Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trainer road:which cadence sensor

Options
  • 20-09-2014 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Ok just got my first indoor trainer. No I'm not a wimp, just now in Canada where winter cycling is not just unpleasant but would lead to frozen body parts falling off!

Anyway I'm going to get trainer road. I don't have a sensor as I normally use a GPS outdoors so can anyone recommend one to get that will have cadence and speed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Garmin GSC10 is what I use, works perfectly since the day I bought it. About 35 quid on Amazon.

Don't forget you need an Ant+ stick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

pointer28 wrote: »
    Garmin GSC10 is what I use, works perfectly since the day I bought it. About 35 quid on Amazon.

Don't forget you need an Ant+ stick too.

+1 I use the Garmin GSC10 too and it's perfect for trainer road

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JohnBee

Awesome thanks guys! Does that sensor do speed AND cadence?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Yes, both

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JohnBee

Done! Gonna pick one up today! Thanks guys.

Does anyone have the suunto USB stick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

yup have the suunto stick and garmin sensor, works perfect for trainer road

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lance Vance

Garmin also have magnetless sensors. I have the cadence sensor and am very happy with it.
    I can't post links but google DC Rainmaker review of garmin speed and cadence magnet-less sensor.

Advertisement