Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I have four days to pick a present for my Girlfriend's 21st

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Miss Lizzie Jones

gugleguy wrote: »
    What about the frilly hat?

Frilly hats are so 1940s. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Jesus fking wept. This is why the internet is a bad thing sometimes. Or, at least, for the people who are so lazy that they can't be bothered asking Prof Google, and come to Dr. AH instead.

I genuinely despair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Wizard christmas cd;-)

Trying to think what I would like with an 80e budget. I think the pandoras a good idea. Or maybe a watch with an engraving. River island handbag and benefit,maybe urban decay make up? That is expensive though. hard to think what to buy alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

What type of watch did she get?? Ur best bet is to go for another piece of jewellery to match it. Pandora bracelets are expensive and theres so many cheap imitations now too.. Links of London have fab stuff but again very expensive. Folli folli have beautiful stuff as does michael kors, bronzallure and alex and ani and all in your price range. My other half got me a michael kors watch 3 years ago for christmas and since then has got me 4 more pieces to match the watch (not all by Michael kors but all matching) all coming in under €100. I cherish every piece and they are worth a million euro to me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Petrol voucher :o something simple is good. 50-80 euro max I say. Ye not long together. Pandora charm bracelet or newbridge jewellery be nice as a 21st birthday present. Spa voucher is another one. You get one for at least around the €50-€80 range. Check out the grab one offers they might be handy to look at whats available. A nice handbag or purse on sale might be nice one from River Island? I'd go for benefit make up set rather than urban decay.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

Buy a thong. Wear it and give her a lapdance she'll never forget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Miss Lizzie Jones

What I'd like to know is, where do I find a guy willing to spend 80 euros on me for my birthday? :D

P.S. It's in November. :)

A nice treat away book something somewhere might be a nice idea or weekend away? Lots of lovely places to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

Good ceramic frying pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rachiedee4298

I got a charm bracelet from newbridge for my 21st - they are the best option to go with half the price of a pandora one

If she is a big fan of Harry potter why not book the tour of the set over in London? It's supposed to be amazing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Bafucin wrote: »
    You're over thinking....pick something from Argos and be done.

Would the Argos catalogue do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Quazzie wrote: »
    Surprise sex?

Just be certain that it's your girlfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

I feel much more relaxed about it now thanks for the help!

Just with charm bracelets you dont know if the holes for the charms are standard size or brand specific? i.e. only pandora charms will fit on pandore bracelets? Looking on their site it was 60 quid for the bracelet alone!

Is she a jewellery wearer? That's important to know. Does she wear bracelets? I would personally hate a Pandora charm bracelet; I don't like them at all and hate having stuff jangling about on my arms.

I think the Kindle (if she's a big reader) would a GREAT pressie. I have one and not to exaggerate, but it's the best damn thing I've ever owned. I bought this lovely pink leather cover for it too that's great quality and cheap (don't know if it's available via amazon over there...

http://www.ebay.es/sch/sis.html?_nkw=FUNDA%20DE%20CUERO%20AMAZON%20ORIGINAL%20KINDLE%204%205%206%20LIBRO%20TAPA%20PIEL%20ROSA&_itemId=360920268782

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

If she's into reading what about a Kindle?

• Advertisement

Hey, the idea just came to me: what about a kindle if she loves reading?

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭MortGoldman

Is she an enthusiastic consumer of literature? If so, one could consider a Kindle?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

You can get lovely, cheaper non-branded but still proper silver or gold charm bracelets too. I've had one since my 15th birthday and it's filled with charms from everywhere. It's great because you don't have to search for a particular brand wherever you go.

A kindle is a great idea too. You might be able to get a HP themed cover too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

You can get replicas of jewellery worn by characters in the harry potter films, you might find something she'd like as a piece and it would just be a perk it had something to do with the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Anything to be said for another Kindle?

• Advertisement

If she is an avid reader then ya a Kindle be ideal if she hasn't got one. Jewellery from Argos or Brown Thomas any jewellery be grand once it not too cheap/pricey in between be about right. You couldn't go wrong with Newbridge and lasts very well. Not many guys would spend €80 on a girl...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Bring her up to Tayto Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

doovdela wrote: »
    Not many guys would spend €80 on a girl...

Yeah???
    I've been getting fleeced so!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

What about a pair of slippers and a dildo?

If she doesn't like the slippers she can go f**k herself

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    LexieOnRale gave great suggestions, can't go wrong with a River Island bag or a Pandora bracelet.

The only two other suggestions I have would be a kindle for her for reading, they cost about €80 and are amazing, I love mine.

The other thing was HP pyjamas that Penney's are currently stocking. They're really cool Quidditch style pj's, and I think they only cost about €15 quid. Not hugely expensive but if she's a a HP fan she'll love them! Someone bought me some this week as a random gift and I was very impressed and I'm also a huge HP fan.

Good luck, let us know what you get! :)

Went with the Pandora bracelet in the end - sent a picture to the mother and she was impressed with my (and the woman in the shops) taste. Set me back a bit though but its something she'll have an make getting gifts in the future that much easier ;)

Might pick up the HP PJs too as they sound like a good idea and she loves her PJs!

Could I interest you in a Kindle for your lovely girlfriend?

Ah, you're a sweet fella, OP. Hope she likes it. Let us know!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Get her a pair of expensive high heels and you'll have the best night of your life. I dunno what it is with women and shoes but it always goes down handsomely well.

I got a charm bracelet from newbridge for my 21st - they are the best option to go with half the price of a pandora one

If she is a big fan of Harry potter why not book the tour of the set over in London? It's supposed to be amazing

Already been Im afraid!

She also has a kindle already for those suggesting that!

Could I interest you in a Kindle for your lovely girlfriend?

Ah, you're a sweet fella, OP. Hope she likes it. Let us know!! :)

Who said I was a fella? Duh duh duh.. plot twist.

Only kidding!

I'll be giving it to her next week and will report back to AH with the verdict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Who said I was a fella? Duh duh duh.. plot twist.

Only kidding!

I'll be giving it to her next week and will report back to AH with the verdict.

And what about the present?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

By her something that every 21 year old girl wants - A years subscription to Boards.ie.
    She'l enjoy many benefits including:
    • Custom avatars
    • A personal Blog (which is like an online diary or simply rant space if you so wish).
    • Photo webspace/galleries. 5 megabytes of slideshowable picture space on the internet. You can save your pictures there and have them rated by others too. Plus you can link from outside boards to the picture.
    • yourname@bmail.ie email address.
    • Funky red coloured stars underneath your name.
    • Access to the Sex and Sexuality board.
    • The ability to turn on/off banner advertising in your UserCP
    • And most importantly you get a warm fuzzy feeling from the knowledge that you are participating in keeping one of your favourite sites on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

I honestly have no idea what to get so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've gotten her perfume before so that's really off the table and was looking into a handbag from BT but nearly fainted when I saw the prices..

We've been going out about 8 months and budget wise was thinking about 80 quid (I've already arranged for flowers and stuff on the day).

Hobbies wise she's quite into her reading and was (and still is really) a big fan of the Harry Potter series although I dont think that'd it'd be a main source of a present but maybe a small side one. Anything would do at this stage but ideally something she'd have to keep in like 10 years time.

And NOT a ring thank

my friend loves harry potter too and I got her snitch earrings online. They were really beautiful and she loved them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

I feel old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Racing gear is best option now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

World of Tanks game credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

kowloon wrote: »
    World of Tanks game credit.

She is 21, games are for kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

She is 21, 21 year olds are kids. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

There's some really girly girls in here and I've no idea what they're saying :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Get her an acceptance letter from Hogwarts!

That will get rid of her for a few years.

blade1 wrote: »
    Yeah???
    I've been getting fleeced so!:mad:

No its not that some guys can't afford to spend that much others are lucky that they can that's all. €40-€80 be about right for a 21st birthday present when its for a girlfriend.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

No its not that some guys can't afford to spend that much others are lucky that they can that's all. €40-€80 be about right for a 21st birthday present when its for a girlfriend.;)

My fella must be hard done by. I'd be expecting non occasion presents to be costing that.

I wouldn't expect guys to give presents or spend too much at all its the thought that counts but be special to get something nice for her 21st though. Presents don't define a relationship.

Perfume is nice too but you'd need an idea what type or brand she likes.

Perfume is nice too but you'd need an idea what type or brand she likes.

The present is bought! He got the Pandora bracelet in the end.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It's her 21st, could you not spend a bit more than 80 euro on her? Maybe stretch it to the 150? You could get her an alex and ani bracelet with her birth stone attached these are very cheap, under €30. You could get her a voucher for bts and a bunch of flowers since stars going to be 21. It's a special birthday and I think 80 euro is going to really limit you.

Edit: just realised you already went for the pandora.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

€80 is not a small amount to spend on a present!

We're still in a recession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

€80 is not a small amount to spend on a present!

We're still in a recession.

If you are referring to me I never said it was a small amount, I said it was limiting for a 21st gift for your gf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

anna080 wrote: »
    If you are referring to me I never said it was a small amount, I said it was limiting for a 21st gift for your gf.

21st presents must have gone up a bit since my day so, my ex got me a present which cost a lot less than that and it was a good present.

I think 80 is more than enough particularly if some thought/effort is put into it

• Advertisement
Advertisement