Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leicester City vs Manchester United Match Thread. 21/9/'14 k/o 13.30 Sky

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

The Rafael penalty was a joke, what was Clattenburg on about? Not only was Rafael fouled right before the incident, but the actual penalty decision was terrible, too. It looked like Clattenburg was looking for something and found it. Terrible.

Anyway. After the knee jerk euphoria following the QPR win this may show Utd fans that it won't be this easy. Just spend 150m and off into the sunset living happily ever after. Not going to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

10649866_855145121162529_1373296140180414580_n.jpg?oh=9bd0d067225575a13b5bf6000199dc81&oe=54C0478B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

0-5, Di Maria hat trick.

almost;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

BTW vardy looks like that deformed guy from the film 300.
    In other news = 5-3 lol

Looking forward to seeing the 20 time champions tomorrow.

1-4
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

United have bought poor and its showing
    Have to agree.

The Falcao signing still baffles me. No doubting his quality and his record at Athletico but he is an aging striker coming back from a serious knee injury, while we had potentially one of the best strikers in the league in Welbeck who offers so much more to the team as a whole with his energy and work rate and link up play.

The only way the Falcao singing will be justified is if he scores goals, and more goals than Welbeck.

So far, it's Falcao/LVG 0 - 1 Welbeck

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Should be a comprehensive win for utd this is were the lack of midweek Champions League games should make a difference

should be :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What do Richard 111 and Man Utd have in common?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

3-1, not unlike our neighbours

oh
    MagicIRL wrote: »
    cFyaHWU.gif

Happy Days who scored for Chelsea? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Im not staying in here because im sick of the Liverpool vs United threads every time either of them are playing anyone but ill sum it up as far as im concerned.

United where comfortable in that game 2-0 up 3-1 up that should of been that. Now the first peno was a stupid situation he clearly floored him and i could tell right away as soon as Rafeal got up he was going to respond in some way but the fact is he shouldn't of even been in the situation it was a free out.

Full credit to Leicester they where well up for it and will give anyone a game but Uniteds defense couldn't cope and as soon as Di Maria went off it was game over.

United lost that game because they where not able to deal with the pressure put on them both by the ref giving Leicester a life line and Leicester being more up for it in the last twenty or thirty minutes.

No point being bitter about it though far as im concerned its there the team is good enough to finish top four but theres massive issues at the back that need to be sorted in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

To those who were in the Liverpool West Ham thread, I am f*cking chuffed for you. You's know who you are.

I love karma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

To be fair Rafael was definitely fouled and I don't know how Clattenberg gave that as a penalty. I would be livid if that happened against Liverpool.

United and Liverpool's defence are both shocking. Fair chance both teams won't make the top4.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

You don't really believe this.

No one believes it, not even the most anti Utd supporter but it won't stop it being posted repeatedly on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

What do Richard 111 and Man Utd have in common?
    Both buried in Leicester (with thanks to Twitter!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

zerks wrote: »
    Two former Liverpool captains disagree with you.A barge followed by a dive in their opinion.

I missed them, I flicked over to the gaa. The gif was posted earlier on this thread.

Barge? I completely disagree with the Liverpool Captains.
    Dive? Sure there was contact, gary neville said you are stupid not to go down if there is contact.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Fudge You wrote: »
    I see you are a utd fan. So therefore you are biased and you Believe utd were done by the ref...
    Again it was shoulder to shoulder, Refael was not expecting it and fell over, still not a foul, a solid but fair shoulder...

I'm biased the other way. This is not gaelic football where it's expected and legal. That is a foul all day in the game now, not to mention the 'foul' for the penalty itself was soft at best.

Both Liverpool and utd will struggle to get top 4 the way things are looking but it's stupidly early days yet. Many a conclusion was drawn in September that were shown to be foolish knee jerk opinions a few months later. Utd will score a lot of goals this season, but they will concede a lot too. With Blackett and Evans out next weekend it'll presumably be Shaw and Smalling in from the start and none of those 4 would inspire me with confidence in the current system if I were a utd fan.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hilarious

Great argument. You win this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

o-CLATTENBURG-570.jpg?2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

GavRedKing wrote: »
    5-3 is my call. Falcao to make a difference

Spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I see you are a utd fan. So therefore you are biased and you Believe utd were done by the ref...
    Again it was shoulder to shoulder, Refael was not expecting it and fell over, still not a foul, a solid but fair shoulder...

You are wrong though. No other way to put it. Suppose that's the end of the discussion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Feelings are hurt apparently and it's abandon thread for some. Look it's not the end of the world. It's early in the season for Utd. Still plenty of time to get back on track.

Great win for Leicester, good side and played well. I wouldn't want to play them tomorrow tbh. Also Cambiasso was a good signing. Very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

3-1, not unlike our neighbours

oh

You were saying ha ha :D

You are wrong though. No other way to put it. Suppose that's the end of the discussion.

No, I am not. Learn the laws of the game. And stop blaming the ref.
    All the best. Good discussion.

• Fudge You wrote: »
    Great argument. You win this one.

It's very clear on what your doing here at the end of this thread.

There's no argument with you it was clearly a foul but you keeping saying it was shoulder to shoulder when it was not there was an arm involved and Rafael was pushed.

In fairness to any of the other rival fans they have had a right laugh and fair play to them as I would do the same but they are also being sensible about. There posting gifs and jokes and I can understand the funny side of it.

You however are blatantly either in denial or just on the wind-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

No, I am not. Learn the laws of the game. And stop blaming the ref.
    All the best. Good discussion.

I'm not blaming the ref. Read any of my posts in here. I'd be reasonably confident in saying that you have never read the full laws of the game in your life.

• Augmerson wrote: »
    Feelings are hurt apparently and it's abandon thread for some. Look it's not the end of the world. It's early in the season for Utd. Still plenty of time to get back on track.

Great win for Leicester, good side and played well. I wouldn't want to play them tomorrow tbh. Also Cambiasso was a good signing. Very good.

He's a great buy. I know fitness is an issue considering his age but if he can give them 60-70 minutes each game it's a clever piece of transfer business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think Leicester should have went for more.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I dont know about you guys but Im skipping the chelsea-city game to watch this hot fan-on-fan action.
    I think the winner is determined by who gets the last word in before a mod shows up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I think the ref cost utd the game myself. But those are the breaks you have to learn to live with them. Utd are turning into a soft touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

we conceded 5 goals.

we deserved to lose.

better team won.

We just got to man the **** up here and admit its a shocking result.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I think Leicester should have went for more.
    They should have scored at least two more late on if Schlopp had squared the ball on both occasions instead of going alone. Doubt they are too bothered though. +2 for the GD. Probably a bit disappointed to concede two deflected goals though, was harsh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Highly entertaining game that was :pac:

we conceded 5 goals.

we deserved to lose.

better team won.

It's all about context though. Utd had that game won at 3-1. Leicester weren't getting back into the game until Clattenberg handed them a goal.

Granted Utd capitulated after that but it's not as straight forward as you are making out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

we conceded 5 goals.

we deserved to lose.

better team won.

Fair play.

Your manager seems to agree.

Only some deluded Utd fans who seem intent on putting the defeat down to the ref

• Advertisement

Utd fans blaming the ref for this defeat are pathetic. Blame him for the penalty decision all you want but to say the ref decided the outcome of this game is typical delusional behaviour by utd fanatics who refuse to see the flaws in their team, and I don't mean just in defence. The midfield isn't good enough and the new attacking unit is not the unstoppable force it's being made out to be.

adox wrote: »
    It's all about context though. Utd had that game won at 3-1. Leicester weren't getting back into the game until Clattenberg handed them a goal.
    I rest my case.

No game is won at 3-1 up with half an hour to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Granted Utd capitulated after that but it's not as straight forward as you are making out.

I understand that.

But 5 goals?

to concede 3 goals after that is shocking. like awful.

K4t wrote: »
    I rest my case.

No game is won at 3-1 up with half an hour to play.

You know what I meant but carry on............

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

It would nearly make sense to have a thread were United and Liverpool fans can just argue with each other instead of match threads, feel awful for any Leicester fans (how many few on the site) who are coming here to read about what people think about one of the best results for their team just to find United and Liverpool fans having a go at each other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

You were saying ha ha :D

I said nothing. Move along. Nothing to see here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Adamocovic wrote: »
    It would nearly make sense to have a thread were United and Liverpool fans can just argue with each other instead of match threads, feel awful for any Leicester fans (how many view on the site) who are coming here to read about what people think about one of the best results for their team just to find United and Liverpool fans having a go at each other.

You could have said the same for west ham fans yesterday!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Shocking from United but the collapse started with that decision by Clattenburgh. It let Leicester back in and then the ball falls to Cambiasso a minute or two later and suddenly the momentum has completely swung. Not sour grapes, that's what happened.

The collapse is disappointing though. United looked like a team that can play beautiful stuff but is brittle mentally. Hope it's not a sign of the future norm but things need to shore up and fast at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,279 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Surely they had it won at 3-2 aswell?

They are a shambles at the moment beating qpr doesn't mask that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

You could have said the same for west ham fans yesterday!

It is the same for West Ham yesterday but you hardly expect me to list out every team that have beaten United or Liverpool, it happens whenever United or Liverpool lose. Fans from both sides use it just to argue and slag each other.

You know what I meant but carry on............
    I really don't.

I said Leicester looked more dangerous than us going forward in the first half and apart from the first 10 minutes of the second half where we got on top for a period and got to 3-1, I still felt they were always a threat and most definitely in the game. The penalty certainly helped their cause but I still think the had it in them to score more goals. I don't think the penalty was as big as catalyst as being made out by Utd fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

It was bound to happen sooner or later with the cut of that defence but that was bizarre. Fair play to Leicester they're a very nice team to watch.

A minus 2 bet on the City United game in November is well worth a tenner or two

K4t wrote: »
    Utd have been poor and are lucky to be ahead. This team is going to be found out sooner rather than later. Can't rely on Di Maria to save you constantly and RVP is not the player he was two years ago.

Blackett is superb though.

great point dude true:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Adamocovic wrote: »
    feel awful for any Leicester fans (how many view on the site) who are coming here to read about what people think about one of the best results for their team just to find United and Liverpool fans having a go at each other.

He'll get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Leicester good value for the win, from the first whistle they went at it and showed no fear whatsoever, played some nice stuff.

The first penalty should not have happened, it was a foul on Raf and that was that. Those that are posting here saying other wise are very obviously on the wind up and should be ignored.

Aside from that though, we cannot complain about reffing decisions. We were shocking at the back and when it went 3-3 Leicester started to boss it in midfield.

Our substitutions were head scratching, Adnan for Falcao was bizarre, DiMaria looked our most effective attacking threat yet we took him off.

:confused:

We need two quality centre halves or we are going to find ourselves scrambling around 6th place like we did last year. We have had 5 games against what most would consider mid table at best teams but we have only 5 points. City or Chelsea will make mince meat of us as we are.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement