Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden pages Google Adwords

Options
  • 20-09-2014 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Has anybody used Google Adwords through golden pages? Would love to hear if it worked for you or is it better to go direct with google( I'm not a techie person) or are there other options to go with?

Thanks,

Greg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

I didn't know Golden Pages were acting as AdWords agents.
    An AdWords campaign is not difficult to set up. You just need to do a bit of research and know what your key phrases are and what your daily budget is.
    You do need to monitor it to ensure it is providing a ROI as whatever daily budget you decide on, Google will find a way to spend it.

There are lots of free tutorials on AdWords on the Web

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Google adwords is handy enough to set up and run I have done it myself and found it easy enough. I have also used https://www.facebook.com/thesocialmediaexpert these guys to advertise businesses for me and found them very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Google adwords is handy enough to set up and run I have done it myself and found it easy enough. I have also used https://www.facebook.com/thesocialmediaexpert these guys to advertise businesses for me and found them very good.

Seriously !!
    No website,
    No phone contact details
    Their address is listed as "Main Street Dublin"
    No information at all that would lead you to believe its a legitimate business

For social media experts they know very little about doing business online !!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

_Brian wrote: »
    Seriously !!
    No website,
    No phone contact details
    Their address is listed as "Main Street Dublin"
    No information at all that would lead you to believe its a legitimate business

For social media experts they know very little about doing business online !!

I don't really mind no website or phone number when it's been run by students and there not charging a penny for there help or advise. They gave me a lot of advise and help recently and it helped me out. I just thought they might have info and advise for the op and might be able to save him some money. Don't accuse them of not being a legitimate company because if there not charging people, there not a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Going to the Golden Pages to manage a social media campaign is a bit like going to a blacksmith
    to get a car repaired.

Golden Pages offering to run social media campaigns is just a dying kick from a dying company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 greg4577

I done it last year with golden pages but with mixed success. Will prob go direct with google

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I don't really mind no website or phone number when it's been run by students and there not charging a penny for there help or advise. They gave me a lot of advise and help recently and it helped me out. I just thought they might have info and advise for the op and might be able to save him some money. Don't accuse them of not being a legitimate company because if there not charging people, there not a company.

Ahh come on now.
    Their calling themselves "social media experts", now their a group of do good students giving their time for free to help out businesses advertise.

If their claiming to be experts then they need to stand up to the expectations that title brings with it., an anonymous FB account wih false address and no contact details = cowboy territory.
    I'd be very reluctant to go near them, if they mess things round and your site gets black listed by google you've no comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 BillyBudd33

Hi Greg4577.

Golden Pages are now owned by Googles 'only' Premier Partner for SMEs in Ireland FCR Media Ltd.
    I tried a 6 month campaign for €2,500 and it worked very well for me. I won't quote figures, but it paid me back entirely with more.
    I am led to believe that their Google AdWords reps are actually trained by Google in Barrow street, so going by my results and how well it was ran over a 24 week period I was best pleased.
    My business is seasonal, so I only need to use AdWords throughout a certain part of the year (March to September)

I recommend FCR Media (Golden Pages) for this type of advertising.

Regards,
    BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 munuus

Hi Greg4577.

Golden Pages are now owned by Googles 'only' Premier Partner for SMEs in Ireland FCR Media Ltd.
    I tried a 6 month campaign for €2,500 and it worked very well for me. I won't quote figures, but it paid me back entirely with more.
    I am led to believe that their Google AdWords reps are actually trained by Google in Barrow street, so going by my results and how well it was ran over a 24 week period I was best pleased.
    My business is seasonal, so I only need to use AdWords throughout a certain part of the year (March to September)

I recommend FCR Media (Golden Pages) for this type of advertising.

Regards,
    BB.

interesting info thanks

Advertisement