Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa vs Arsenal (KO 15:00 20/09)

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Big big big save from Szcz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

HazDanz wrote: »
    Ozil number 10 position gets a goal and an assist. Not a coincidence.

I'm not disagreeing with this but it helps he's remembered how to pass the ball 10 yards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Corholio wrote: »
    Dont get the concept of jokes eh?

I meant any talk of a virus in the first place. No need to be so bloody smart either

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

HazDanz wrote: »
    I think out wide Ozil is functional and fills a hole for Wenger. Playing him in the number 10 and he excels, he should play there.

Wish he was put there this season as like you have pointed out, plenty of players with pace around him now to feed.

Couldn't agree more. Considering what he offers centrally he should never go on the wing for me as even if it isn't their favoured position ox, cazorla etc can offer a lot more there plus you don't lose one of the best 10s in the world as a result, hell you would be better off with wild here out there as he would be just as functional but can't do as much as oil at 10 even tho he is on form ATM

Hope the result stays respectable though more tough games coming for villa and moral dropping majorly from a drubbing won't help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

Grealish on, Weimann off.

There's an almost certain sicky there I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

omega man wrote: »
    I meant any talk of a virus in the first place. No need to be so bloody smart either

But there is a virus in the Villa camp. Baker and Bent sent home, Westwood looks to be suffering from it too.

Your the one who who was quite dramatic.

Corholio wrote: »
    But there is a virus in the Villa camp. Baker and Bent sent home, Westwood looks to be suffering from it too.

Your the one who who was quite dramatic.

Ok then fair enough but I didn't hear any mention of the virus until arsenal went 3 up.

Ok then fair enough but I didn't hear any mention of the virus until arsenal went 3 up.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92279942&postcount=31

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92279892&postcount=721

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

The thing with playing Ozil at 10 like today is that he has so much more freedom to move around to come and get the ball. When he's on the wing he has to wait for the ball to come out to him and as a result often isn't very involved.

I'm noticing it big time this half in particular that he is actively going in search of the ball to try and start an attack.

• Advertisement

Gabby is really trying!! New contract must have spurred him on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Good foul Ramsey

Oh ffs Aaron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

Ramsey is awful today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Chambers should be gone, that should have been a 2nd yellow card

Sorry I meant on the match tv commentary. Moving on...

It is all just making excuses though. Against Arsenal it was always going to be tough, having disruption to the squad right up to 10 minutes before kick off was making it an even bigger ask.

The fact that Villa were playing so well for 30 minutes is a tribute to the belief that is in the squad now. But Arsenal have shown they've the skill to punish mistakes, and ruthlessly tore Villa apart when all their focus was lost after the 1st goal. That's nothing to do with the virus as such, just an unfamiliar set up lacking communication.

Sanchez especially has looked off pace, he's still new to the premier league and this is a deep end to be thrown in at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Never got the ozil criticism, getting flak for not tracking back when he never has in his career.
    He's definitely a luxury player but the better and more dominant arsenal play the more he'll do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Fearing a Chambers sending off here - could to with taking him off

Grealish played 10 minutes against Hull earlier in the season, was fouled 4 or 5 times and got 3 Hull players booked. It was even highlighted on MOTD later that evening.

Arsenal seem intent on fouling him every time too. What's he done? He is being hyped, looks a very good player for the future but is hardly tearing through defences, drawing desperate last minute tackles

• Advertisement

Just give it to Grealish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Patser wrote: »
    Grealish played 10 minutes against Hull earlier in the season, was fouled 4 or 5 times and got 3 Hull players booked. It was even highlighted on MOTD later that evening.

Arsenal seem intent on fouling him every time too. What's he done? He is being hyped, looks a very good player for the future but is hardly tearing through defences, drawing desperate last minute tackles
    Looks a bit like Wilshere, dribbles close to players and plays 1-2s so inevitably gets fouled a lot. We've been a bit lucky to not pick up a red through Arteta or Chambers.

Patser wrote: »

He's the new George Best.

JPA wrote: »
    He's the new George Best.

What, he's not being fouled, just staggering around drunk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,651 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dreadful 2nd half. Villa spineless with Arsenal couldnt be arsed

Might as well throw on Bacuna and N'Zogbia - even if just to add some energy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Just checking scores, well done Danny :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,651 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I just dont understand this villa mentality .

Your 3 down but you rather defend than trying to get back in the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Gabby has zero presence on the field until that all too rare time when he actually realises he's very quick. Can't wait to get the Beast back.

Clark's traditional late yellow card for no reason

(as in he just fouls someone for no reason)

Headshot wrote: »
    I just dont understand this villa mentality .

Your 3 down but you rather defend than trying to get back in the game?

Easier than somehow scoring 3 goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Well done danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Well done Arsenal. Well done Mesut and Welbeck.

Hopefully we push on from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Very poor game for a neutral to watch, only had that 5-6 minutes of interesting play tbh when the goals were scored. Second half was painful to watch.

Still Arsenal won't care, 3 points and Ozil and Welbeck getting on the score sheet.

Advertisement