the transparent look at first but its growing on me (the phone is silver). It does feel a bit cheap (as in a plastic feel rather then badly made) but I think its just the phone feels so good without it that anything will take a bit of getting used to.

I picked up some screen protectors in dealz for 1.49 (pack of two), they are grand though I didnt make a great job applying the first one so might replace it over the weekend. But it feels good and has very good transparency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Been using this one now for two days. http://www.amazon.co.uk/APPLE-IPHONE-SILICONE-SKIN-COVER-TRANSPARENT-CLEAR/dp/B00NGJQ4UW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412776020&sr=8-1&keywords=APPLE+IPHONE+6+4.7%22+TPU+SILICONE+GEL+SKIN+CASE+COVER+-+IPHONE+6+TRANSPARENT+%28CLEAR%29

It fits well and looks ok, I wasnt sure about the transparent look at first but its growing on me (the phone is silver). It does feel a bit cheap (as in a plastic feel rather then badly made) but I think its just the phone feels so good without it that anything will take a bit of getting used to.

I picked up some screen protectors in dealz for 1.49 (pack of two), they are grand though I didnt make a great job applying the first one so might replace it over the weekend. But it feels good and has very good transparency.

There was two protectors in the pack I got. One tiny bit of dust got underneath though so will probably have to replace it. Decent screen protectors but they don't look good with the curved edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Anyone else find it harder to get a good case than getting the actual phone? It would wreck your head.

DubDJ wrote: »
    There was two protectors in the pack I got. One tiny bit of dust got underneath though so will probably have to replace it. Decent screen protectors but they don't look good with the curved edge.

Yeah two in my pack also.

You wouldn't notice the screen protector because of the case (well the case I have anyway). Without the case the edges of the protector are a bit more obvious alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Anybody know anyone in Dublin city centre selling 6 plus screen protectors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I saw some at the Three store on Grafton street, but they had very limited choices of colours.

Don't quote me on it but I think when I went there on Saturday they had only black for the 6 and red for the 6 plus. And I think they were selling both versions for 49 euros (whereas the one for the 6 should be 45).

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Just my twopence.......

I picked up a silicone type cover in dealz today for 1.49 and have to say its perfect. I got it in black (for a space grey 6) and they did have other colours - i will probably pick up another couple just to have for a change.
    The cover is pretty sleek, nice and slim fitting on the phone which is what I was looking for. Its also got good grip along the sides

Im raging I didnt see them sooner as spent €20 on a flip type cover in compub only because there was no way I was using the phone without a cover when i got it.
    I had wanted an official apple cover but wont bother now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Report if you find one, I'm looking myself.

• Advertisement

I ordered the official leather one. Not fitted it yet as I'm over in England at the moment and it was delivered the day after I left! :( Have a flip cover on it at the moment and can't wait to get rid. I'll be fitting a tempered glass screen protector, too. Screen protectors only €10 from an Adverts shop. :)

Advertisement