Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why the hate for Nickelback?

Options
  • 20-09-2014 12:10am

Sorry. Got a thread closed on after hours because I asked the question why do people hate Nickelback so much?

Honestly interested to know why?

I think their ok myself but have come across so many with a deep hatred.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Sorry. Got a thread closed on after hours because I asked the question why do people hate Nickelback so much?

You only think they're ok but go outta your way to start a thread to try get to the bottom of why people hate them.

I don't hate them myself just not a fan of their music which is just embarrassing at times....

This on the other hand was probably the lead singers best contribution in music.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Cos they're sh1te. They are just Metallica wannabees. Everybody hates a wannabee.

You only think they're ok but go outta your way to start a thread to try get to the bottom of why people hate them.

I don't hate them myself just not a fan of their music which is just embarrassing at times....

This on the other hand was probably the lead singers best contribution in music.....

Yep. "how you remind me" came on the tv earlier, a song I like and it just got me thinking why do so many people hate nickelback.

Not trolling just an interest to know why when there is a lot more awful artists out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

love them :-) in Canada they are viewed the same way as U2 are here... strange no idea why all the hate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,334 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

That is just...I don't know what to say.

http://www.dailydot.com/opinion/why-we-hate-nickelback/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ninap

Yeah, they're ****e. Btw it's "they are", which contracts to "they're" not "their".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

newmug wrote: »
    Cos they're sh1te. They are just Metallica wannabees. Everybody hates a wannabee.

Nickelback are nothing like Metallica, more like a pop version of Nirvana.

Anyways the reason there's such deep hatred is because of music snobs, they will feign a deep hatred for anything once its trendy to do so. Sure there are some who genuinely have such feelings towards Nickelback, but by and large a lot of them just dislike their music without much emotional investment, which is their prerogative.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Because everyone has different musical tastes is the simple answer.

What difference would it make, if there was another reason ? Life is too short to be wasting your time trying to understand other people's likes and dislikes (pet hates even...).

If you like them or think they are OK....fine. Others might think differently.

Such is life !!! :)

Advertisement