Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa vs Arsenal (KO 15:00 20/09)

• 20-09-2014 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭

Aston-Villa-vs-Arsenal.jpg

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head
    • Aston Villa haven't beaten Arsenal at home in 15 attempts since coming from two goals down to win 3-2 on 13 December 1998 (D7, L8).
    Aston Villa
    • Villa have made their best start to a season since 1998-99, when they also had 10 points after four games.
    • The last time Villa made a better start to a league campaign was in 1930-31. That year they began with four successive wins.
    • Villa have more points (10) than shots on target this season (six). They have had fewer shots on target than any other side in the division.
    • They are the only Premier League team to have recorded three clean sheets so far this season.
    Arsenal
    • Arsenal are one of three teams yet to keep a Premier League clean sheet (along with Sunderland and West Ham). Last term they kept 17 clean sheets - only Chelsea had a higher total.
    • They have conceded a headed goal in each of their four top-flight games so far this season.
    • The Gunners have drawn three successive league games - a fourth would represent their longest run of top-flight draws since sharing the points in five consecutive matches between January and February 2009.
    • Five of the six league goals Arsenal have conceded this season have been scored in the first half.

Going for an Arsenal 2-1 away win. Villa to make it a hard fought match though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Huge game for us today. Hopefully see some changes form midweek

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hard to see beyond a draw. Hopefully the result during the week will give them a kick up the arse and prove me wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Unless we turn up with "RAGE" running through our veins after that last dire attempt at a football game this is gonna be a hard game for us. We need to keep it tight for 20mins at the back get a rhythm going and use are technical players alot more. Ozil better stand up and stop moping, I aint having a pop but he won the world cup he should be striding around chest out and saying look at me I am a world champion and I am that good. His body language is shocking at the moment.....COYG!!!!!

Id say it will be a very close game and I would take a 1-0 win or a score draw.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hard to see beyond a draw. Hopefully the result during the week will give them a kick up the arse and prove me wrong.

After the start villa have had we are not exactly expecting to lose but even a draw here would be a massive result for villa IMO

Any news on vlaars fitness? Not that baker did too bad in his stead vs Liverpool (MOTM)

Hope arsenal keep playing ozil on the wing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

Villa under no pressure, with a happy squad, that love sitting back and counter-attacking. Just look at Liverpool last week.

Against an Arsenal squad, slightly underperforming, with fans looking for a reaction but with a weak backline.

I can see Villa getting another win or even being happy with the draw. A win for Villa puts us top of the table and is just another step for us on the way to the title as the new 'invincibles'

Unbeaten in 1st 4 league games has in no way got us Villa fans heady with excitement. No way at all. Not after the last 3 seasons of stress free, free flowing play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

3-0 win today for us Gooners and our best performance of the season. Only 1 defeat since April and some of our fans are going on like we haven't won a game since April :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

After the start villa have had we are not exactly expecting to lose but even a draw here would be a massive result for villa IMO

Any news on vlaars fitness? Not that baker did too bad in his stead vs Liverpool (MOTM)

Hope arsenal keep playing ozil on the wing

Vlaar almost certainly out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Villas stats so far this season have been mighty impressive.

If this game was at the Emirates I'd make Arsenal favourites, as it stands its pretty even and Villa have a very good chance of upsetting Arsenal today and taking something from this game.

Should be an interesting game, going throw it in as a draw in my acca I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

4-2 to Arsenal, Chesney with a hatrick.#attackingplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Villas stats so far this season have been mighty impressive.

If this game was at the Emirates I'd make Arsenal favourites, as it stands its pretty even and Villa have a very good chance of upsetting Arsenal today and taking something from this game.

Should be an interesting game, going throw it in as a draw in my acca I reckon.

id be of the opposite opinion. Villa are at home and have to come out and at least try and play some football. At the emirates they'd sit very deep and hit us on the counter. Which we are well dodgy with.

They are still goina play on the counter but they have to come out a small bit at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Boateng schooled, Schmeichel schooled

Bx7_11gCYAAYMSo.jpg1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

2-1 to Villa and Danny to score first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Arsenal: Szczesny, Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis, Welbeck

Jack dropped for Cazorla - so Ozil at no 10 ?

Villa: Guzan, Senderos, Hutton, Clark, Cissokho, Delph, Westwood, Cleverley, Richardson, Weimann, Agbonlahor

Clark starts. All optimism is dead. A couple of penalties for Arsenal guaranteed now.

Subs,

#AVFC Okore, Bacuna, Sanchez, N'Zogbia, Given, Lowton, Grealish

#AFC Diaby, Coquelin, Ospina, Rosicky, Wilshere, Podolski,
    Oxlade-Chamberlain

Diaby still lives !!

EDIT: Coquelin the token defender !

Bugger. First 3 games Vlaar and Senderos brilliant together. 4th Game Vlaar out Baker in and surprises everyone with MoM performance. So of course he's now out and we're down to 4th choice Clark.

Surprised he's in ahead of Okore as Okore has been making the bench and Clark out in the cold. Still remember a few seasons ago Clark scored 2 against Arsenal as a youngster trying to break through.

Patser wrote: »
    Bugger. First 3 games Vlaar and Senderos brilliant together. 4th Game Vlaar out Baker in and surprises everyone with MoM performance. So of course he's now out and we're down to 4th choice Clark.

Surprised he's in ahead of Okore as Okore has been making the bench and Clark out in the cold. Still remember a few seasons ago Clark scored 2 against Arsenal as a youngster trying to break through.

Okore is just not fit/ready yet it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Chamberlain in for Sanchez. All we need is another injury

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Surprised Wilshere is not starting, he has been quite good lately. Really think Ozil needs a good game. Should be a decent game, Villa have been very good this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is it on setanta

• Advertisement

Is it on setanta

Setanta sports 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Ox is starting not Sanchez, apparently it was an error. Alexis is on the bench still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Does that mean Ox into the Wilshere role and Ozil and Santi on the wings? :(

Raf32 wrote: »
    Does that mean Ox into the Wilshere role and Ozil and Santi on the wings? :(

More than likely which is extremely annoying. No Joel Campbell again in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

No defender on the bench...where are fcuk are Bellerin/Hayden?!

if Ox is on the right, Ozil in the middle and Santi on the left, I'm pretty happy tbh.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's alright lads, i started Hutton in my fantasy team, certain doom for Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Sanchez starting instead of Westwood as a late change

We put a Sanchez in,
    You take a Sanchez out,
    In out, In out,
    And kick them all about

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »
    Sanchez starting instead of Westwood as a late change

The virus strikes I'd imagine.
    Bad luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

1-1 methinks. Welbeck to miss a sitter.

Good strike Delph, he's due a goal

playing ourselves into trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Cant find a receipe.
    Cant even find the cooker.

Ramsey is really out of form.

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »

Dont say that!! Everytime someone says something like that, the player gets a hattrick.

I say he's brilliant;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Gringo180 wrote: »

His passing has been awful so far.

Villa closing us down very well. No space or time and we're struggling

Bit of pressure good to see. Welbeck should have done better

His passing has been awful so far.

Hes lost the ball about 5 times in a row now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Ramsey of last season scores that....

AAAAhhhhh!!

Clark close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Things like that is what I dont understand, I had a match last night and not once did we give away a free header like that. How can Clarke get so much space there I just dont know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Great pass Ozil, wtf Ramsey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

That was nailed on if Welbeck passed earlier.

Rambo or Caz inside of Ozil all alone

I remember our biggest complaint as arsenal fans was that we tried to overpass and walk the ball into the net. God how I'd take that right now....

Gabby playing very well in keeping Arsenal defence nervous, Richardson helping a lot but Weimann very quiet though

Ooozzzzzziiiiillllllll

Fair enough, good goal

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

YESSSSSSSSSSS! Get in. Delighted for Ozil.

• Advertisement
Advertisement