Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 6 cases ?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

You've never been to America have you? It's all the rage over there, same as those awfulBluetooth headpieces

You're correct - I have never been. Now that you mention it though I do see a lot of American tourists wear their phones like this. Everyone to their own I guess. I thought the point of it was because these phones were too chunky to fit in your pocket.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

airuser wrote: »
    Bluetooth is really a fashion item over there. To see folk standing around or walking and talking to themselves.

In the major cities it is a major problem with people walking onto the roads they are so involved in their call.

The belt cases for the phone are sometimes very large. Real chunky ones.

Mine is not too bad. I just find it more comfortable on my hip rather than the pocket

In New York a couple of weeks ago, and most people seem to have wired headphones, business types have the in-ear and the hipper set wearing over the ear. Bluetooth phase seems to have passed, from what i could se anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 alex69

I ordered on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Not liking the Flexshield case I got, have been struggling to find a rubbery silicone one (similar to the Griffin Flexgrip for the 4S) and of course there aren't any of the Apple silicone ones in the shops that I could look at.

After several hours searching and watching reviews on YouTube I found an iLuv one that seems to do the job.

Found it in a New York department store online for $8.99...but they only ship to UK outside of US so I hope to have it in about 10 days or so via Parcel Motel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Digging up an old thread to see if everybody is still happy with their cases? Have they stood up to drops? I'm hoping to order an iPhone 6 next week and just trying to decide on a cover. At the moment, it's between this and this

Has anybody got any suggestions on screen protectors? As much as I hate them, I reckon I need one as my iPhone 5 has picked up a lot of scraps on the screen in the last 6 months (think they have come from the rivets on my jeans when taking my phone in and out of my pocket) so don't want to risk it on the new phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

90% of the time I don't use a case with my 6 plus.

The other 10% I'm using the red apple leather case and its perfect.

Couldn't ever put a screen protector on the 6 plus display, it's like putting a plastic bag over Mila Kunis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

BDJW wrote: »
    Digging up an old thread to see if everybody is still happy with their cases? Have they stood up to drops? I'm hoping to order an iPhone 6 next week and just trying to decide on a cover. At the moment, it's between this and this

Has anybody got any suggestions on screen protectors? As much as I hate them, I reckon I need one as my iPhone 5 has picked up a lot of scraps on the screen in the last 6 months (think they have come from the rivets on my jeans when taking my phone in and out of my pocket) so don't want to risk it on the new phone

I have the Rinke one and still happy, it keeps very clean compared to some of the same style cases I've had in the past, doesn't add much weight or bulk and I've dropped the phone 2 or 3 times and so far not a scratch. It's a bit difficult to remove but I rarely do so its not a problem at all. It's a bargain at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭OU812

HVent read the whole thread but I bought the iPhone 6 leather case recently in the US $42. Absolutely delighted with it. Feels great & protects.

Also have Anker glass shield on the front. Honestly feels like there's nothing on it. Much better than those plastic ones.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DubDJ wrote: »
    I have the Rinke one and still happy, it keeps very clean compared to some of the same style cases I've had in the past, doesn't add much weight or bulk and I've dropped the phone 2 or 3 times and so far not a scratch. It's a bit difficult to remove but I rarely do so its not a problem at all. It's a bargain at that price.

My Rinke one cracked by the camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭iniall

I too have had the Apple leather case for my 6 since November and it's been very good, perfect fit and feels really nice. I even dropped the phone once and it seems unscathed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I've decided on the Ringke slim case, it's £9 on Amazon at the moment, but delivery is almost £7!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Masala

I've decided on the Ringke slim case, it's £9 on Amazon at the moment, but delivery is almost £7!!!

Not if you spend 10 pound.... So up your order by 2 quid and u sorted!!! Throw this onto order.... Sorry.. Just can't help myself!!! Always wanted one ...!!!!!!

GB Kent A81T Small Moustache and Beard Comb https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0043DVTXW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_G8navb1QEHZGF
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0043DVTXW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_G8navb1QEHZGF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

There's some cracking leather ones on eBay for 22-35 euros. I forked out for one. Have a look through their listings

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

Bought a Spigen Slim Fit A with the phone, not too bad but a little slippy in the hand at times and the part of the edge over the volume buttons broke off after a few weeks, so I upgraded myself to a black Apple Leather case last week. Expensive; but it has a quality feel to it and compliments the phone perfectly.

As for screen protectors, I got a pack in Tesco's (not sure the brand) as a stopgap and so far it is now on since December and doing fine. I did also buy a spigen set but haven't used them yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

naasrd wrote: »
    There's some cracking leather ones on eBay for 22-35 euros. I forked out for one. Have a look through their listings
    Have you used one? Without seeing one in the flesh I'd be highly sceptical that it would match the Apple one for quality. Any looseness allows grit etc in that can scratch you phone over time. The microfibre inside of the Apple one prevents this.

I have their black leather one and I find it the perfect case. Have dropped the phone numerous times, too.

Advertisement