Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Shares in Dublin

Options
  • 19-09-2014 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering whats the average price you can expect to pay these days for a room in a shared House?
    Also is there much competition for each place, as in will I find that almost all rooms are either amen the minute they are advertised or that 1o people are fighting for the same room?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moved from Dublin City to Accommodation & Property.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I don't think you could put a figure on it without further information. You can't compare the rent for a room in an owner occupier house in Lucan or Lusk to a room in a city centre flat or a house in Ballsbridge. There are too many variables at play here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I don't think you could put a figure on it without further information. You can't compare the rent for a room in an owner occupier house in Lucan or Lusk to a room in a city centre flat or a house in Ballsbridge. There are too many variables at play here.
    Somewhere within an easy enough commute to the city. Say within the m50.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Somewhere within an easy enough commute to the city. Say within the m50.

Then you're looking at 450/500 up to 800/900 a month.
    I saw an ad yesterday for a house share in Adamstown. ..€700 a month to share that is outside the m50 but because of the 12 minute train ride to heuston it's becoming popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

Take a look at what's being advertised in Daft and you will get a feel for what different places are going for. You might pay the same for an ensuite double room in one place as you would for a single box room in another. I believe that a lot of people are looking at the moment in Dublin so its pretty competitive and places are taken very soon once they have been advertised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Take a look at what's being advertised in Daft and you will get a feel for what different places are going for. You might pay the same for an ensuite double room in one place as you would for a single box room in another. I believe that a lot of people are looking at the moment in Dublin so its pretty competitive and places are taken very soon once they have been advertised.

So is having the deposit in your hand the only way to do it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

ryanf1 wrote: »
    So is having the deposit in your hand the only way to do it then?

Absolutely YES.

Advertisement