Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

I sold my iPhone 6 Plus and got myself iPhone 6

• 20-09-2014 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I arrived 2am Friday morning in Victoria Square to queue for the new iPhone 6 plus. I was with 4 other friends who also are Apple fans so it was not bad at all to queue up for the new iPhone.

I am sure I am not the only one that was facing the dilemma of which new iPhone to choose between the 6 and 6Plus.

Battery life is very important for me as I travel frequently so and as I am into photography the optical image stabilisation was also very interesting to me.

So I bought myself a 128GB iPhone 6Plus and the Missus an iPhone 6. Once I arrived home and set up the Phone I simply could not overcome the size of the 6Plus. It was not really an upgrade of a Phone, it was in fact a new device all together. Normally I would be able to quickly glance on the iPhone to watch messages, status update on FB etc. But with the iPhone 6Plus there was no way I could do that with a single hand. I had to use both hands always.
    This was very annoying for me.

I tried using the feature to bring the screen down (double tabbing the home button) but this was required all the time and became also annoying.

Since I also run a few times in the week, the iPhone 6Plus was quit heavier and bigger than my iPhone 5S.

At home I was able to compare also with the iPhone 6 of my wife. It was just the right size.
    In fact I found reading on the iPhone 6 much better than reading on the iPhone 6Plus.

Anyway I put an ad on Donedeal and the Phone was sold in 2 hours with a good amount of Profit. Since I had a reservation for 5pm for 2 more Phones (which I reserved in case I was not able to go to Belfast Friday morning), I travelled to Belfast and picked up a Iphone 6 for myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Did you run out of room in your wallet for all the hundred dollar bills?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Riviting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Peace92

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Cool story Bro..

The purpose of the post is to help to make the decision easier for those that can not decide wether to go for the iPhone 6 or the iPhone 6 plus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Peace92 wrote: »
    The purpose of the post is to help to make the decision easier for those that can not decide wether to go for the iPhone 6 or the iPhone 6 plus

and....

http://youtu.be/AHo2pXO_XAI

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭caolfx

I once bought an iPhone 5s. True story.

In fact I'm typing this on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Tesco TripleChicken

Typical Apple customer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

1st world problem, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,406 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

SuperOito wrote: »
    I once bought an iPhone 5s. True story.

In fact I'm typing this on it!

Cool, easily the best story on here

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Typical Apple customer

Typical student responce

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I had to double check whether I was in AH or the Apple Devices forum given the comments here

What with the dissing on the OP?

Getting to the OP's point I can't see the attraction of the 6+ personally. It's just too damn big to be a convenient phone

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lm01

Thanks for the post, OP. Have been debating which one to order, so for me it's helpful to read the experiences of a casual user (not professional reviewer) with access to both. Will be keeping an eye out in the coming days/weeks to see is any other people who bought the Plus regretted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Helpful post OP. Thanks, wondered about the larger phone and how it would be operated with one hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I arrived 2am Friday morning in Victoria Square to queue for the new iPhone 6 plus. I was with 4 other friends who also are Apple fans

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Some real keyboard warriors here today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Settle down, chaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

If only there was already a thread on the subject....

Advertisement