Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub drink alone

Options
  • 19-09-2014 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, I will be in Dublin soon and Aline and was thinking if they are any good city centre bars to visit while alone?

What can someone do to meet someone (gay) or what pubs are good alone. Just new for me doing so

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 crystallamp

Do you know which part of the City Centre you plan on staying? Whilst Temple Bar is very touristy, there is a lovely bar at the top of it, called The Palace, its very old fashioned but definitely somewhere you wouldn't feel uncomfortable sitting alone having a pint.

I'm not incredibly clued up on the gay scene, but when I've gone out with my gay friends, I've gone to Ireland's most famous gay bar, The George.. or else The Front Lounge or Panti Bar or the Dragon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

The LGBT forum might know more, but I think Parliament St also has some gay-friendly pubs. The pubs crystalamp mentioned are on Sth Gt Georges St.

Advertisement