Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leicester City vs Manchester United Match Thread. 21/9/'14 k/o 13.30 Sky

1121314151618»

Comments

• kryogen wrote: »
    Yeah but its kind of like when the builders shout at a hot woman from their van or whatever, if she actually responds they don't have a ****ing clue what to do next

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

case885 wrote: »
    Shoudnt have been a penalty nor a free out rafeal was floored with a fair shoulder.

Do forearms make contact with opponents and fly out when you shoulder someone? Seems counterproductive...

kryogen wrote: »
    With so much chopping and changing you would hardly expect a coherent unit. The whole team needs to improve its defensive shape, and fast.

Well it's almost a new defense so will obviously take a while to settle. It's a mad league and it looks like it's gonna be as crazy as last season with most teams at the top losing their fair share of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Liam O wrote: »
    Do forearms make contact with opponents and fly out when you shoulder someone? Seems counterproductive...

When running yes i think they do, and he was changing direction after the shoulder. May aswell make soccer non contact if that was a free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Where are you getting the can't take it from? Anyone that replies to you seemingly can't take it, isn't that the reason you posted it? to get replies?
    You didn't reply to the point he was making. You and and the rest diverted the attention to Liverpool as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

When running yes i think they do, and he was changing direction after the shoulder. May aswell make soccer non contact if that was a free.

It would be a foul in GAA, shoulder is fair, pushing to gain an advantage isn't. It's really that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Shoudnt have been a penalty nor a free out rafeal was floored with a fair shoulder.

Van Gaal admitted it was a penalty and appeared to blame Rafael for reacting badly.

The one hope Utd. have is that their manager isn't as blinkered as their fans on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The biggest area of collective idiocy when it comes to the English league is that people never take into account new players or managers settling in.

The idea put forward over the summer by Utd fans and based only really on the fixture list that the team could just come along with a new manager and loads of new players and challenge straight away was rediculous. You know the whole 'top at the end of October' thing.

Similarly, the idea that ABU's are putting forward now that this team isn't good enough is equally rediculous. The quality in the team is super and they'll begin to tear it up fairly soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

kryogen wrote: »
    You may aswell have some too

Never touched him

http://gfycat.com/WhimsicalCoarseCattle

As an LFC fan its funny but speaking as a referee - two shocking decisions. You cannot shoulder barge another player like that when the ball is not in playing distance..... as for the pen....good lord

K4t wrote: »
    You didn't reply to the point he was making. You and and the rest diverted the attention to Liverpool as usual.

I don't care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Sorry but there is something quite funny about a team spending so much and then losing by 2 clear goals to Leicester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

He barely touched him, your man went down like a sack of spuds. Was he supposed to just leave him run at goal?

Rafael played in to his hands by charging up and going near him. All it made it look like was he was going after him for the shove, so any tip and over he goes.what he should have done is make the best of a bad situation and just prevent him cutting back in to have a shot or try get a block in when he goes to cross it but definitely give him a wide berth.

Rafael played in to his hands by charging up and going near him. All it made it look like was he was going after him for the shove, so any tip and over he goes.what he should have done is make the best of a bad situation and just prevent him cutting back in to have a shot or try get a block in when he goes to cross it but definitely give him a wide berth.

True but he had a few yards on him, it's not like he could get in front of him and stop the ball in. He had to do something, it's the forward that dropped to the ground, Rafael is far from the villain in that situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

See how cleanly the Chelsea v City thread went? Let it die lads. It's embarrassing at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Whether Rafael fouled him or not wouldn't even be up for discussion if the Ref had made the one of the most clear cut calls of the match which was the shoulder charge on Rafael. That was just a crazy call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Godge wrote: »
    Van Gaal admitted it was a penalty and appeared to blame Rafael for reacting badly.

The one hope Utd. have is that their manager isn't as blinkered as their fans on here.

You are talking ****.

Sorry but there is something quite funny about a team spending so much and then losing by 2 clear goals to Leicester

uhuh, or West Ham or a relegation bound QPR at home etc

Hilarity

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Leicester were good for the win today, I think a lot of people thought they'd just be destroyed by Utd. I think they could well cause more upsets and stay up, follow the Southampton model.

Also I understand this is the first time Utd have lost a Premier League game after having a two-goal lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Augmerson wrote: »
    Leicester were good for the win today, I think a lot of people thought they'd just be destroyed by Utd. I think they could well cause more upsets and stay up, follow the Southampton model.

Also I understand this is the first time Utd have lost a Premier League game after having a two-goal lead.

Yep - first time since 1984.

• Advertisement

Yep - first time since 1984.

The Premier League didn't exist in 1984. That's Division 1 you're thinking of mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Van Gaal continuing Moyes' legacy of breaking club records..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

The Premier League didn't exist in 1984. That's Division 1 you're thinking of mate.

I was agreeing with you and adding that it's the first time they've lost from a 2 goal lead since 1984.

I was agreeing with you and adding that it's the first time they've lost from a 2 goal lead since 1984.

Ah sorry. ****ing hell, 1984.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Should be a comprehensive win for utd this is were the lack of midweek Champions League games should make a difference

Eastenders was pretty draining this week I suppose!

Eastenders was pretty draining this week I suppose!

You would know, you only missed one night of it for the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Classy stuff allowing him to support your club. Standing there like the bees knees in his silly hat.

322903.jpg

BANG! another classic mate. I totally can't see the correlation of starting to supporting Manchester United in the 90s and having a need-to-win mentality. Theres no way that almost every single post of yours supports exactly that mindset at all.

I really don't know why its another Liverpool - Utd thing atm. Both played horrible. at least in Utd's case they can actually attack and show something up front

BMMachine wrote: »
    BANG! another classic mate. I totally can't see the correlation of starting to supporting Manchester United in the 90s and having a need-to-win mentality. Theres no way that almost every single post of yours supports exactly that mindset at all.

I really don't know why its another Liverpool - Utd thing atm. Both played horrible. at least in Utd's case they can actually attack and show something up front

Would you please stop following me around like a little obsessed schoolgirl. It's embarrassing for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

You would know, you only missed one night of it for the last few years.

Ah but the kat/alfie house fire story line wasnt running. That must have been extra draining!

Ah but the kat/alfie house fire story line wasnt running. That must have been extra draining!

I wouldn't know, you obviously do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Schwiiing wrote: »
    See how cleanly the Chelsea v City thread went? Let it die lads. It's embarrassing at this stage.

Weve only been rivals about 6 years though in fairness :pac:

• Advertisement

Would you please stop following me around like a little obsessed schoolgirl. It's embarrassing for you.

thats great and all but am I wrong? a real life Neville Diaries from football365 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Completely unintentional at times, but my word, United are the most fun team to watch in Europe right now.

thats great and all but am I wrong? a real life Neville Diaries from football365 :)

Wrong about what?

Don't think many people underestimated Leicester given the form they have shown so far?

Kryogen wrote:
    Don't think many people underestimated Leicester given the form they have shown so far?

Just about every Utd fan I know in real life has been going on about 3 points in the bag all week although there was one who was wary.

Also:
    Looking forward to seeing the 20 time champions tomorrow.

1-4
    0-5, Di Maria hat trick.
    MagicIRL wrote: »
    3-0 to United.
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    3-1 United.
    Think it will be a tough game for united in the opening twenty minutes, but once we get ahead we will dominate.

Win by three goals.
    Nolars wrote: »
    Gonna go with 3-0 Utd

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

davycc wrote: »
    Exactly I seen a funny pic yesterday somewhere where the caption read "spurs beat qpr 4-0 and nobody notices , Manu beat QPR 4-0 and everyone looses their minds" ;)

Very true a few Utd supporters in work declared all week we're back and lumped on at 9/1 to win the league. I think they will get top 4 as there is some amount of goals in the team but lots of people got very giddy after last week.

Just about every Utd fan I know in real life has been going on about 3 points in the bag all week although there was one who was wary.

Also:

You will see plenty of score predictions in these threads that are tongue in cheek, not going back to check all of them naturally, but I am sure that is the case for at least some of them. LVG did not underestimate them, he continued to stress how much of a test it would be, I have been banging that drum all week also and most United fans I have spoken to have also acknowledged it was going to be a tough match

Look in the superthread itself even over the past week, certainly not a lot of posters getting carried away with themselves about how easy it was going to be against Leicester.

They have given Chelsea a test at the bridge, they have held Arsenal and Everton, what else would you need to see they were going to be a tough challenge?

Wrong about what?

the correlation between how you post here on boards and why you support Manchester United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

If that penalty decision and foul had been given the other way and United turned around a two goal deficit there'd be people of all allegiances burning effigies of Mark Clattenberg.

the correlation between how you post here on boards and why you support Manchester United

There is no correlation. I've already stated my reasons for supporting United and how long I've supported them in another thread. Look for it if you could be bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

MOTD 2 on Comedy Central tonight at 10.30 for anyone interested.

There is no correlation. I've already stated my reasons for supporting United and how long I've supported them in another thread. Look for it if you could be bothered.

hokey doke, but nearly every post you make points right towards needing victories, which Man United provide for you.. well up until a year or so ago. You seem in it more for that reason than any other.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If we're going down the personal route, where people are discussing each other and not the game, I can close the topic early and save everyone the bother....

Might be for the best anyway in all seriousness

Edit: Not a lot of Leicester fans to interact with about the game and the post mortem can be continued on the superthread really, all this thread will do now is descend into farce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Also:

Lol

Christ ya can't even make a prediction without mister ****ing hindsight rubbing in your face.

I'm sure you won't mind next time I post something you got wrong and shove it up your hole ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Speaking of predictions, I predicted this thread would get messy.

Crazy hunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

For Leicester City that was a big win and that could be the win that helps them get some proper momentum to avoid relegation this season .

Lol

Christ ya can't even make a prediction without mister ****ing hindsight rubbing in your face.

I'm sure you won't mind next time I post something you got wrong and shove it up your hole ;)

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement