Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 6 from USA

• 20-09-2014 8:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have friend who could ship me new unlocked Iphone 6( around 100 euro saving) just wondering has anyone done it with older models any issues with European networks? 4G works no problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

darka78 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have friend who could ship me new unlocked Iphone 6( around 100 euro saving) just wondering has anyone done it with older models any issues with European networks? 4G works no problem?

Hey man, no issue anymore as long as it is a GSM model Model A1549 (GSM)

This will work on all 4G bands for Irish networks.

There was an issue before, but not anymore.

Your warranty won't apply over here though, so you would have to send back to your friend who would then in turn send it to Apple. Your consumer law doesn't apply either.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

from apple warranty policy :
    IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE AND iPAD SERVICE.
    Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone and iPad to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

If he ships it there's a high chance it will be pulled by customs and it'll end up costing you more than buying it here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Also be carefull as iphone6 only available with T-Mobile sim no one sure if it's locked to that network or if it's sim free big chance to take for a 100€ plus no warrety as said above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It's been confirmed as unlocked.

Advertisement