Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free LC Biology Quiz Android App

• 19-09-2014 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Over the summer I've made a free interactive MCQ style app for the higher level leaving cert biology course for android phones running Jellybean or higher.

Unfortunately as my account has less than 50 posts, I am not allowed to post a link directly to the app here, but if you search in the Google Play Store: "Leaving Cert Biology Quiz" and scroll down a wee bit, you should see it. (Green Icon, white text, tick, developer name is Conor Broderick)

I think it may be of good use to the 5th and 6th years here in their studies.

*I know this is blatant self promotion but I'm not monetizing the app with any ads or any in app purchases. It's totally free :) . Apologies if this goes against the rules of this board!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭marko747

Is it on the AppStore? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Conor_B

marko747 wrote: »
    Is it on the AppStore? :)

Unfortunately it's only available on the Android marketplace right now, no plans to release it for iOS at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Conor_B wrote: »
    Over the summer I've made a free interactive MCQ style app for the higher level leaving cert biology course for android phones running Jellybean or higher.

Unfortunately as my account has less than 50 posts, I am not allowed to post a link directly to the app here, but if you search in the Google Play Store: "Leaving Cert Biology Quiz" and scroll down a wee bit, you should see it. (Green Icon, white text, tick, developer name is Conor Broderick)

*I know this is blatant self promotion but I'm not monetizing the app with any ads or any in app purchases. It's totally free :) . Apologies if this goes against the rules of this board!

Cheers!

Haha its good but dont do biology :(

coolerboy wrote: »
    Haha its good but dont do biology :(

What other subjects would you be interested in seeing an app like this for?

I'm considering physics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

What other subjects would you be interested in seeing an app like this for?

I'm considering physics.

I do physics and unfortunately chemistry......Chemistry would be a great help as the teacher is no good hahaha shoot ahead with the physics....good luck :)

• Advertisement

I reckon I'll do physics first. Chemistry is the worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭marko747

Got today on android phone, seems great :) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsduffy

its reAlly good! use it regulArly

itsduffy wrote: »
    its reAlly good! use it regulArly
    marko747 wrote: »
    Got today on android phone, seems great :) thanks

Thanks very much for the feedback, guys.

:)

The most shameless bump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

Cheers!

I looked in the Google Play Store and can't find it! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

App is quite handy for remembering the odd definition here and there, which is lovely because we all know there's always a chance of missing that one definition in some chapter ...

Would be cool if you did a diagram, with things marked x, y etc and you're meant to be select the correct answer.

10/10 :)

Hana98 wrote: »

Hopefully a kind soul with over 50 posts will post a link to it!

If you google "leaving cert biology quiz google play" it's the first result that comes up (at least for me anyway).

If you post your e-mail or something I could send you a direct link either?

Best of luck with the studies anyway!

@DublinArnie Thanks very much man! I'm really busy with college at the moment but I do plan on adding diagram based questions as well!

Hopefully a kind soul with over 50 posts will post a link to it!

If you google "leaving cert biology quiz google play" it's the first result that comes up (at least for me anyway).

If you post your e-mail or something I could send you a direct link either?

Best of luck with the studies anyway!
    App is quite handy for remembering the odd definition here and there, which is lovely because we all know there's always a chance of missing that one definition in some chapter ...

Would be cool if you did a diagram, with things marked x, y etc and you're meant to be select the correct answer.

Thanks very much man, much appreciated! I'm really busy with college at the moment but I do plan on adding diagram based questions as well! Maybe during the Christmas break.

It says it's not compatible with my device. :(

Ah sorry about that.

I can send you a version that most likely will work on your phone if you pm me your e-mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ah sorry about that.

I can send you a version that most likely will work on your phone if you pm me your e-mail.

If you send him the direct .apk it'll work perfectly

If you send him the direct .apk it'll work perfectly

That's what I did! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I didn't realize I was 4 days late to the craic! The app is good tthough, I've been recommending it to friends

Thanks for that! It works!! :)

• Advertisement

Bumping for the mocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Just to say thanks a mil for this app
    I've had it since you posted that you created it and it has honestly helped so much
    A quiz before school in the morning and before bed has me rattling off biology terms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Well done dude, link to the app is here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cb.leavingcertbiologyquiz if people cannot find it for some reason.

I am an app developer myself. My only pointer would be not to put green on red, for starters users who are colour blind will not be able to distinguish between the two, but also because the colours are too close to each other on the visual spectrum so they are hard to focus your eye on.

http://uxmovement.com/content/why-you-should-never-pair-green-and-red-on-the-web/

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

Thanks so much for this app, its great, really helping me revise for tests etc, thanks again!

Updated the app to allow users to add their own questions!

Fixed a few spelling mistakes and the odd question too.

Still can't post links but DesperateDan has kindly linked to the app on the play store in his post above mine ^^^

Best of luck with the studies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Just a random idea and suggestion, I think a maths one would really be good.

You put out a random equation/question that needs to be done, and have multiple answers to be selected (obviously one will be the correct one.) This way, the person will be required to do the question, and will know if they're right. Really helps, especially if the questions are just random and out there.

I really need Maths revision :D.

It's May now so I'm bumping this thread again for any students out there who may not know of this apps existence.

Best of luck in the exams!

Advertisement