Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Utd v Liverpool, Sat Sept 20th, KO@17:30, SS1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

niallo27 wrote: »
    Only a blip on the way to glory.

Shouldn't that be only third SLIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    How much did united spend over the summer?

And they're not even in the CL, or the worthless cup come to think of it.....

West Ham play like a gang of boggers, 3 points for them alright, but I thought the Wimbledon model was long gone....

What has United got to do with it?

Pool were out played by West Ham not bad for a gang of boggers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Robson99 wrote: »
    Shouldn't that be only third SLIP

I've seen some bad jokes on boards but this really takes the biscuit :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

To early for Rogers-out.com website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

yabadabado wrote: »
    What has United got to do with it?

Pool were out played by West Ham not bad for a gang of boggers.

A united fan brought up how much Liverpool spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

BMJD wrote: »
    World Cup hangover to be blown away by Balotelli-inspired thrashing.

Mad Mario smashes Hammers.

4-1 Liverpool.

Someone ban this moron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Who he supports is irrelevant.

Thats irrelevant .Can a rival supporter not ask a genuine question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The Everton game is going to be a cracker next Saturday

Not even Moyes managed to lose 3 games in a row last season, and by god he tried, a tough game for all involved

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

De-feckin-lighted!!!!
    Played some wonderful stuff. Hung on towards the end but there weren't any massively clear cut chances. Amalfitano's finish was top class.

Kudos to Sam. Played a blinder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Liverpool are an injury to Sterling away from a disaster imo.

Relegation battle beckons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Is sterling the only Liverpool player who would get into Chelsea or City team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

De-feckin-lighted!!!!
    Played some wonderful stuff. Hung on towards the end but there weren't any massively clear cut chances. Amalfitano's finish was top class.

Kudos to Sam. Played a blinder.
    You fully deserved the win. Not sure I'd agree with you about Amalfitano's finish though; it looked suspiciously like a toe poke to me! Sakho's goal though; now THAT was class. And I'd guess that he meant it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

blueser wrote: »
    You fully deserved the win. Not sure I'd agree with you about Amalfitano's finish though; it looked suspiciously like a toe poke to me! Sakho's goal though; now THAT was class. And I'd guess that he meant it.

A toe poke is a legitimate way of finishing if your instep won't reach. It was a good finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭bennyl10

What difference does who they support matter?.
    Looking for a fight when none exist..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

:confused: It was 100% a toe poke. Didn't know there was a rule against it?

In fact one of the best goals I've ever seen was also a toe poke (Ronaldinho against Chelsea in the CL).

K4t wrote: »
    :confused: It was 100% a toe poke. Didn't know there was a rule against it?

In fact one of the best goals I've ever seen was also a toe poke (Ronaldinho against Chelsea in the CL).
    I've just re-read my post, and I can't find any mention by me of toepokes being against the rules.

I've just re-read my post, and I can't find any mention by me of toepokes being against the rules.
    Fair enough but your use of the word 'suspiciously' suggests that you deem a toe poke to lack some kind of merit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Ronaldo, the Brazilian one, used to score a lot of toe pokes and scuffed shots and he was one of the best finishers ever. He hit it early with his right rather than letting it go on his left, not much use though that Mig failed to move (again :( )

Well done West Ham well deserved, we did not do enough to even deserve a draw

K4t wrote: »
    Fair enough but your use of the word 'suspiciously' suggests that you deem a toe poke to lack some kind of merit?
    You're reading something in my original post, more than I intended. Of course a toepoke has it's uses/merits as was proved this evening. I still think that Sakho's goal was a more skillful finish though. Read my earlier post again. End of the day though, both goals are of equal value. And I'm sure Amalfitano doesn't give a flying fu whatever what I think of his goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Well done to West Ham, a fantastic result for them.

I think Liverpool are in for a very long and difficult season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Gerrard should take a leaf out of Totti's book.

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

?

I got a fright for a moment after reading that and thought Totti had quietly retired recently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Thought Liverpool struggled badly down the right side especially , if Downing was a better crosser things could have been worse.

I actually thought they missed glen Johnson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

If he able to control a toe peg like that what the **** is he doing on the bench for west ham. It was a fluke of a goal and it didn't really matter at that stage as liverpool never looked like scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If he able to control a toe peg like that what the **** is he doing on the bench for west ham. It was a fluke of a goal and it didn't really matter at that stage as liverpool never looked like scoring.

Doesn't matter if he put it in the net with his mickey. It counts. That's all that matters.

Toe peg? Who calls it that? Apart from you obviously.
    Didn't look like a fluke to me anyway.

It wasn't, it was an excellent finish. He knew what he was doing and calmly toe poked it into the corner. Bit insulting to call it a fluke.

Doesn't matter if he put it in the net with his mickey. It counts. That's all that matters.

I never said it didn't count though.

Toe peg? Who calls it that? Apart from you obviously.
    Didn't look like a fluke to me anyway.

It was a toe peg back in my day. Why do you kids call it these days.

• Advertisement

It was a toe peg back in my day. Why do you kids call it these days.

A bog-toe :)
    And my day was probably your day or before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,059 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Gotta say it looks like Liverpool's best chance to win the EPL has passed them by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

:) Sam Allardyce - Tactical Genius.

Crazy thing is there still ahead of utd and only a point behind city but yet it's the end of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Not too surprised Liverpool dropped points but I am shocked how bad they were.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Gotta say it looks like Liverpool's best chance to win the EPL has passed them by.
    last year really was a great chance and they let it slip.Won't be near winning it this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

last year really was a great chance and they let it slip.Won't be near winning it this year.

It's between Man City and Chelsea really, 1 of those will win it. Liverpool were not going to win the EPL this season. Retaining the CL spot is the realistic aim. But with performances like today that looks remote. Rodgers really got it wrong today.

Augmerson wrote: »
    It's between Man City and Chelsea really, 1 of those will win it. Liverpool were not going to win the EPL this season. Retaining the CL spot is the realistic aim. But with performances like today that looks remote. Rodgers really got it wrong today.

He made very poor decisions today.Big pressure on players now with CL during the week.He really needs the new signings to click soon.
    I think he made a big mistake not buying a top class midfielder during the summer.Midfield was very poor today.

Crazy thing is there still ahead of utd and only a point behind city but yet it's the end of the world.

The beginning of the end really I would imagine, the beginning of the end of the line for the usual optimism you get early season from the pool fans (not every one of them naturally) ....sure ye had a good run last year, I am sure plenty will live on the memory of that for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

kryogen wrote: »
    The beginning of the end really I would imagine, the beginning of the end of the line for the usual optimism you get early season from the pool fans (not every one of them naturally) ....sure ye had a good run last year, I am sure plenty will live on the memory of that for a while.

Well they did bring out a book on it.

zerks wrote: »
    Well they did bring out a book on it.

? Dafuq? For cereal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

? Dafuq? For cereal?

Oh the lols are glorious.

Your right. Relegation this year I think. Out of the football league by 2017.

Liverpool's 2013/14 campaign was no ordinary football season. It was the season when everything changed. A year of hope, fantasy, adventure; where joyous reclamation met crushing disappointment and won. A season defined by many individuals, moments,goals and memories. A time when the brand of heroic and daring football - and footballers that seemed consigned to the sepia toned era of the game s past returned. It was a season when millions of Liverpool supporters dared to dream again.
    LOL.Who buys this ****e.

LOL.Who buys this ****e.

a1iis6.jpg

• Advertisement

Doesn't every club bring out a DVD of the previous season.

Yes I think so but that's a book.Its the blurb I'm laughing at.

But how many bring out books on the glory of not winning the league?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/We-Go-Again-2013-14-Season/dp/0957349858/ref=pd_sim_b_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0A9CG44VWKR4DAKRYQKB

I don't know did you try any other club than liverpool.

Fair play to them bringing out two books about losing.Imagine if they won the league what would be produced .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement