Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 6 cases ?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Three stores have the apple ones, but when I went only red. Argos has some very basic but cheap cases also which are actually pretty nice. Totally plain and minimal, if less protective than most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

fifi28 wrote: »
    Just my twopence.......

I picked up a silicone type cover in dealz today for 1.49 and have to say its perfect. I got it in black (for a space grey 6) and they did have other colours - i will probably pick up another couple just to have for a change.
    The cover is pretty sleek, nice and slim fitting on the phone which is what I was looking for. Its also got good grip along the sides

Im raging I didnt see them sooner as spent €20 on a flip type cover in compub only because there was no way I was using the phone without a cover when i got it.
    I had wanted an official apple cover but wont bother now!

Which Dealz was this in?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

akadesign wrote: »
    Which Dealz was this in?

The nutgrove store but I would say they have them everywhere by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

Hi Guys.
    I ordered 2 cases of MobileFun ie website - one for my iPhone 6 and one for my OHs Xperia Z3.
    Right after I got confirmation email i got another one in which they asked me to answer some questions as they are doing random security checks.
    I answered all the questions and submitted form. Now this was last Tuesday and when i track my order it says "order status unknown" and that it is not shipped.
    Has anyone ordered off them before and how fast they are to ship orders?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Picked up my plus on Friday and my official leather case looks wrecked. A few big scratches on it and a lot of wear. Now, I expect leather cases to get worn looking, but this is on less than 48 hours and has been babied, so I'm amazed at the level of wear.

Definitely, thinking of a screen protector. Most seem to have issues with the curved display - notably the tempered glass ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Got this nice 'book' type case for my '6'. I wanted one that had the bit that holds the phone in all the way round - it's actually rubber as opposed to plastic, so you just kind of squeeze the phone in.
    I figure that I don't really need a screen protector with this type of case either.

A tenner from one of the chinese shops in Moore St.

325068.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Simon201 wrote: »
    Got this nice 'book' type case for my '6'. I wanted one that had the bit that holds the phone in all the way round - it's actually rubber as opposed to plastic, so you just kind of squeeze the phone in.
    I figure that I don't really need a screen protector with this type of case either.

A tenner from one of the chinese shops in Moore St.

325068.jpg

Looks nice. This is th style I go for. Twelve South don't seem to have a bookbook for the 6s yet but are also similar but with some places for cards and cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

If anyone's interested, I've a spare official Apple leather case for a 6. Unopened. Olive brown in colour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 alex69

Try AliExpress.com
    Here is everything

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

alex69 wrote: »
    Try AliExpress.com
    Here is everything
    Last thing I bought on AliExpress took two months to get here! In fact nothing has been quicker than one month.

Fare thee be warned!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

cant decide on a case :( was after the apple one but would rather a case with all round coverage, or maybe a clear one but then id like one with protection lol

Not sure what brands are good to check out as its my 1st time getting an iphone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I love the look and feel of iPhones and hate having to cover up their lovely design and feel.

However, they are delicate and I had to admit defeat when I broke my 4s screen twice.

The 6 is a beauty but looks more vulnerable to being dropped due its shape and texture.

I don't understand people spending a lot of money on them. Apple prices of them are ridiculous. I find E-Bay a great source.
    Every type you could wish for is there.

I'm going all out military grade protection with this

8e23be07-6c1b-4f95-9fa7-e1aca9c98b39.jpg

Link
    Costing me €5.64 and I €3.95 parcel motel where I already had credit so under a tenner. Don't think you can go wrong with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

I have a Dealz one. It's absolutely perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'm delighted with the one I got from Amazon. A Ringke Slim case. Around €10 and really slim and nicely made. Offers all around protection too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I have the apple red leather one on the way. Loved the one for the 5s last year. The only case I ever could use for longer than a week. I only have it on when I go out the weekends though.

Thinking of getting the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Clear Case Link

anyone had any of their cases before also any idea why amazon dont sell them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Amazon did sell them (well a third party via Amazon) I have one for my 6+.
    I've had many cases for my previous iPhones but this one is best. The material is nice, it looks great -for a case- I like that the back is clear, it fits perfect. The best thing is though, all cases I used in the past would get tiny dirt/dust particles trapped between the phone and the case which damage the phone within days. This doesn't seem to happen with this case (however this could just be due to the new shape of the iPhone 6) Very happy with it.

shipping from spigen is 10 euro :( gonna look around and see if anywhere in Ireland is selling it

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Ibetit

My bro just get a iphone 6, also can't decide which one is better :-

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Thinking of getting the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Clear Case Link

anyone had any of their cases before also any idea why amazon dont sell them?

I have the clear one on my 6. The GF has the same on hers. Posted about them in the early days of this thread. Bought from Amazon before I got my phone in NI. Cost me €11 all in per case.

They are good.
    Air cushions on corners (don't want to test though)
    Clear case shows off whatever colour you buy.
    Decent bit of grip on the edges.
    Lip protection on the front.

Only thing I will say and it goes for every case, it hides the beautiful form factor of the new phone.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    I love the look and feel of iPhones and hate having to cover up their lovely design and feel.

However, they are delicate and I had to admit defeat when I broke my 4s screen twice.

The 6 is a beauty but looks more vulnerable to being dropped due its shape and texture.

I don't understand people spending a lot of money on them. Apple prices of them are ridiculous. I find E-Bay a great source.
    Every type you could wish for is there.

I'm going all out military grade protection with this

8e23be07-6c1b-4f95-9fa7-e1aca9c98b39.jpg

Link
    Costing me €5.64 and I €3.95 parcel motel where I already had credit so under a tenner. Don't think you can go wrong with that.

Pity it doesn't have a front cover too as part of it. I have a slim cover for day to day use but need something to put the phone in just when I'm out on the farm that will protect it more and don't really want to spend 50 euro on an otter box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Pity it doesn't have a front cover too as part of it. I have a slim cover for day to day use but need something to put the phone in just when I'm out on the farm that will protect it more and don't really want to spend 50 euro on an otter box.

Lots of those type on Ebay as well. Have a look.

Which sites other than amazon are good to grab cases off? Are there any in Ireland + anyone know if high street shops are selling any?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Faktuu

get that one thingiverse.com/thing:478198
    future proof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Otter Defender from Vodafone. It is a bit big , but can wear it on my hip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

airuser wrote: »
    Otter Defender from Vodafone. It is a bit big , but can wear it on my hip.

Do people still do that? Do you hang your keys from a belt loop too?

No to the latter. However, I find it easier to get to on my hip. Also, less likely to leave it behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

You've never been to America have you? It's all the rage over there, same as those awfulBluetooth headpieces

• Advertisement

You've never been to America have you? It's all the rage over there, same as those awfulBluetooth headpieces

Bluetooth is really a fashion item over there. To see folk standing around or walking and talking to themselves.

In the major cities it is a major problem with people walking onto the roads they are so involved in their call.

The belt cases for the phone are sometimes very large. Real chunky ones.

Mine is not too bad. I just find it more comfortable on my hip rather than the pocket

Advertisement