Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 5 Matchday Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

After yesterdays returns I am looking for Naismith and Aguero to score well today to offset Wellbecks points by my main rival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Nope I have Evans, Mata and Rooney.

A lot of lads in my league have Rooney captain or Di Maria -I'd like a shut out an no one to score points - captain Welbeck did the biz for me so an Evans clean sheet and maybe my Chelsea boys (Azpil, Fabregas, Costa) to do something would be perfect

You're taking quite a narrow view of the game there, you can't always be defending, most of those guys in your league will have fallen away at the business end of the season, you'll want as many points as possible. Now I understand that this is a ridiculous post because nothing you do can change the outcomes of the games, it's just that you'll find a bit more peace by hopingyour team scores as many as possible without worrying unduly about loads of other players. It's only when a massive majority have a captain and you don't(but you have him in your team) that you hope for one of your players not to do well.(IMO)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

You're taking quite a narrow view of the game there, you can't always be defending, most of those guys in your league will have fallen away at the business end of the season, you'll want as many points as possible. Now I understand that this is a ridiculous post because nothing you do can change the outcomes of the games, it's just that you'll find a bit more peace by hopingyour team scores as many as possible without worrying unduly about loads of other players. It's only when a massive majority have a captain and you don't(but you have him in your team) that you hope for one of your players not to do well.(IMO)

Well a Rooney hat trick today, while I have him, would be a disaster, as 70% of my league I'd say captained him.

But I get where you're coming from!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

On 33 mainly thanks to Sterling and Welbeck. Costa (c), Fabregas, Azpi, Di Maria and Aguero to play. Ramsey's blank is a blessing.

Up to the lofty heights of 8,509 overall, 644 in Ireland.

Delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rooney is the main danger to me today......don't have him (have falcao) and lots have him captained
    I would not be too unhappy of Costa did not start either !

• Advertisement

Mata dropped for Falcao

United XI: De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Blackett, Rojo, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria, Falcao, Rooney, van Persie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

disaster..... rooney playing deep :(

poop! switched captaincy from falcao to siggy for fear of falcao starting !
    cud have been a chance to make up a lot of ground. ah well at least he starts and most lads don't have him

Lloris, Dier, Kaboul (c), Chiriches, Rose; Capoue, Dembele; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Adebayor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Bugger. Clyne 1st sub will probably be blocked late on too.

Looks like the security of ADM will be my plan going forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

there goes mata from my team

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Glad I got rid of Mata last week now even though I lost his goal. Hope Rooney(c) in the hole still does the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

United XI: De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Blackett, Rojo, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria, Falcao, Rooney, van Persie

Nightmare took rvp out for rooney. Waste of a transfer if roo will be playing deeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Well I've had 4 good weeks, and I enjoyed it while it lasted :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am happy with this line up. Di Maria and Captain Falcao to the rescue of my gameweek!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Los Cafeteros

I feel slightly less apprehensive now after doing rooney----costa and mata--- di maria this week.

Would still expect Rooney to get something from the game if he plays behind RVP/Falcao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

And just like that Mata is no longer a player anyone can realistically have in FPL unless RVP breaks himself for a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Could really do with a blank from Utd today! Can't see it happening with that attack force though!

Geoff Shreeves is such an odious repugnant sycophant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Could really do with a blank from Utd today! Can't see it happening with that attack force though!

yeah its scary looking alright, its how i predicted they'd set up in attack with the new signings (remains to be seen if rotation is an issue). cacking myself here as i have no United attacking coverage - would still fear Roon more than ADM this week, the jury's still out on ADM for me fpl-wise despite last weeks haul. Falcao is who i'll be watching most tho... if that boy's starting every week he'll be straight in to my team!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Really? And this has what exactly to do with Fantasy Football??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

disaster..... rooney playing deep :(

LVG comments would suggest Rooney be playing more midfield role to come

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Well, this is a set-up for disaster. Adapt and conquer, eh? Depending on how today goes, I imagine I'll be bringing Falcao in.

:confused:
    FHFC wrote: »
    Really? And this has what exactly to do with Fantasy Football??

Not sure, I always found him to be erudite, convivial and equitable meself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

manual_man wrote: »
    yeah its scary looking alright, its how i predicted they'd set up in attack with the new signings (remains to be seen if rotation is an issue). cacking myself here as i have no United attacking coverage - would still fear Roon more than ADM this week, the jury's still out on ADM for me fpl-wise despite last weeks haul. Falcao is who i'll be watching most tho... if that boy's starting every week he'll be straight in to my team!!

Yeah Falcao is one to watch but i already have Costa & Aguero and can't fit another top striker into my team so unless either of that pair end up sidelined with injury he will remain on the watch list. I'll likely be shipping Ramsey out for ADM this week depending how he looks today! It's still out for jury who the 3rd striker spot is going to be, currently have Adebayor but that will more than likely change to either Pellé/Welbeck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

:confused:

Not sure, I always found him to be erudite, convivial and equitable meself

p.o.t.d. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ace2007 wrote: »
    LVG comments would suggest Rooney be playing more midfield role to come

I wish he had said this on Friday before I brought rooney in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

km79 wrote: »
    poop! switched captaincy from falcao to siggy for fear of falcao starting !
    cud have been a chance to make up a lot of ground. ah well at least he starts and most lads don't have him

My captain:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

322889.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have warned you multiple times about posting like this on FSA. If you donut again you are getting a ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Mmmmmm donuts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Mata will be on for 30mins when he's needed to create something. LVG bottled it. Rooney ain't that player. Have Chambers to come in but would still nearly opt for Mata.

Ah well, Juan I appreciate you but I'll have to let you go this week.

zerks wrote: »
    My captain:)

I fear/hope I may have missed the falcao captaincy boat today
    if he scores today a lot will be tempted next week
    ah well I need the points either way and I support united :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

replaced falc with captain adebayor

should be interesting
    couldnt take a chance that falc might not start
    looks like a game with goals to me, hope im wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

FUUUU.. honestly surprised about Mata. I've been saying he won't be dropped unless he's injured / rested but I guess I was wrong.

Was really hoping I wouldn't need to lose that 0.2 on him.. But hello Di Maria

was thinking of bringing chambers in but he gets booked evrytime he plays

schmeichel denies rvp

Poor attempt RVP, brilliant ball in from ADM though

1-0 rvp falcao assist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

RVP goal, Falcao assist

RVP (Falcow)

that's a step closer to rooney going out of my team ha

RVP goal, Falcao assist

falcao assist.....no Rooney points. perfect :)

2-0 di maria rooney assist

wow Utd are teh sexeh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Yes! Di maria and Rooney goal + assist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Shiiiiit Di Maria goal, Rooney assist.

What a finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I was just about to comment on how pants RVP was looking, two good chances squandered. But a lovely cross from Falcao for the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

2-1

• Advertisement
Advertisement