Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 6 transfers thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'll probably bring Ulloa in for Naismith.I want welbeck but not prepared to take a hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Will probably get Heaton in for Krul. Burnley have decent fixtures coming up. Newcastle are doomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

8-10 wrote: »
    Best defender 5.6 or under for next 2 GW's only?

A southampton def

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Pelle and Chambers in,really need Pelle AMD Aguero to kick on as I'm being left behind by the leader in my cash league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Azpilicueta --> Bertrand (needed the $$)

Naismith --> Welbeck

4 point hit, Welbeck a bargain at 7.1 even if he is a bit of a donkey; my nan could score goals if she was the lone striker for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

A southampton def

Was my initial thought. They have Spurs away which is why I'm wary, though Spurs are not in great shape. I figured there'd be a better option, any other suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Was my initial thought. They have Spurs away which is why I'm wary, though Spurs are not in great shape. I figured there'd be a better option, any other suggestions?

Saints' next game is QPR home before Spurs away. Spurs have Arsenal away next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Right enough messing around. Di Maria, Welbeck and Lukaku in for Ramsey, Rooney and Ade. I just cant see Ulloa keeping up that rate of scoring but Jelavic looks a decent bet too. Rooney has to go now that he's playing deeper and Ade is doing nothing. Or would Falcao and Jelavic outscore Lukaku and Welbeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Clyne?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Duff in for Vlaar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Di Maria in for Ramsey done. ADM is going to rise again very soon.

Chester to Chambers will have to wait. Chambers has two tough games next anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

I've 1.5m itb after doing my double transfer of Ramsey/Ade out for Di Maria/Welbeck.
    Coloccini is next on the chopping block but not sure who for.
    Do I keep the 1.5m and go with another cheapie? Probably best I'd say at this stage. Might get Chambers in.

Sunderland Pva 2 home games or Leicester def pal a burnley home. Having watched burnley yesterday they are really going to struggle to score with ings and vokes out and Jones one of their better players may be injured now also. Clyne could get u a .2 rise over the next 2 weeks though and not sure but is the Spurs game after a Europa game which would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Wildcard time is upon me. Planning to do 8 transfers of
    Heaton <De Gea
    Mannone <Myhill
    Chambers <Caulker
    Wisdom <Bruce
    Fábregas <Mata
    Di María <Ramsey
    Quinn <El Ahmadi
    Sterling <Eriksen
    Now none of this is set in stone and I would be considering Ozil instead of Sterling or gk selection changing. Any thoughts or opinions guys??
    322917.png
    322920.png

Anyone that saw the Utd game today wanna give a rundown on their attacking options and future prospects as it looks like they will be scoring lots of goals. Namely rvp roo Falcao mata adm Herrera.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Transfers Made: 4 point hit

Tadic ----> Di Maria

Evans
    > Hutton

Manquillo
    > Wisdom

Anyone that saw the Utd game today wanna give a rundown on their attacking options and future prospects as it looks like they will be scoring lots of goals. Namely rvp roo Falcao mata adm Herrera.

Di Maria looks a fantastic option in goals and more likely assists. I would bet Rooney being the only regular certainty starting out of the 3 up top and I have little confidence in Mata atm. Herrera isn't exactly a goalscorer and there are better options out there. Imo, Di Maria is the way to go.

Di Maria looks a fantastic option in goals and more likely assists. I would bet Rooney being the only regular certainty starting out of the 3 up top and I have little confidence in Mata atm. Herrera isn't exactly a goalscorer and there are better options out there. Imo, Di Maria is the way to go.

He is usually a 6 goal a season player looking at his stats and a load of assists which is what has put me off . May need to consider him now.

Will moat probably get ris of my one week heartbreaker Ade. Question is whether to get on Aguero now or ride tue almost certain 0.2 rise on Welbeck or Ulloa?

Happy to be working the team value upwards and Aguero doesn't look essential just yet.

• Advertisement

He is usually a 6 goal a season player looking at his stats and a load of assists which is what has put me off . May need to consider him now.

Well no, he's not a goalscorer but he will most likely assist more than any other player unless Ozil/Fabregas hit top form. He has the frontline to put away the chances which will rack up his assists points quicker than a typical 10 goal a season midfielder would get from scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Ulloa or Pelle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

time for an 8 point hit i think!

ramsey naismith ferdinand out / wisdom di maria welbeck in

didn't foresee myself taking ramsey out, but he looked out of sorts against Villa, and di maria... well he looks the biz. naismith, thanks (just for the 0.2 profit actually), good riddance! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Very tempted to wildcard, but resisting for now. Transfers made for my first -4 of the season: Ramsey and Naismith out for ADM and Welbeck. I think Ramsey will come good, but don't feel like doubling up on Arsenal for Spurs and Chelsea and want enough in the bank for a possible Rooney to Aguero move in a future GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

While I'm currently in extreme easily influenced with every passing moment mode during the United match I think I know what my transfers are going to be.

As of now it looks like I'll do at somestage this week:

Mata -> ADM
    Ramsey -> Sterling
    Caulker -> Duff/Moore

I've got 2 free transfers so would be for -4. At that point I'd either have .6 or .7 in the bank so could go Rooney -> Falcao too but might hold that transfer a week.

Anyway another 45 minutes and the 4pm games for me to find more shiny toys to play with

I think I'll be doing this tonight and going for Moore over Duff. I don't really want to suffer any more price changes either.

I might use the wildcard in the 2nd international break in a few weeks so not going to go too mad but those seem like the right moves to be making.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Saints' next game is QPR home before Spurs away.

I know this, my question was specifically on next 2 GW's:

I think PVA is another good shout. Clyne still a possibility and it's a good point about Spurs having Europa, plus they looked toothless today.

Trippier and Janmaat interesting but have 2 away games. Ashley Williams also on the watchlist. I'll probably wait until Friday before choosing, otherwise banking it.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Will moat probably get ris of my one week heartbreaker Ade. Question is whether to get on Aguero now or ride tue almost certain 0.2 rise on Welbeck or Ulloa?

Happy to be working the team value upwards and Aguero doesn't look essential just yet.

I'd jump on Welbeck due to the fact he's lone striker for Arsenal and will get goals. Leicester looked good today and I know Ulloa has been good but I'd put my faith in an Arsenal striker over a Leicester striker as Leicester are far more likely to draw blanks.

Aguero is, in my opinion, the best player in the league but despite a few good sub appearances he certainly isn't essential just yet. With Welbeck you'll likely get 2x price rises and see how Aguero does now that City have softer fixtures. It'll be good to see how he does against Hull, same for Silva as I am eyeing him as a replacement for Ramsey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Went Moreno to Chambers and Jutkiewicz to Ulloa, as I had a free transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

How did Silva play today for City?

I'm thinking about bringing him in for Ramsey..

titan18 wrote: »
    Went Moreno to Chambers

Why this switch out of interest? Moreno is showing a lot going forward and has 2 home fixtures next, Arsenal have Spurs and Chelsea next 2 games. After that is the International break so I'm not looking beyond the next 2 fixtures yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Im loving people shipping ramsey out, he had what 2 quiet games ? he'll definitely score points all season long imo.

• Advertisement

Im loving people shipping ramsey out, he had what 2 quiet games ? he'll definitely score points all season long imo.

I think he'll start next week, but wouldn't be shocked to see him on the bench against Spurs. He definitely hasn't hit the heights of last season (despite scoring two tap-ins) and with Ozil doing brilliantly in the 10 role against Villa it's either Ramsey or Wilshere.

I think he'll start next week, but wouldn't be shocked to see him on the bench against Spurs. He definitely hasn't hit the heights of last season (despite scoring two tap-ins) and with Ozil doing brilliantly in the 10 role against Villa it's either Ramsey or Wilshere.

Walcott back soon too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

He might well, but there are players out there that will probably out score him for the next x amount of games, if your playing 433 for example, he probably won't be in your team, Sterling/ADM/Fab are probably if everyone's team. Only last week, it was said that Siggy should be nailed on in people team, so then where does that leave Ramsey?

Ramsey is a curious one. He has not been playing well and it's visible that he's not. However on another day he'd have had 2 goals against Villa.

He could do with a rest which he should get during the week and anything can happen when Arsenal play Spurs.

If I ship him out its for Sterling so it's one high ownership or another and Raheem has the better fixtures over the next 2 weeks. I may wildcard then so Ramsey's form might be clearer. That's where I'm coming from if I transfer him out.

Ramsey is a curious one. He has not been playing well and it's visible that he's not. However on another day he'd have had 2 goals against Villa.

He also assisted the assister twice yesterday. I'd love to see him do well the next two weeks against our London rivals, but can't afford to not have ADM with his fixtures and form. It was a tight call between Siggy and Ramsey to ship out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

WC activated.

Who is looking most likely to rise 0.2 this week?

ADM?
    Ulloa?
    Welbeck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Everything I do will depend on the fitness of Evans and Sanchez.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    He might well, but there are players out there that will probably out score him for the next x amount of games, if your playing 433 for example, he probably won't be in your team, Sterling/ADM/Fab are probably if everyone's team. Only last week, it was said that Siggy should be nailed on in people team, so then where does that leave Ramsey?

Ramsey can be changed out for a whole host of players e.g. Silva, Lamela, Eriksen, Sterling etc. all cost less. Siggy is in a totally different price range, can't be readily swapped for someone who will consistently deliver decent hauls.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

This Ulloa guy is tempting... though with Diego Costa-Rooney-Welbeck I guess I've no immediate need for a change. Eriksen -> Di Maria will prob be my transfer this week.

jive wrote: »
    Ramsey can be changed out for a whole host of players e.g. Silva, Lamela, Eriksen, Sterling etc. all cost less. Siggy is in a totally different price range, can't be readily swapped for someone who will consistently deliver decent hauls.

My point was if you have Fab/Sterling/ADM which I believe a lot will have, and you are of the opinion siggy is nailed on, chances are your not going to be playing Ramsey. Therefore most people will be getting rid of him.

• Advertisement

Ok I've used my 2 FTs

Mata -> Di Maria
    Caulker -> Liam Moore

I'd expect a seismic shift between those remaining Mata owners and ADM and just bringing him in generally. As for Caulker I was getting rid despite the goal. I wouldn't be using him over the coming weeks and Moore enables me to free cash and offers a great cheap option going forward.

I can decide on Ramsey -> Sterling as the week goes on for a -4 but there's no major rush for that move tonight I don't think (hope).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Ozil has to be considered now as well.

Did ramsey to ADM. Will get costa later in the week and may shift krul for a -8. Time to get back on track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Just did:
    Sanchez -> DiMaria
    Naismith -> Ulloa

4pt Hit

jive wrote: »
    I'd jump on Welbeck due to the fact he's lone striker for Arsenal and will get goals. Leicester looked good today and I know Ulloa has been good but I'd put my faith in an Arsenal striker over a Leicester striker as Leicester are far more likely to draw blanks.

Aguero is, in my opinion, the best player in the league but despite a few good sub appearances he certainly isn't essential just yet. With Welbeck you'll likely get 2x price rises and see how Aguero does now that City have softer fixtures. It'll be good to see how he does against Hull, same for Silva as I am eyeing him as a replacement for Ramsey

I think based on fixtures I might do Ulloa, Welbeck did well, but a wounded Spurs side next at home and then a trip to Chelsea vs Ulloa who has Palace away and Burnley at home, huge games for the if they want to stay up.

I've just wildcarded and thankfully still pretty happy with my defence and midfield so I'm happy to tinker with the frontline and may end up doing Ulloa to Welbeck next week.

Another factor is Welbeck is not nailed on for a 0.2 rise this week, Pelle got more NTI yesterday, and Ulloa is leading him 82k to 23k today. Will almost certainly rise tonight and especially with the fixtures at least once more by the weekend.

I think perhaps given most Premier league fans know Welbecks form for years now, and possibly don't rate him massively, so he has to do more to convince FPL managers, while Ulloa is new and shiney, not to mention cheap as chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

-4 taken on Di Maria and Welbeck. Think I'll suffer on with Krul rather than go to -8. Hard to know who to replace him with though. Pool and United are shaky, Hart and Courtois v. expensive and Spurs too inconsistent to make me go for Lloris. Am thinking Szczesny might be a good option after the Chelsea fixture.

-4 taken on Di Maria and Welbeck. Think I'll suffer on with Krul rather than go to -8. Hard to know who to replace him with though. Pool and United are shaky, Hart and Courtois v. expensive and Spurs too inconsistent to make me go for Lloris. Am thinking Szczesny might be a good option after the Chelsea fixture.

I got Forster in - 0.5 more, but Southampton look decent. Mannone is probably a good shout at the same price as Krul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I got Forster in - 0.5 more, but Southampton look decent. Mannone is probably a good shout at the same price as Krul.

I have Bertrand and Van Aanholt already though and wouldn't really like to double up.

I have Bertrand and Van Aanholt already though and wouldn't really like to double up.

Ah, well fair enough. You're probably right to just persist with Krul for the minute.

• Advertisement

no point taken a another -4 to get rid of keeper, too risky picking a keeper keeping clean sheets imo, only one I reckon will get CS is Foster, burnley have only scored 1 goal this season and was first game.

Advertisement