Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leicester City vs Manchester United Match Thread. 21/9/'14 k/o 13.30 Sky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,314 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

duffman13 wrote: »
    RVP has been close to a passenger today really poor IMO

He has been a passenger for the last 18 months .

Back to the drawing board for Van Gaal ,last week was a false dawn like so many last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Think you need to re-read my second point. Never once did I blame him for the goals after. As I have said fair play to leiscter. We went into meltdown and they played really well...amaturish by us and defending was comical.

But if he had have given the correct decision to give rafeal a free out none of the above would have happened. At 3-1 we looked comfortable

It's Rafael, Mick.

Rafael.

On you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

game over at 3-1 ref gave them a present, however no excuse for the fall apart after that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Nib wrote: »
    You're the one that quoted a Balotelli tweet.

He plays for Liverpool.

I quoted a Balotelli tweet ABOUT THE GAME

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

8-10 wrote: »
    Perhaps I am but I'm nearly sure I saw posts of the 'FFS ref' ilk after the 2nd one. I'll take a look back after the game - apologies if I got it wrong.

Some blinkered fan may have said it but I agree the 2nd one was a stonewall peno and a red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

opps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

VanGaal wrote:
    "I know everything about the team [Leicester], about individuals, substitutes, what the atmosphere will be like in the stadium, how they take free-kicks, everything."

Eeeeh right....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Think you need to re-read my second point. Never once did I blame him for the goals after. As I have said fair play to leiscter. We went into meltdown and they played really well...amaturish by us and defending was comical.

But if he had have given the correct decision to give rafeal a free out none of the above would have happened. At 3-1 we looked comfortable

I agreed with your second point.

Mine was more to do with the ref and his impact on the game, United fell apart

My other points were just my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That was great. Really, really great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Liverpool and Utd combined wouldn't be top and Chelsea would have a game in hand. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

GavRedKing wrote: »

Clattenburg killed Utd as the 1st penalty was a joke of a decision for the foul on Rafael after that Leciester were excellent.

But that was a shoulder to shoulder, there was no foul on Rafael.
    Refael was silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

will ya ever **** off for yourself with welbeck, absolute idiot
    Never. Worst management decision in my lifetime of supporting the club.
    rob316 wrote: »
    This game just begs the question how bad are qpr?
    Everyone knew or now knows how bad. Now we know Utd have not improved much at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

duffman13 wrote: »
    Some blinkered fan may have said it but I agree the 2nd one was a stonewall peno and a red.

I just hope Leicester get the credit they deserve for that performance rather than the ref. Bad decisions will be made but end of the day there's 4 other goals that could be avoided.

Blackett off, Evans injured, should be throwing all the money at Hummels in January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

A tip for Man Utd fans...in future,before laughing at others misfortune you might want to make sure your own team isn't laughably rubbish in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Shocking result for United but saying that still within range of Everton, Liverpool, Spurs and Man City (ATM). Long way to go until the season is over and I wouldnt read too much into the last 35 minutes where United imploded as a sign of things to come. They just panicked can happen to any team.

For Leicester a great result and they need to keep this momentum up, only one defeat and have played United, Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea already, good start to avoid relegation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

8-10 wrote: »
    Perhaps I am but I'm nearly sure I saw posts of the 'FFS ref' ilk after the 2nd one. I'll take a look back after the game - apologies if I got it wrong.

No doubt it was a foul by Blackett. Martin Keown think he was fouled before that which I agree with.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Lets be miserable together!!

I went a bit mad on friday and made Jonny Evans my captain in FF "oh they'll keep a clean sheet they will". I am officially an idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Fudge You wrote: »
    Refael was silly

You don't really believe this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Liverpool and Utd combined wouldn't be top and Chelsea would have a game in hand. :pac:

United and Liverpool fans banter about who's going to be in champions league next year... They way both teams are playing I can't see it being either of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rooney seemed too busy playing Captain in the 2nd half & completely forgot he was meant to be our number 10,had zero influence on the game.RVP was anonymous,should have been subbed instead of Falcao.

The gaping hole in the centre of our defence really needs sorting.Very little LVG can do when our 2 CB's go missing.

• daRobot wrote: »
    It's Rafael, Mick.

Rafael.

On you go.

That's the best you got? I'm on a mobile posting. Why don't you try adding something constructive to the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

The fact united have literally spent more than any team in the world to buy their way back into the top 4 are leaking 5 goals to leicester is absolutely incredible.

It just shows money cant change everything around quickly . Incredible stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

My oh my LOL what a great result great day all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

United have bought poor and its showing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Refael was silly

Rafael was born to be silly. Some of his decision making is really mind boggling.

Anyway, Leicester will take a lot of points at home they were well up for it. Even at 3-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

You couldn't make this $hit up :D

You don't really believe this.

Shoulder to shoulder, it was fair.

I said the same when utd blame the ref for the peno, Rafael's fault.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This is like a messy reverse of the thread yesterday. I wish utd and Liverpool fans would stop acting the maggot on opposing match threads when the other is doing badly, but I might as well wish for the wind to stop blowing.

That doesn't mean that I didn't immensely enjoy the game today, much like utd fans probably enjoyed the games yesterday but it's still not getting us anywhere and going around in circles.

Can't we all just get along, etc, etc. Kum-bi-ya and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Actually think that was the best thing that could have to United. It's a dose of their limitations and it happened so early in the season. They'll only grow and grow from here. Some very positive signs. Defensive positioning completely deserted them and that wasn't the back line that was the midfield line. Lack of a DM showed. But they can learn from that.

Horribly unlucky with the blatant foul on Rafael, but he was still incredibly stupid to charge Vardy's back. Blatant penalty. Referees often miss one tackle and penalise the next. They're human. The capitulation though was completely unexpected. Rooney lambasted his players and for the fourth goal he was the fastest United player on the field. Which when you think about it shouldn't be the case.

As an aside: Eamon Dunphy is probably feeling very smug around now.

• Advertisement

United have bought superb attackers & midfielders,forgot about how the defenders are made from glass and forget how to defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

First Leicester goal and the ball was out of play before the cross .

Bad decisions made.

Hilarious and fantastic result.

Gtf in there Leicester, incredible stuff! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

A tip for Man Utd fans...in future,before laughing at others misfortune you might want to make sure your own team isn't laughably rubbish in the first place.

I salute you sir!

Again, you don't really believe that.

You know it was a foul. No excuses, like. We were ****e. But it was a foul

• Fudge You wrote: »

I will post it for you its on YouTube. He was pushed with an arm out that is not shoulder to shoulder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Not poor, but ill-advised. They didn't need to buy any forwards (Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez and LVG in place), and they lost three experienced defenders in the summer (Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra). Yet LVG decides to go out and spend a ridiculous amount of money on forwards, leaving the likes of Jones, Smalling, Blackett and Evans as potential defenders. Bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

And now it's time to unfollow the thread.

I'm embarrassed for you.

5starpool wrote: »
    This is like a messy reverse of the thread yesterday. I wish utd and Liverpool fans would stop acting the maggot on opposing match threads when the other is doing badly, but I might as well wish for the wind to stop blowing.

That doesn't mean that I didn't immensely enjoy the game today, much like utd fans probably enjoyed the games yesterday but it's still not getting us anywhere and going around in circles.

Can't we all just get along, etc, etc. Kum-bi-ya and all that.

Yeah to be fair, United and Liverpool fans do enjoy slagging each other but if we both look at the table things aren't looking too great.

For Leicester fans no doubt they will be delighted, if they can keep getting points from big teams until December they will have a real chance of avoiding the drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I blame bad riffing for the second goal, but that doesn't change the utter implosion afterwards. :/

wenger-guitar-man1-386x198.gif

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Yeah to be fair, United and Liverpool fans do enjoy slagging each other but if we both look at the table things aren't looking too great.

For Leicester fans no doubt they will be delighted, if they can keep getting points from big teams until December they will have a real chance of avoiding the drop.

Leicester are above both of us.:o

Again, you don't really believe that.

You know it was a foul. No excuses, like. We were ****e. But it was a foul

I see you are a utd fan. So therefore you are biased and you Believe utd were done by the ref...
    Again it was shoulder to shoulder, Refael was not expecting it and fell over, still not a foul, a solid but fair shoulder...

I see you are a utd fan. So therefore you are biased and you Believe utd were done by the ref...
    Again it was shoulder to shoulder, Refael was not expecting it and fell over, still not a foul, a solid but fair shoulder...

Two former Liverpool captains disagree with you.A barge followed by a dive in their opinion.

I will post it for you its on YouTube. He was pushed with an arm out that is not shoulder to shoulder

I saw the gif, and watched it many times on tv.
    Please stop blaming the ref.

Lol

Well it really comes down to personal perspectives, I was watching and chatting to Arsenal fans who even thought it was a free against Rafael.

End of the day its done, complaining won't change anything now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Looking forward to seeing the 20 time champions tomorrow.

1-4

so close:pac:

I saw the gif, and watched it many times on tv.
    Please stop blaming the ref.

Hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Hilarious and fantastic result.

Gtf in there Leicester, incredible stuff! :)
    Result was more than fair based on the performance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement