Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BALLOONS heading your way

Options
  • 20-09-2014 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭

Hello folks,
    If over the next few days you see Blue and navy balloons landing in your garden fear not.They are not from outer space!! These Balloons are part of a fundraiser by the juvenile section St. Maurs G.A.A. club in Rush north County Dublin.

The balloons have tags on them and if you find one and return it with the location you found it you could win €50.

The balloon that travels furthest from our pitch wins €300 and the finder wins €50. Good luck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I once found a balloon in Cork that came from a nursery school in Oxford it traveled over 300 miles. I sent it back and heard nothing after :mad: I've heard of balloons traveling 900 miles :eek: A lot of your balloons will end up in the Atlantic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

I could do with the cash so I eagerly await these balloons.

*unwraps tent and camping stove*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

So if I find one in Wexford , and I drive to Dingle and take a photo of it along with the signpost , will that be enough proof that it travelled all the way to Dingle ?

So if I find one in Wexford , and I drive to Dingle and take a photo of it along with the signpost , will that be enough proof that it travelled all the way to Dingle ?
    No, what it will mean is that it cost you more than the possible prize to drive to Dingle and back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Sam Kade wrote: »
    No, what it will mean is that it cost you more than the possible prize to drive to Dingle and back :)

What if we Photoshop a Statue of Liberty into the background?

• Advertisement

man98 wrote: »
    What if we Photoshop a Statue of Liberty into the background?
    Yes that would work and cheap as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Thank you for the replies
    Yes that would work and cheap as well :D
    Better option might be the Fastnett or Hook head depending on winds.
    I once found a balloon in Cork that came from a nursery school in Oxford it traveled over 300 miles. I sent it back and heard nothing after :mad: I've heard of balloons traveling 900 miles :eek: A lot of your balloons will end up in the Atlantic :(

We will acknowledge any balloon we get back. We will put up dates on our website or facebook page once the cards start coming back to us. We had a very good response the last time so hopefully one of the lucky posters on boards.ie will have €50 heading their way. www.stmaursgaa.ie or St.Maurs GAA club on Facebook

Yes a few will end up in the Atlantic or possibly depending on wind some could get across to Wales, Devon or Cornwall
    Corvo wrote: »
    I could do with the cash so I eagerly await these balloons.

*unwraps tent and camping stove*
    Great weather for camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

More blow-ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

kneemos wrote: »
    More blow-ins.

And we dont take kindly to them...apparently

Advertisement